Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/)
-   -   Animal pictures? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/animal-pictures-62345.html)

kestrelx 18-10-2012 20:43

Re: Animal pictures?

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 (Post 1023002)
Lol I began this thread to see nice pictures of animals and pets, not pictures of dead ones that are such because we drive cars!

Actually only the fox was hit by a car. The bird I think was the victim of a fox!

Sunflower49 19-10-2012 03:43

Okay, try not pictures of animals that are not alive at the time of the picture being taken (am fine with pictures of people's late pets and such).

Sunflower49 19-10-2012 14:54

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/m...52562062-n.jpg
Katy and I. Katy's a giant French Lop.

maxthecollie 19-10-2012 17:48

1 Attachment(s)
Just one of Max
Attachment 26275

kestrelx 22-10-2012 18:05

2 Attachment(s)
A deer I captured a few moons ago...;)

maxthecollie 22-10-2012 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1023936)
A deer I captured a few moons ago...;)

Nice ones . Where was that? Every time I take my camera up the track past our house the deer never make an appearance.

kestrelx 22-10-2012 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1023978)
Nice ones . Where was that? Every time I take my camera up the track past our house the deer never make an appearance.

Down in Richmond Park. They are not totally wild but roam freely round and you often come across them then they run away.

Where abouts are the deer where you are? They'll be much harder to photograph if they are totally wild.;)

maxthecollie 23-10-2012 07:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1024001)
Down in Richmond Park. They are not totally wild but roam freely round and you often come across them then they run away.

Where abouts are the deer where you are? They'll be much harder to photograph if they are totally wild.;)

If they are around we usually see the going from our house up the track (which is still Sandy Lane) going towards Higher Brox Farm).We have never seen more than three together. The only shots I have mamaged to get so far is of a white backside as they disappear

DaveinGermany 23-10-2012 09:10

4 Attachment(s)
Here you go, admittedly they were taken a few years ago while visiting Islay, we did the trip across the sounds of Islay to Jura & driving along the "Main" (only) road on Jura, there were Red Deer in abundance.

maxthecollie 23-10-2012 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1024031)
Here you go, admittedly they were taken a few years ago while visiting Islay, we did the trip across the sounds of Islay to Jura & driving along the "Main" (only) road on Jura, there were Red Deer in abundance.

Nice ones Dave, they didn't seem to bother about your car, especially the three together.

DaveinGermany 23-10-2012 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1024034)
Nice ones Dave, they didn't seem to bother about your car, especially the three together.

Absolutely not in the least, :) they're used to daft tourists taking pics, as to the last one, I even got out of the car to take the shot & the beast just ignored me. Think the only time they're really skittish is when it's cull time or they've got young present.

kestrelx 23-10-2012 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1024016)
If they are around we usually see the going from our house up the track (which is still Sandy Lane) going towards Higher Brox Farm).We have never seen more than three together. The only shots I have mamaged to get so far is of a white backside as they disappear

Is there a deer farm around? There are a lot of roads round there and that by-pass which cuts right across? Not sure if there would be many wild deer round there possibly escaped as I never saw deer in the area.

I found this thread posted by someone else who sighted one in Preistly Clough.
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ugh-47644.html

maxthecollie 23-10-2012 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1024056)
Is there a deer farm around? There are a lot of roads round there and that by-pass which cuts right across? Not sure if there would be many wild deer round there possibly escaped as I never saw deer in the area.

I found this thread posted by someone else who sighted one in Preistly Clough.
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ugh-47644.html

There used to be a deer farm near to Baxenden Golf Course, but the deer were seen before that started.The deer farm seems to be closed now

kestrelx 23-10-2012 12:43

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1024058)
There used to be a deer farm near to Baxenden Golf Course, but the deer were seen before that started.The deer farm seems to be closed now

Wildlife has changed in Accy since 70's when the nearest grey squirrels were round Simonstone and always high up in the trees, now they are on the coppice. So probably wild roe deer have ventured to the area.

DaveinGermany 23-10-2012 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1024071)
Wildlife has changed in Accy since 70's when the nearest grey squirrels were round Simonstone and always high up in the trees, now they are on the coppice. So probably wild roe deer have ventured to the area.

The pictures good but you're mixing your Deer up me old dear ! :D

Think you'll find the beast shown is a Fallow Deer