Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2009, 16:32   #1
Resting in Peace

Who's going to be the penalty taker?

What a nightmare for poor old Proccy. Missed a decent chance in each half plus the missed penalty. I would give it to Jimmy Ryan who can't half belt the ball. We can't possibly let Proccy try to make amends with the next one (should we be so lucky). His, and our, nerves would be jangling unless we were 2-0 up with about 5 minutes to play.
We made Daggers look like the worst team we've played this season, without playing all that well, but let them off the hook.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2009, 16:43   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Who's going to be the penalty taker?

twas a bigger nightmare fer the fans, Procter should not be allowed to take an Anadin.
Old 21-02-2009, 16:56   #3
Senior Member+

All the Clayton End could have told you he was going to miss it just from the expression on his face. That said, no-one near me thought (a) it was a penalty or (b) that it was in the area ........
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2009, 17:34   #4
Senior Member+

In fact, the guy next to me wanted his Auntie Ivy to take it, rather than Proccie ..... and she's 93 next month
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2009, 18:48   #5
God Member

Smile Re: Who's going to be the penalty taker?

Needs to be Cav or Ryan, in my opinion ! Someone who can put their foot through it ...........................

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2009, 19:29   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Needs to be Cav or Ryan, in my opinion ! Someone who can put their foot through it ...........................
Sorry - not Cav please. He missed too many as our penalty taker after a good start. It seems everyone who gets the job gets the wobbles after banging a few in. I think Lutel James was our most reliable in recent years, but even he couldn't bag 100%.
Time for a new man to start a good run.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2009, 20:29   #7
Senior Member+

get kenny taking them he must have a good goal bonus if he scores

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2009, 21:32   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
get kenny taking them he must have a good goal bonus if he scores

Have you seen Kenny kick a ball ????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 12:24   #9
Senior Member+

Why strip him of his penalty taking duties after missing just two penaltys? He like others wernt on form against the daggers and yes he did miss it , but their is no reason to take his penalty taking duties away from him! Their have been times where you have known proccy is going to score and he does, i thought proccy was going to score yesterday and put all his bournmouth worries behind him but he missed like plenty of other have before him!
To take this duty away from him wouldnt half knock his confidence and i dont think we have a better penalty taker in the squad tbh. The only good one i would of always bet to score would be Andy Todd!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 12:49   #10
Senior Member+

Jimmy Ryan stepped up to take the penalty yesterday, but Cavanagh sent him back.
Old 22-02-2009, 12:57   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Why strip him of his penalty taking duties after missing just two penaltys? He like others wernt on form against the daggers and yes he did miss it , but their is no reason to take his penalty taking duties away from him! Their have been times where you have known proccy is going to score and he does, i thought proccy was going to score yesterday and put all his bournmouth worries behind him but he missed like plenty of other have before him!
To take this duty away from him wouldnt half knock his confidence and i dont think we have a better penalty taker in the squad tbh. The only good one i would of always bet to score would be Andy Todd!
quite a few players get relived of taking em after a couple of misses, dont affect their confidence ya virtually knew by his approach yesterday, that it was gonna be missed, so why send ryan away?
Old 22-02-2009, 13:22   #12
Senior Member+

Because the simple fact Ryan isnt the penalty taker. Theirs always going to be negativity about this matter as if Ryan would of stepped up and took it then the majority would of said " Why didnt the penalty taker Proccy take it? " etc

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 13:26   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

so are you saying theres only procter with the ability to take one? cos no-way i buy that. if yer the appointed taker n ya don't fancy it, as was the impression i got.
Old 22-02-2009, 13:55   #14
Senior Member+

can paul mullin take a spot kick? A good way to boost his goal tally and give a striker confidence.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 14:32   #15

I dont think there should be a specific penalty taker. should be the person who feels upto it on the day, ie the person who is in form. bit like ryan wanted to take it, who has scored a few recently.
Kramer is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..