Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-10-2005, 17:39   #16
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: Time

Hehehe, I wish they would Chav, but because the clocks go back in the middle of the night the long night belongs to the night shift. We do get paid for the extra hour now, we never used to. Once upon a time if you worked the long night, you had to work the short night to make up for it because they wouldn't pay you. It was impossible to do that because we are all rotational and you couldn't guarantee being on nights for the short one.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-10-2005, 17:40   #17
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
Unfortunately I will have an extra hour at work... I am working tonight and never realised it was the long night when the rota was done. I'll have to have my wits about me next year and request it off....
God I use to hate the night shift a Rossall when the clocks went back……….long nights.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2005, 20:48   #18
God Member

My only consolation is that I have an extra hour in bed before having to go to work tomorow. To chavs point we should get that extra hour the people in charge just use it to torture us.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2005, 20:24   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Light weight. I bet you'll be tucked up in bed by the time the clocks change at one am.
I thought the clocks actually changed at 2am...

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2005, 20:41   #20
God Member

I know someone who didnt and he turned up for work to find the place empty so we reckon he wont be in for a few days in order to aviod the pelters and recover from the embarressment

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..