Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2005, 23:56   #1

Cool Who's a Lancashire Cup Boffin??? - need help

Hello its me!

Right

Can anyone give me the full history of the Marsden trophy ie full list of winners. Plus I would also like details of all Bamber Bridges matches on the way to this stage. Lancashire FA website is non too efficient with these neccesities. HELP HELP HELP.

also... which current Bamber Bridge players have played for Stanley?
Adam Cottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-02-2005, 09:24   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Who's a Lancashire Cup Boffin??? - need help

Previous winners are on the Lancashire FA site at http://www.lancashirefa.com/countycu...vious+Winners/. Results so far can be accessed from http://www.lancashirefa.com/summary.htm or the results page at http://www.unibondleague.com/. Bamber Bridge's results so far are Rossendale (H) 3-1, Atherton Collieries (A but played at Bamber Bridge) 3-2, and Radcliffe Borough (A) 4-3 aet.

Bamber's squad is listed at
http://www.soccerfactsuk.co.uk/squadlist.php?teamid=248 and there are two or three names there that you might recognise.

Last edited by MikeA; 27-02-2005 at 09:34.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2005, 12:21   #3

Smile Re: Who's a Lancashire Cup Boffin??? - need help

ta very much
Adam Cottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005, 11:04   #4
Junior Member+

Just to clarify - the list of Brig players is well out of date. The following players have moved on - or been moved on:

Jamie Squires (Chorley), Stewart Clitheroe, Danny Kent (Fleetwood), Mark Milligan (Kirkham & Wesham), John Bailey (Clitheroe), Dave Leaver (retired), Mark Wane (Fleetwood Town, now Kirkham & Wesham), Danny Mills, Brian Welch, Dave McCann (Squires Gate), Stuart Honor (watching Wigan Athletic), Andy Whittaker (retired), Phil Lockett, Doni Clarke, Greg Challender (Congleton?), Steve Whitehall, Chris Brookes (Rossendale Utd), Mark Melling.

Haven't a clue who this Adams is supposed to be. Allegedly played at Hyde. He didn't. Hyde had a player called Adams though.

In addition, Andy Farley hasn't played since his wife gave birth. Simon Woodward is the reserve team manager and hasn't played this season.

The team that played on Satdi at Farsley was: Andy Banks, Lee Clitheroe (James Sheppard 58), Jimmy King, Glen Steel, Stuart Shepherd, Lee Cooper, Daryl Allen, Andy Richards (David Campbell 79), Chris Ward, Peter Wright, Gino Pulvino (Ashley McManus 80)

Wouldn't expect too many changes for tonight's game.
Speedbairn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005, 11:21   #5
God Member

Blimey nice to see you in here speedbairn...
You going tonight then?
Old 28-02-2005, 11:40   #6
God Member

The only player I know who played for us and (as far as I know) is at Bamber Bridge now is Barry Shuttleworth.
AccyMad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005, 14:14   #7
Junior Member+

Thanks Kipax - yep, I'll be there.

AccyMad - Bazza served the first of a three game ban at the weekend. Sent off at home to Leek Town after some shameful playacting from his "victim".
Old 28-02-2005, 15:08   #8
God Member

Ah shame that - would've liked to have seen him play (or maybe not, I remember he scored against us when he played for Alty). Are you lot gonna be bringing many tonight?

Last edited by AccyMad; 28-02-2005 at 15:09.
AccyMad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005, 15:47   #9
Junior Member+

Can't see us bringing many

The Barmy Brig Army is just plain barmy now

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..