Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos > User Photos
Donate! Join Today

User Photos Got any interesting pictures? If you want to share them with us then post them here. Holidays, friends, whatever...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2004, 22:34   #1
Resident Waffler

What are the chances of doing this I wonder?

The ground was hard when we put the tent up. It had rained a lot and there is a lot of clay content in the soil. Even so it didn't seem any more difficult that usual to get the tent pegs into the ground.

When we came to pull the pegs out one refused to budge. It was only after we finally got it out that we could see why. A broken axel from an old child's toy must have been buried in the ground.

As you can see the tent peg went through the wheel. That was surprising enough but when we turned it over we could see that the triangular shaped peg fitted exactly into the triangular division of the plastic wheel. What do you suppose the odds are of hitting it exactly in that spot? Bearing in mind the whole thing was buried underground and couldn't be seen at all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg peg1.JPG (14.0 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg peg2.JPG (14.0 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg peg3.JPG (12.3 KB, 84 views)

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-07-2004, 22:43   #2
Accrington Web Mascot

Re: What are the chances of doing this I wonder?

That's quite freaky!!! Even if you were trying - you'd never manage to get it right!
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 06:03   #3

One.....Hundred.....and......Eighty
.....Bring back Bullseye, eh?

A few years ago I thought I would landscape an area, puts some rocks in and make something of a feature at the end of the garden.

Dug up, a mattress plus springs, corrugated iron, medical arm band, several bones (pets I hope), a ring with locking hearts, pots and pans, and loads of other stuff. It just kept coming out of the ground. Clearly the remains of an Anderson shelter from the war.

It's amazing that all that stuff was just beneath the surface, and someone just put soil over the top of it all.

What have you dug up that's interesting ?
Old 03-07-2004, 14:54   #4
Resting in Peace

While digging in the garden in Preston we found a flintlock pistol from the civil war
from the Battle of Preston crommwell and his merry men
also there is a Public house not to far away called the Bridge inn
while they were having some work done on the place they removed the old fire place and found maps of the area showing all the gun inplacements from the civil war
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 15:52   #5

thats kinda scary u no

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..