Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2012, 16:16   #1
Senior Member+

Who would you like to see tried from the youth team?

Now that league status is secured and with our heavy injuries in the defence department can we expect to see some youth players tried left back Joe Wilkinson comes to mind, I remember him coming on in a cup match earlier in the year and he looked cool and confident in a wing back stance
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-04-2012, 17:27   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Who would you like to see tried from the youth team?

Cant remember him making a first team appearance???

Personally would like to see Carver get a run before the end of the season.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 17:45   #3

the player in question was Joe Wilkinson, he came on after 48 minutes in the game against Oldham in the lancs senior cup tie, the other youth players that night were Joe Greenhalgh, sub on 77th minute, Young goalkeeper Andrew Dawber, sub on the 78th minute, Young Hopper and Adam Stockdale started the game, while two more youth team players were unused subs being, Jack Sargent and Karl Dailey
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:36   #4
God Member

If there are any more like Hopper, who had a great game against Torquay, things would be looking very rosy.
However, there are hidden costs in playing youth players- either Stanley would need to supply smaller shirts or compulsory rations of Holland's pies.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 18:16   #5
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Who would you like to see tried from the youth team?

Have you seen the size of the apprentices?? Carver doesn't need any pies but the Youth Team do eat them after home gamesIt's official that Hopper, Carver and Stockdale have been offered first year professional contracts for next season, the Gaffer is very much in favour of Youth and the Centre of Excellence which becomes an Academy next season. There is a massive financial outlay but considering the success in producing current first team players Murphy; Grant; Burton and Hopper as well as Carver who was on the bench for FA Cup Tie we need to raise some much needed cash which is supported by the Premier League through the Football League. We have a chance to develop even further.
Keep watching the official website for the proposed methods of raising the money to develop the Clubs Academy.
ASFCRed56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 20:08   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASFCRed56 View Post
Have you seen the size of the apprentices?? Carver doesn't need any pies but the Youth Team do eat them after home gamesIt's official that Hopper, Carver and Stockdale have been offered first year professional contracts for next season, the Gaffer is very much in favour of Youth and the Centre of Excellence which becomes an Academy next season. There is a massive financial outlay but considering the success in producing current first team players Murphy; Grant; Burton and Hopper as well as Carver who was on the bench for FA Cup Tie we need to raise some much needed cash which is supported by the Premier League through the Football League. We have a chance to develop even further.
Keep watching the official website for the proposed methods of raising the money to develop the Clubs Academy.
But are Premier League clubs allowed to poach the youngsters for a maximum £3000 compensation fee, thus defeating the whole object of developing young players?
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 21:30   #7
Junior Member+

Not quite right there Redash! That compensation fee of £3000.00 is for Under 9 - Under 11 (applicable annual fixed fee) so if we pick a youngster up at U9 and he is 'scouted' by a premier club at U11 we would be entitled to £9000.00. U12 - Under 16 (applicable annual fixed fee) at Category 3 Academy status is £12,500.00, so it can be substantial. Clubs such as ASFC also have the evidence of players progressing through the 'system' to the first team which means they have a chance, and therefore we can try to hold on to them and encourage them to develop at this level, make the grade and get a better move later in their careers. It takes away the 'big money' gratuities for 'small' clubs but they can also make money albeit on a smaller scale from selling the odd youngster season on season at all ages which if they are attracting that calibre of player means it could be a profitable business and the Club would still produce players for League 2 etc. The talented and gifted would be the ones 'small' clubs lose and they would lose them eventually anyway if they developed that well. By the way The Premier League held The Football League over a barrel and that is why they had to accept the compensation offer. 'Sell them early and get them back for free when they have been coached by the elite and then released as not making the grade'!!! Clubs might have to employ well qualified Psychologists to deal with the 'fallout' but they will eventuall get their calibre of player back, hopefully with better technical and tactical awareness. I would prefer this system than what happens currently, some 'Big' Clubs approach players parents and encourage them to ask for release without compensation and then sign up the best players from a clun FREE!!! clubs will have a better control on its players albeit for less compensation. Double edged sword unfortunately.
ASFCRed56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:26   #8
God Member

A subject that ASFCRed56 that fascinates me after being involved in grass roots fotball for a while and seeing the benefits that it brings I would like to know more about the Academy status as it is a big step up from CoE status.

It seems such a shame that the PL seem to have forced this situation, I wish all concerned all the best with the plans and hope it carries on producing players through the ranks for Clubs like Staney it can be a lifeblood.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 05:16   #9
God Member

Interesting read Accrington Stanley on mission for Academy funding (From Lancashire Telegraph)

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 14:28   #10
Senior Member+

To be honest its going to be hard on the younger lads, with no resis football,to break into the first team.
The right back looked ok and the keeper has a good kicking game.
The lad who caught my eye a while ago was Alex McPolin.
He seems to have gone off the radar,anybody got any info???,A real shame if he doesnt get a sniff.
The lad who come on as sub(was at Bolton),looked like he has something as well,nice touch ,good pace and balance
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 16:22   #11

football19 do you mean the lad that came on for hatfield, in the wigan game
Old 27-04-2012, 16:46   #12

I think the lad who came on as sub against Oldham was Joe greenhalgh?
He came to us from Bolton I believe> Good strong midfielder with plenty of guts< think he has been released though< saw him in youth games and he looked like he had potential.
accymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 17:14   #13

Seen a couple of games over past seasons. Alex McPolin stood out in two in particular. The lad has pace, stamina, and can read a game. Scored a couple of crackers at Blackpool and Bury. Believe he'll make a good addition to the first team given the chance.
accithump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 17:23   #14

accy mark- as of 3rd post further up the page, it was joe, but not against wigan
Old 27-04-2012, 18:36   #15
God Member

One who replaced Hatfield was James Taylor wasn't it ? Come through Burnley youth setup I think

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..