Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/)
-   -   Accrington Pipe Band (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/accrington-pipe-band-60764.html)

MargaretR 24-02-2012 15:48

Re: Accrington Pipe Band

2 Attachment(s)
Andrew Johnstone is a friend of my son. Although Andrew lives in Oakland now they still keep in touch.

This is his blog
Look what I just found! - Andrew's Blog
and the photos I copied from it - the blog names the people shown.

jaysay 24-02-2012 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve2qec (Post 972207)
My uncle is Glenn Leyland. He started as Tommy Brideoak's apprentice and bought the business from him in the 70's. He's now sold the business to the bloke that started as his apprentice.

Ya know Glen steve or should I say know of him, he's a bit younger than me about mid 40s or so I would think, where is he now? Am I right in thinking he married a lass called Jean?

steve2qec 24-02-2012 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 972474)
Ya know Glen steve or should I say know of him, he's a bit younger than me about mid 40s or so I would think, where is he now? Am I right in thinking he married a lass called Jean?

He'll be pleased you said that....he was 60 last year!!! Still livin' in Ossy but he's married to Jacqueline - although my dad, who's Glenns older brother, married a Jean (my mum)

cashman 24-02-2012 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve2qec (Post 972485)
He'll be pleased you said that....he was 60 last year!!! Still livin' in Ossy but he's married to Jacqueline - although my dad, who's Glenns older brother, married a Jean (my mum)

Take no notice of owt jaysay says steve..............Its the drugs.:hehetable

jaysay 24-02-2012 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve2qec (Post 972485)
He'll be pleased you said that....he was 60 last year!!! Still livin' in Ossy but he's married to Jacqueline - although my dad, who's Glens older brother, married a Jean (my mum)

Good grief doesn't time fly:D I could always make friends easily:D ya Jean Baron was in my class at school sometimes see here coming to her aunties on mallard, but I think I've mentioned this before haven't I, its those little grey sells ya know steve:D

jaysay 24-02-2012 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 972487)
Take no notice of owt jaysay says steve..............Its the drugs.:hehetable

Sod of its the little grey sells http://cdn.content.sweetim.com/sim/c...s/00020507.gif

Retlaw 24-02-2012 18:38

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 972447)
Andrew Johnstone is a friend of my son. Although Andrew lives in Oakland now they still keep in touch.

This is his blog
Look what I just found! - Andrew's Blog
and the photos I copied from it - the blog names the people shown.

Bernard Johnstone at the front left, Roger Colbridge on the right, and young Andrew behind his father, incidentaly Andrews sporan was made by me, Bernard put the tassles on. Bernard also made Andrews uniform.
Bernard turned up one day with two old german silver trays, and his own sporan & said can you make the metal work out of these, took me best part of two days.
Retlaw.

MargaretR 24-02-2012 19:09

Andrew has his pipes in USA and entertains his friends with them - they love it.

He is one of the main organisers of the Burningman art festival (hence he is 'Burningman' here). He earns his living painting murals, is very talented, and I am proud that he counts me as a friend.

steve2qec 24-02-2012 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 972493)
Good grief doesn't time fly:D I could always make friends easily:D ya Jean Baron was in my class at school sometimes see here coming to her aunties on mallard, but I think I've mentioned this before haven't I, its those little grey sells ya know steve:D

Yep, that's her! I'll mention you when I see her this weekend...

'erindoors 24-02-2012 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 971903)
Knew Bernard & Andrew Johnstone,
John Tinnion, and the Pipe Major Roger Coldridge.
worked with Bernard for over 20 years,
Andrew now lives in America

Retlaw

I certainly remember John Tinnion and his lovely wife. Wish I could remember names to faces..... I do however remember Eric Fletcher and both his sons Terry & Jason. There was also a piper called Eddie, he was Irish, can't for the life in me remember his surname. His son Phil played the side drum for a while too!
Wasn't Roger Coldridge the Drum major for a long time, before Harry Pilkington? Then there was Jimmy Crabtree and his son Steven who's Sadly passed away now, poor lad!
Can't remember anymore :rolleyes: Sure did love it though.

xx

Wynonie Harris 24-02-2012 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiperAdrian (Post 972440)
Allan Edwards is 3rd from right on back row and son Roger is sat on the floor on the left.

Adrian, I would doubt that the picture was taken in 1957. Roger Edwards was a big mate of mine back in the 60's and he's the same age as me. In fact, his mum and my mum were in Rough Lee at the same time in March, 1951. That would make him 6 in 1957 and although he was a big lad, he wasn't that big!

PiperAdrian 25-02-2012 02:42

I don't have access to facebook as i'm not a member myself. sorry!

Wynonie Harris 25-02-2012 09:28

Not really sure what Facebook's got to do with it, but I would date that photo around 1963.

'erindoors 25-02-2012 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiperAdrian (Post 972579)
I don't have access to facebook as i'm not a member myself. sorry!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 972625)
Not really sure what Facebook's got to do with it, but I would date that photo around 1963.

I posted a link to some pictures ;)

Wynonie Harris 25-02-2012 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'erindoors (Post 972750)
I posted a link to some pictures ;)

Ah, I see now, apologies Mrs Erindoors! ;)