Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2006, 14:50   #31
I am Banned

Re: Doctors appointments

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
Might be getting somewhere SPent the morning again listening to engaged tones just got thro & spoke to the receptionist who was helpful enough to look at my childs records & said she will have a word with the Dr for a referral as it states he needs a referral back if in pain & will ring me back to let me know if he can do it without being seen.
FFS!!! well godknows whether the referral letter is going to be done or not - the receptionist said as soon as she spoke to the Dr she would ring to confirm it or leave message, well i've heard nothing so just tried the surgery & its CLOSED!! already so will have to go thro the rigmaroll again now tommoz - im flipping now mega pi$sed off!!!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-11-2006, 14:54   #32
I am Banned

If the referral hasn't been done then im going to have to change doctors cos im sick of this!!

So anymore recommendations? Dr Dixons surgury & one on Abbey st/warner st are ones so far?
Old 15-11-2006, 15:04   #33
God Member

Quote:
If the referral hasn't been done then im going to have to change doctors cos im sick of this!!

So anymore recommendations? Dr Dixons surgury & one on Abbey st/warner st are ones so far?
Well I can't say anything about the other doctors because I don't know them.. But you said you wanted easy access.....and the nearest one is Dr.Dixons, and being a patient for 9 years I can say I trust them and their opinion on things and I think they are cracking doctors.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 15:14   #34
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
Well I can't say anything about the other doctors because I don't know them.. But you said you wanted easy access.....and the nearest one is Dr.Dixons, and being a patient for 9 years I can say I trust them and their opinion on things and I think they are cracking doctors.
Yeh thats true, are they taking new patients on & silly Q coming up how do i go about it
Old 15-11-2006, 15:19   #35
God Member

Quote:
Yeh thats true, are they taking new patients on & silly Q coming up how do i go about it
well my mum got me on with them......not sure if they are taking new.

If you just pop in and ask the receptionist for the forms for new patients, she will be able to tell you.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 22:03   #36
Accy Goddess

I don't work at the home Dr Dixon owns. He's just the GP of some of our clients.
He's one of the best and I wouldn't change him if they paid me to do so. He puts you totally at ease and gets things done.
They are all good at Myrtle House, always ready to help.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 18:53   #37

Quote:
My family also go to Drs Dixon and Manuel, wouldn't change them for the world. Excellent nurses and receptionists, and they will always try and fit you in on the same day.

Just managed to change my Dad to the above Doctors from Dr Gupta, wouldn't touch him with a barge pole but that's another story. There is about a six week waiting list accymel, you can either ring up or pop in to put your name on the list. When you do get to the top they contact you, then you get the forms to fill in.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 18:56   #38
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara
My family also go to Drs Dixon and Manuel, wouldn't change them for the world. Excellent nurses and receptionists, and they will always try and fit you in on the same day.

Just managed to change my Dad to the above Doctors from Dr Gupta, wouldn't touch him with a barge pole but that's another story. There is about a six week waiting list accymel, you can either ring up or pop in to put your name on the list. When you do get to the top they contact you, then you get the forms to fill in.
Cheers Sara have u got their number handy?
Old 16-11-2006, 20:30   #39

Quote:
Cheers Sara have u got their number handy?
01254 233651

Hope you manage to get on, it is a great surgery.

Old 16-11-2006, 21:40   #40
Apprentice Geriatric

Question Re: Doctors appointments

Sarah – is the Dr Gupta you mentioned Dr AK Gupta? A short, thin Indian (probably) man around the age of 50 or so. His car has a personalised number plate that can be read as Gupta with a little bit of imagination.

If it is then he also has a practice in Darwen.
Old 19-11-2006, 14:50   #41

Sorry don't know what he looks like, but his surgery is on King Street in Accrington.

Old 19-11-2006, 16:42   #42
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
01254 233651

Cheers Sara will do
Old 20-11-2006, 12:46   #43
I am Banned

Is anyone here under Dr karims, richmond medical centre????

If so are u having the same probs as me??
Old 20-11-2006, 12:59   #44
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
01254 233651

It must be good they are busy like hotcakes today - i'll keep trying to get through & cross fingers
Old 21-11-2006, 09:32   #45
Senior Member+

King Street Surgery brings back awfull memories for me ..... after an op that got badly infected a needed a doctor to prescribe antibiotics (its a long story which i wont go into but lets just say Dr Motapali / Kundu had struck me off, 100% not my fault).
I managed to hobble into the King Street Surgery, temperature sky high, sweating profusely. I was filling in the paperwork to join when Dr Gupta walked out of his room, he took one look at me and called me over to him. He then said "Can you please leave the premises before i ring the police, we do not tolerate drug abusers here" . I hobbled out in tears. Later on that day when the district nurse came to change my dressings i told her what had happened, she went ballistic.
So through my dealings with some local doctors i now have a phobia against them.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..