Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-11-2018, 16:12   #31
God Member

Re: Wycombe One Up Front Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Strange assumption. The club has a one year option at the end of this season. He's going nowhere unless the club decides to sell.
Not strange, just natural to those of us who don't know contractual niceties of every, or any, player.
But glad to hear it.
Just hope Clark can rediscover some of his goal scoring form as, until the recent run of results, he's generally been able to bag a goal when needed.
cashman likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-11-2018, 17:41   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
They would be a big loss no doubt, but that sorta thing has always happened with Stanley so pointless bothering.
I disagree. Maybe always happened before but never has there been money in the coffers from sales.
Some money needs reinvesting in the playing staff.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2018, 17:48   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I disagree. Maybe always happened before but never has there been money in the coffers from sales.
Some money needs reinvesting in the playing staff.
No-ones saying some money dont need to be re-invested, it certainly does need to be if possible, whilst i agree money is in the coffers, yeh would have to be a bit thick to think were flush, we still have very small gates, plus everyone knows there are clubs outa the F.L. that can and do pay more than us, its a question of being realistic rather than daft,
Old 29-11-2018, 19:26   #34
God Member

I thought Stanley are still waiting on any money for Donacien. He's listed on the Ipswich Town web site as being 'on loan' with them.
Personally, I think using what little money there is on a training ground would be a better option than over paying for one or two players. I think the squad is OK, they just need a change of luck.
Old 30-11-2018, 09:16   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I thought Stanley are still waiting on any money for Donacien. He's listed on the Ipswich Town web site as being 'on loan' with them.
Personally, I think using what little money there is on a training ground would be a better option than over paying for one or two players. I think the squad is OK, they just need a change of luck.

But will it be ok in January if we lose half the loan players ?
Would you not like to see Ihiekwe and Anderton signed permanently ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2018, 12:38   #36
God Member

Quote:
The two defenders would be a big loss ...... surely you agree with that particularly the left back position. I would buy them both.
Quote:
Would you not like to see Ihiekwe and Anderton signed permanently ?
Of course, and I think it's extremely generous of you to offer to buy them both.
AccyMad, cashman, Chimer and 1 others like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..