Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-09-2012, 09:19   #76
Resting in Peace

Re: He's Jordan Rhodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
It certainly does Jay. How a club can expect to suddenly change their fortunes by changing the manager - especially mid transfer windows, is cloud cuckoo land. Liverpool, for example, are doing worse with Rodgers than with KK, and they are not the only ones.
So you recon that Rovers would be better keeping hold of Keanokio, If Rovers had taken the same decision that Sunderland made after about 12 games into last season, I honestly believe Rovers would have retain Premier League status, Kean is the most inept manager I've every witnessed, he's not even one dimension he's no plan "B" or for that matter no plan "A" either, they my have had an half decent start to the season on paper but in reality it was only a matter of time before the luck ran out, which it did last Friday, big time, a totally abysmal performance.
Old 26-09-2012, 09:28   #77
I am Banned

as a footy fan who supports asfc and the clarets,i am going to stick my four,pennorth in,The manager picks the side its when the team get over that white line that he has no control,many managers have fallen at this hurdle,you cant tell a player how to play once he gets on that field,and in Keans position its what is known as a no win situation,hell brfc have been beaten only once in 7 games,and for 2 weeks where at the top of the championship,they lose one game and all hell breaks loose,i wish that asfc and the clarets were unbeaten in 6 out of 7 games so far,give the bloke a break he may be a crap manager who knows ****** all about tactics,but at the end of the day if the owners have not got the guts to sack him then its not his fault.
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 09:40   #78
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan 7554 View Post
as a footy fan who supports asfc and the clarets,i am going to stick my four,pennorth in,The manager picks the side its when the team get over that white line that he has no control,many managers have fallen at this hurdle,you cant tell a player how to play once he gets on that field,and in Keans position its what is known as a no win situation,hell brfc have been beaten only once in 7 games,and for 2 weeks where at the top of the championship,they lose one game and all hell breaks loose,i wish that asfc and the clarets were unbeaten in 6 out of 7 games so far,give the bloke a break he may be a crap manager who knows ****** all about tactics,but at the end of the day if the owners have not got the guts to sack him then its not his fault.
Ya shows what you know about football, you think Alex Ferguson just picks the team at United, then sits back and doesn't, doesn't change systems uses his subs correctly, you think he's taken united to so many titles in 20 odd years by just sending a team out the going for a brew, get real
Old 26-09-2012, 09:52   #79
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Or better still John Bond.

I think that one is out of the question now.
Old 26-09-2012, 09:57   #80
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I think that one is out of the question now.
And there was me thinking you loved the Maestro
Old 26-09-2012, 10:09   #81
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
And there was me thinking you loved the Maestro
Nah he croaked this morning.
Old 26-09-2012, 10:17   #82
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Nah he croaked this morning.
Oh I see, there'll be lots of tears down the turf this weekend, wonder if they'll hold a minutes silence as a mark of respect
Old 26-09-2012, 16:22   #83
Senior Member+

As I have said before Jay, sacking Kean means a big payout by VFC, didn't he get a 5 year contract not too long ago? If he walks then he gets nothing. As his chance of getting another club, especially in the higher leagues, is only a remote possibility he will no doubt wait to be sacked and be financially comfortable for the rest of his life.
Old 26-09-2012, 17:08   #84
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
As I have said before Jay, sacking Kean means a big payout by VFC, didn't he get a 5 year contract not too long ago? If he walks then he gets nothing. As his chance of getting another club, especially in the higher leagues, is only a remote possibility he will no doubt wait to be sacked and be financially comfortable for the rest of his life.
Wasn't a 5 year contract, 3 at most and he's now into his 2 year, but that's short sighted, he's already took Rovers to relegation, and lost 10,000 from gates, its that silly flaming woman who keeps sticking her oar in, the brothers have wanted shut for over 12 months, its stupidity personified
Old 26-09-2012, 19:28   #85

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

8 months left on his contract I believe..

A supporters website has upped the anti and are paying for a backpage banner advert along the lines of 'Let empty seats do the talking' in the LT in the week leading up to the next home game vs Wolves. Since its already booked and deposit paid, they even have plans for a choice farewell banner in case he gets the boot beforehand.
Old 26-09-2012, 23:38   #86
Senior Member+

Quote:
Wasn't a 5 year contract, 3 at most and he's now into his 2 year, but that's short sighted, he's already took Rovers to relegation, and lost 10,000 from gates, its that silly flaming woman who keeps sticking her oar in, the brothers have wanted shut for over 12 months, its stupidity personified
I thought I read he got a contract extension last season
Old 27-09-2012, 08:04   #87
I am Banned

as i said before jaysay,and yes i know a lot about football as i am a registerd class 1 referee and also a qualified F A coach and qualified sports coach,you cant tell a player how to play when he is on that field as coaching from the touchline is forbidden under F A law,You can swop tactics at half time of when there is a break in the game,but as i have seen Mr kean seems so inept at doing thsi,the fault lies with the venkys,they have not as yet got the bottle to sack him,so he just goes on his merry way
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2012, 08:09   #88

Quote:
You haven't lost 10,000 from your gates because of the protests. You've lost 3/4,000 visiting fans because you're not in the prem and probably as many again because that's what happens to most clubs when relegated. I reckon that the most the protests have cost is about 2,000 tops.
Old 27-09-2012, 08:34   #89
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

If its 2000 its still a lot fer a smaller club, The real problem is the longer they stay away,The harder to get em back! So the longer these clowns hold on to Kean, The harder it will be. So there Stupid as well as Useless!
Old 27-09-2012, 08:49   #90
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseboy View Post
You haven't lost 10,000 from your gates because of the protests. You've lost 3/4,000 visiting fans because you're not in the prem and probably as many again because that's what happens to most clubs when relegated. I reckon that the most the protests have cost is about 2,000 tops.
Your talking twaddle as usual, season ticket sales last season were 15,000 this season its just over 5,000 looks like you have trouble with sums as well as other things

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..