Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-04-2006, 17:36   #16
God Member

Re: yyyyeeeeeeeeessssssss!!!

No more jokes about the milk marketing board jokes WE ARE BACK!!!!!

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-04-2006, 18:31   #17

Smile Re: yyyyeeeeeeeeessssssss!!!

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!

Just back with my wife from the incredible scenes at Woking and SO PROUD to be a Stanley supporter ! What a scene at the end with Stanley fans on the pitch and incredible smiling faces all round - the team cheered to the rafters and champagne being sprayed everywhere !!!! Never was it more deserved !

Although we fans suffered agonies in the second half after Paul Mullin shot us into the lead before halftime, we should not have worried - though my legs were shaking and my mouth was dry ! The whole team were brilliant and what can I say about Rob Elliott's amazing penalty saves, especially after the ref ordered the penalty to be retaken !!!! Amazingly, the officials ordered 5 minutes of stoppage time and for all of us, that final whistle could not come soon enough !!!!

I have never personally seen scenes like it - it was incredible to feel part of it and the support was amazing. To Eric Whalley, John Coleman, and all the staff and players - my heartiest congratulations !!!! What a wonderful club and what a wonderful set of supporters !!! As for the Ultras, which team anywhere could have better support ? Your efforts throughout the season were amazing guys - and that lifted the club to the result they deserved !!! Fantastic effort all round !!!!

There are not always many magic moments in life - but today was most definitely one of them - and as a new Stanley supporter, I am floating on Cloud Nine !

I am only sorry I cannot be there for the remaining games, but I will be there in spirit and hopefully, the lads can relax, enjoy their football and not worry too much about the end result (though if they can win all three remaining games and really rub it in, it would be nice !!!! ).

I wish all of you a safe journey back home and let the party start !!!!!!

Stanley till I die ? YOU BET !!!

:engsmil: LEAGUE DIV TWO !!!! LOOK OUT - STANLEY ARE BACK !!!! :engsmil:

CONFERENCE LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2005/2006
Urban Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2006, 18:52   #18
Senior Member+

Brilliant news!!

Well done Stanley.

June xx (in sunny Cornwall)
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2006, 18:58   #19
God Member

Well done Stanley.
We're back where we belong.
Commiserations to all Canvey Island Fans. Does their resignation from the conference mean that only the bottom club goes down or that three clubs will be promoted?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2006, 19:09   #20
Junior Member+

Yes, well done Stanley - & isnt it just great for Eric that all his hard work & belief has come good.Thanks & well done Eric & well done to the players & management team!! Let's roll out the 'red' carpet on Monday for them all!!!
tommybrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2006, 19:20   #21

!!! keep on going !!!
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2006, 19:21   #22

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooyessssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2006, 19:26   #23

What happened today? This is history in the making. We must all be there on Monday and thank everyone for a fantastic season and what a final result. I think Coley is now sure that teaching is not for him and he might give this football thing another season!!
fettler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2006, 19:34   #24

That was a damn fine day, and a damn fine match. The sheer atmosphere of joy and elation on the pitch at the end was something to behold.

As Lou Reed once sang; such a perfect day... !

Ash

http://www.unlimitedricepudding.com/
Fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2006, 19:53   #25

Proud. Big thanks to all the lads, management team, chairman and all the fans who were lucky enough to go down to woking today and who have followed the team at virtually every away game.... Its a historic day, its what football is all about, never mind premiership and the rest of it, this is real football....thanks to all those other fans of other clubs who are congratulating us...
RossendaleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2006, 21:01   #26
Senior Member+

What am I like ? 54 years old, first game for 30 years and pointing at the Woking fans and going "You're not singing more" ? And (slowly and decorously of course with Missus by my side) invading a pitch for the first time since we won Lancs Comb Div 2 in 1964. Seen the Ultras in action and now understand more of what I've read on this website, but why do we need a roof when we've got that banner ? Half a dozen poles and it's sorted.

England need Rob Elliot for the penalty shoot-out against Germany in the semi-finals this summer. :engsmil:

Well done everyone - back where we belong. Now I guess I've got to go back where I belong for the first home game next season.

Play Up Stanley - Stanley Play Up
Chimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2006, 21:08   #27
Senior Member+

Very infectious, isn't it. The Ultras are something else.

Sadly for England, Rob is Irish.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2006, 02:56   #28

As pleased as I am for what the management team and the players have achieved over the last three seasons or so that I have been supporting the Stanley (as best I can for where I am, that is), I am even more excited for those of you who have been so faithful to the cause that is Accrington Stanley Football Club.

To the countless number of you who have fought through the darkest hours and the seemingly hopeless struggle to keep the faintest light of your dream flickering...I salute you. I cannot even begin to imagine what this day must mean to you but if you will allow it, I will share in your joy and be just a tad bit envious that I cannot be there with you in person. Celebrate a bit for me as well.
MichiganRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2006, 06:51   #29

Congratulations from a Stokie - good to have one of the origial 12 back with us
fornside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2006, 06:56   #30
Senior Member+

Ole Ole Ole Ole.Well done to all at the club.No more ' who are they'.Kids will be refusing their milk.As i watched the results on Sky coming in last night and realised Stanley had done it,there were tears in my eyes.Then i checked up on League 2 and was schocked to see that Barnet, ' last years winners are close to a relegation placing.Do hope that there is not a yo yo effect.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..