Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2005, 08:11   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Is your computer haunted?

I have tried using the mice with the ball, and they always, without exception, stop working properly after a few weeks - I open up the mouse and there is all sorts of stuff stuck to the rollers.

It's optical all the way for me, and if its wireless, then even better!

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-10-2005, 08:30   #32
Resident Waffler

I've had the wandering cursor thing like A-b where the mouse stays put but the cursor shoots (or ambles depending on how energetic it's feeling) across the screen from right to left, or from bottom to top. It has even happened at times when I've been holding the mouse so I know that isn't moving yet off goes the cursor on a journey of its own.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 17:16   #33
land of hope and glory

tea-leaf when someone spills copious amounts of beer on the table i have seen glasses slide around and ashtrays ! ask less he has performed this trick on numerous occasions.... ....was just wondering if you have knocked over a bottle of the old claret stuff?
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 17:32   #34
God Member

Prefer the ghost theory to a booze covered table either that or some very big and full wagons passing. Maybe someone or something was making ther earth move.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 20:45   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorlon24
It's optical all the way for me

I'm having a blonde moment ...... what's an optical mouse please ........ is it one that I was describing as a laser mouse, one with the red light underneath?
Old 12-10-2005, 21:45   #36
God Member

You are going to have to have fewer of these "blonde moments" they are going to ruin your reputation.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 12-10-2005, 23:33   #37
God Member

i had the cursors and mouse moving and i had an optical mouse. Doesnt do it now though because i found out when i asked someone. Turned out that it was to do with the mouse mat i was using and as soon as i stopped using the mouse mat it stopped. The mouse mat was patterned and that was why it was going crazy.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2005, 17:46   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
You are going to have to have fewer of these "blonde moments" they are going to ruin your reputation.

I have a reputation!! Now that is worrying pmsl!

What's an optical mouse? I will not rest til I know!

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 13-10-2005 at 17:47.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2005, 17:57   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
I have a reputation!! Now that is worrying pmsl!

What's an optical mouse? I will not rest til I know!
it is the laser mouse as you mentioned earlier as for your reputation tinks, less said about that the better me thinks!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2005, 18:01   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
it is the laser mouse as you mentioned earlier as for your reputation tinks, less said about that the better me thinks!!!

Thanks red at least I know now and as for my rep fff ....anks red pmsl!!
Old 13-10-2005, 18:04   #41
God Member

Stop putting blond moment posts out and your reputation will be lilly white......

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 13-10-2005, 18:26   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Stop putting blond moment posts out and your reputation will be lilly white......
OY lol! It's just that computers aren't my forte ........ even I can't be good at EVERYTHING ya know

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 13-10-2005 at 18:27.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2005, 19:56   #43
God Member

You will just jhave to train the computer to behave then.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..