Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2005, 14:38   #1
Senior Member+

Cool York City

Has anyone read the piece in the Non-League newspaper about the game yesterday. I think they called just right. Referee too whistle happy and card happy. 'Fraid the York manager got it wrong about Leam richardson's booking though. It should never have been. The ball clearly touched him on his shoulder if anything and it was ball to hand and not the other way round. In fact, I would say that the ref and his officials totally lost that game from the first whistle to the last. Which is probably why so many fans were infuriated. Talking of fans, it was nice to see a decent crowd, OK so 800 came from York, but that means that just under 1400 came to support Accy. Not bad when you consider the last 3 games. Another thing, it was nice to see a positive formation from the off and kept going to the end. No more sitting on a 1-0 lead please JC lets go for the Jugular and make them count. Sure we will have the odd goal scored against us, I mean when I went to the Clayton end terrace i walked passed the complete back four - all in suits - ouch and a goalie thrown in for good measure. Get well soon all of you.
More of the same against Grays please and the nation as its on TV

P.S. well done to the stewards and Accy officials to calm a situation that threatened to spoil an excellent game, which the officials tried to spoil

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!

Last edited by Outback Ozzy; 30-10-2005 at 14:41.
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-10-2005, 14:45   #2
Senior Member+

Re: York City

Leam said himself that it hit his arm but it was unintentional but the ball was heading out anyway, sounds about right really ref had a nightmare! Everybody did their job superbly and we could have gone and easily lost the game when they equalised but we showed passion and belief to win, Next for us is grays, will be a tough game without roberts and craney but we have other options which include boco and o'neill, bring on the grays
Old 30-10-2005, 15:17   #3

Rather nice report here:

http://www.yorkcityfc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17276
Mik Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2005, 15:28   #4
Senior Member+

good find mick griff, nice to see you at stanley

FAO Rob, Craney and Roberts both have 5 yellow cards, but don't they get to play the next game and then miss the one after? Rocky had 5 bookings but still played against gravesend before missing the hereford game?

Last edited by zayno14; 30-10-2005 at 15:45.
zayno14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2005, 16:57   #5
God Member

Great result yesterday...Thought Craney was excelent in the middle and didnt seem to stop running especially when he had lost the ball he did his best to gain it back....another great performance from mully who in the first half did very well helping out at the back when they almost had a constant presuure on us with the help of the strong wind thought it was a perfect time to score just before half time and against the run of play...No offence to Officer dibble but we looked 100% better at the back with randolph back in goal...thought welchy had a good game even if he struggled sometimes with the pace of their forwards.

But its a great result after the last few disappointing weeks! Lets hope we can turn in another good performance against greys, stop them in their tracks as they will be trying to set unbeaten record in the conference after equalling it yesterday!
Old 30-10-2005, 17:37   #6
Senior Member+

I feel sorry for the way he reporter describes jaggers as well built!! Anyone who has seen jaggers in just his towel will know that he is rather more ripped with muscles than his baggy kit suggests!!! I for one have had this privelidge and very nice it was too!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2005, 18:21   #7
Senior Member+

and mullin did not take two touches to finish his goal either!
Old 30-10-2005, 18:27   #8

Think Clayton Donaldson is really over-rated, he just looked like a thug and a diver to me

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2005, 18:46   #9
Senior Member+

dont let york fans hear that, he is the best player in the conference and instills so much fear into defenders and ventre should have been sent off for a professional foul on the god send himself
Old 31-10-2005, 10:21   #10
Senior Member+

Thought it was a good end to end game with both teams going for it. Gary Roberts played very well as did the defence. First time without Cav I thought we could get a clean sheet!

Had a feel of a cup tie & I thought the atmosphere (roofless!!!) was very good in the Clayton End. Well done all the flag holders in that wind!

Mullers did his best to miss that chance but hopefully he will kick on from there & get some luck his efforts have deserved.

A week off & hopefully the SKY cameras will help us show our promotion abilities & we can keep picking up points. We've now beaten Hereford, York, Daggers & Woking out of our promotion rivals

Could we be going places ?????

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..