Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2003, 13:40   #1
Resting in Peace

Post SHOULD THE COUNCIL BE SO TOUGH

Should the council be so tough on people that leave rubbish bags out ???
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-10-2003, 13:57   #2
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Post Re: SHOULD THE COUNCIL BE SO TOUGH

I know they have been tough with some people, but to be honest, they have done nothing where I live, and the same people are putting out rubbish days in advance of the collection, and the area looks like a grotspot, despite our residents association putting notices through everybody's doors telling them about when local collections are

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 14:00   #3
Resting in Peace

why dont you let them know ???
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 14:10   #4
God Member

Yep. Forget the fines, bring back the treadmill. Anyone dumping bags = identify, try & punish. 1 black bin liner left on the streets = 12 hours on the treadmill. Feed the electricity back into the national grid, so it's enviromentally friendly.

They won't leave their bins outside again...
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 14:16   #5
Filthy / Gorgeous

;D  Some of my neighbours are retired council employees and they are very good at going to peoples houses and giving them their rubbish bags back (it's quite funny to see) Our back street is not the problem, it's the ones further up the road, might have a bash at ringing the council next time I see rubbish out.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
Old 09-10-2003, 14:25   #6
God Member

The other alternative is that you just unloosen the bag, grab it round the opening, swing it round your head twice and fling it over your nasty neighbour's backyard wall......
Old 09-10-2003, 14:32   #7
Jo

Or post the contents through their letterbox  [smiley=evil.gif]
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 14:43   #8
God Member

...But you might get your fingers dirty..
Old 09-10-2003, 23:31   #9

i agree that yes council should be tough on litter but i tried to put me rubbich out the morning before collection day before i went to work. (i would have been putting it out in a dark alley at midnight otherwise ) I was told off by a neighbour they told me if i could not put me rubbich out on the day of the collection to leave it till the week after. which seems very unhygienic to me.  ???
malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 12:24   #10

they  put a bag out the other day wasnt taken and in the contents was   dirty needles  i phoned the counc they just came took the needles not the rubbish bag
happyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 12:28   #11
God Member

The entire system is crazy......it does not take into account those people who, by virtue of their job, are away on pick up day.....there is a limit to the extent you can store household waste....I suppose in a few months time we'll be looking at a cockroach pandemic throughout Accy...
Old 10-10-2003, 12:32   #12

or rats back  
happyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 12:37   #13
God Member

Yeah...Rats, Pigeons, Mice, Roaches....in fact, did'nt we have a Rats site here a week or so ago...I wonder if there is any connection between the plague of rats and this tinpot policy..
Old 18-10-2003, 23:59   #14
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

If you do get caught putting your binbags out early just pretend you don't understand English it works wonders with our magistrates.  ??? ??? ???

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2003, 07:42   #15
Filthy / Gorgeous

I read about that too, and think it's quite disgusting. Everybody should be treated equally, and ignorance of the law is no defence or so they used to say. Evidently not, in this case. :

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..