Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2003, 19:28   #1
Accrington Web Mascot

Post I've Won the Lottery

Hi everyone!  Haven't really won the lottery - but what would you spend your millions on if you did??? [smiley=yelrotflmao.gif]
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-09-2003, 19:32   #2
I am Banned

Post Re: I've Won the Lottery

I would give it away. Worst thing that could happen. You probably wont understand.. But win the lottery..equals GAME OVER

HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 19:51   #3
Accrington Web Mascot

Would you not keep some of it - just to have security???
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 19:57   #4
I am Banned

Well yeagh Spread it around the family.. make sure theres some for backup.. But millions and millions in the bank... not a good idea.
Old 10-09-2003, 20:22   #5
Accy Goddess

I would be happy if I could just win enough to see my family right and fulfill my dream. Then just enough to get by.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 20:27   #6
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I've only ever won a tenner, so I kept it. Not much to spread around the family really. Don't fancy the idea of winning millions. Think it would probably spoil my life, friendships etc. ;D

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 21:06   #7
Senior Member+

We won summat 6 years ago.We were back visiting as the youngest had just been born.She was 2 months old.Had 5 correct and won 1700 quid.Was only one of the bonus ball.That would have been 132.000 pounds.But hey what you have never had you never miss.
Old 11-09-2003, 07:17   #8

I won the lottery last night, just about to start to plan my future with my winnings. What could I possibly buy for £40. Not bad for two numbers on that hot pick thingy
Old 11-09-2003, 07:43   #9
Senior Member+

I would hate to win the jackpot, if you started buying house, car, holidays some people would only call you for showing off. It would make me paranoid i would be unhappy with a lot of money but there again i could allways move away. [smiley=idea.gif]
Old 11-09-2003, 08:09   #10
Resting in Peace

I could not win it if i was the only one in it  :'(
:'(
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 11:28   #11
adi

id love to win the lottery.

just knowing that your financially sound for life without worries must be fantastic and being able to help family and friends must surely be rewarding.

the first thing id do is take a holiday for three weeks to get my head round the idea.

then id seek some land so I could build my football club a pitch and its own Club House - Heaven
adi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 11:31   #12

can i be you assistant adi?  ;D

mmm travel  nice, a football club what you call it?
tracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 11:33   #13
I am Banned

Quote:
just knowing that your financially sound for life without worries must be fantastic
So a year later or however long it takes... You have been on all the holidays. You have bought everything you can think of.. you dont have a worry in the world.

What ya gonna do with yerself.. wheres the life targets.  your not going to go to work. what are you going to do?  You ahve been everywhere, Done everyhting and have no incentive to do anything...

GAME OVER

Old 11-09-2003, 15:08   #14
adi

that's a very narrow minded view on things HarryX.

i'd definately work - not every millionaire in the world doesnt work!!

I know for a fact that id invest in a least half a dozen different ventures in which I would definately keep my nose in.

I might not work 5 days a week or start at 9.00am but I would be working - the difference being that id be working in something that I enjoy.

And you could definately be my assistant Tracey - you can check my emails on your lap top at the beech bar!!!!
adi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 15:22   #15
I am Banned

If you where financialy secure as you seuggested. You wouldnt have the incentive to work.

Millionaires that work are the ones who made there millions.. they cant stop..

normal people who spend there life trying to make ends meet and going to work when they would rather not.. suddenly have no need to go to work.. then they wont.. believe me you wouldnt... what would be your icentive to go to work?  if its to make more money then what for if your already financialy secure..

BTW its a point of view .. please dont call me narrow minded

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..