Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-05-2012, 16:46   #1
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

York City

York City are up they beat Luton Town 2-1 in playoff final northern club!!! well done
Old 20-05-2012, 17:27   #2

Re: York City

Along with "the 464 derby" we now have the Northern Rail derby as trains go direct from Accy to York. Looking forward to this one cockers.
Old 20-05-2012, 19:06   #3
Senior Member+

I bet Mr Turner is having flash backs right about now of having to steward the York fans in the conference years when they we're less than helpful shall we say!!

Personally I'm glad they're up, another northern club to help cut the clubs travelling expenses down is always welcome!

Plus I strongly suspect that any major numpties that posed as York fans when they first came back down to the conference have been weeded out long ago.

Anyway, congratulations and welcome back to the football league York.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2012, 19:35   #4
Senior Member+

Great away trip
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2012, 22:28   #5
God Member

i'd rather have had Mansfield or Wrexham, but i suppose its better than Luton.

yay
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2012, 22:56   #6
Full Member+

Certainly a better outcome than Luton away for Stanley.

We might do a Burnley there!

Last edited by winstanley asfc; 21-05-2012 at 22:58.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2012, 23:04   #7
Full Member+

Happy days!!

winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 00:12   #8
Full Member+

Nice Awayday is York !!

Plenty to see up there....Loads of museums and cultural places of interest, some very nice boozers dotted around the centre....some very nice places to grab some food, a cracking market and shopping centre ( a good excuse to get the fairer sex interested) plus it's only around £20 return on the train !!!! Plus if you fancy a stop over, you can find some reasonably priced hotels !!!

Looking forward to it already.....Though watch that damn fixture computer throw it up as a midweek game !!!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 18:39   #9
Senior Member+

Congratulations to York. My parents are from Yorkshire and I always look out for the results of the clubs based in their county. It will be great to have another Roses derby back on our fixtures list. Their fans are always loud and enthusiastic when they come to The Crown ground, (apart from the one or two idiots who came when we met them in the Conference). Looking forward to renewing our old rivalries.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 18:50   #10
bdc

Glad York came back up, hopefully another new stadium to visit next season.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 19:24   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstanley asfc View Post
Certainly a better outcome than Luton away for Stanley.

We might do a Burnley there!

Apart from the match itself I always remember it for there being a copper on every roundabout from York back to Skipton. No idea why, it was a night match and they must have thought we were all going to pile off at every junction and drink the pubs dry when all we wanted to do was go home and drink our Horlicks

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..