Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-05-2007, 17:30   #1

Will any of you be cheering for us?

Just wondered how many of you want us Shrews to win against MK Dons. TBH, I think it's come a year too soon for us, but you never know.
jaytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-05-2007, 19:36   #2

Re: Will any of you be cheering for us?

Obviously not! Still, the Wrexham board was a bit more lively, when I posted there!
Old 13-05-2007, 19:43   #3
Senior Member+

Maybe probably because they are all stupid and probably post to a stupid thread you`ve just created! And btw i hate shrewsburry!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2007, 19:46   #4
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Even though I dislike how MK Dons came to be, the facts are they finished 13 points above you, they beat us fair and square you needed the referee, their stewards where better than yours, we had a laugh with their fans yours just wanted a fight. You failed to beat Wrexham which would have helped send them down plus I had a side bet that Stockport would go up if they got to the play offs, is that a good enough list. To be honest I would like them to beat you then we can see you again next season at your new ground and this time hopefully we will win.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2007, 19:51   #5
Senior Member+

Am i thinking right bagpuss that you dont like the shrews that much then Lol?

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2007, 19:56   #6
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Am i thinking right bagpuss that you dont like the shrews that much then Lol?
I didn't think so but what I wrote makes it sound like I hate them.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2007, 20:01   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Maybe probably because they are all stupid and probably post to a stupid thread you`ve just created! And btw i hate shrewsburry!
Funnily enough, I've been talking to a Shrews Lady tonight, who said, "Weren't those Accrington lads lovely when they came down to us. So friendly" She obviously wasn't talking to you. I've always had a soft spot for Accy, and miserable people like you won't change that. I had a great time with your fans when I came up there. Looking forward to coming up and having a bit of social intercourse and banter with you next year. Sorry, not you, but nice northern people, who are the salt of the earth.
Old 13-05-2007, 20:22   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
You failed to beat Wrexham which would have helped send them down.
Got to admit I found that very dodgy,probably helping fellow Welshmen But all that aside I do hope you beat the franchise as they go against my ethics in football.The sooner A.F.C.Wimbledon climb the pyramid and do one over on them the better
Old 14-05-2007, 06:58   #9
God Member

both MK Dons and Shrewsbury have nice new grounds to visit next year, Theirs will be a hell of a lot bigger and smarter than yours so I probably rather go there. But Shrewsbury is only an hour and a half away so I'd like the Shrews to stay please!
Old 14-05-2007, 07:54   #10
Senior Member+

I would like the shrews to go up as their fans team are top chaps

all the best to the shrews

Loweiy
Old 14-05-2007, 13:25   #11

Shrewsbury all the way. Maybe the rest oif the football league has forgotten what they did to Wimbledon, but Im not. Shrewsbury please, a REAL club, with REAL fans and REAL heritage. Franchise FC to get tonked please!!!
Old 18-05-2007, 21:42   #12

Well, we knocked the pretend Wimbledon out. Some of you will be pleased, and some won't. Thanks for the PM's, don't worry, I never take any comments personally. AFC Wimbledon, who had their Club stolen, are really pleased for us! I wish I was there tonight, there might have well have been a free pint for me!
Old 18-05-2007, 22:53   #13
Senior Member+

When we went there a couple of weeks ago we told them they "would be staying down with the Stanley."

We were right.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2007, 07:12   #14
Senior Member+

As I live in the county, I'd be delighted if the Shrews made it to League One. But, if they slip up, I just hope Coley makes sure that Gary Peter's post-match comment about wanting to focus on Leeds United and Notts Forest next year instead of Accrington and Macclesfield comes back to haunt him! It's at http://www.bbc.co.uk/shropshire/real.../peters_18.ram, at about 2:20.
MikeA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2007, 21:08   #15

If watching Franchise FC lose wasn't funny enough, what makes it even more satisfying is that Shrews boss Gary Peters is an ex Wimbledon captain!! Oh the delicious irony!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..