Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2006, 16:37   #1
Junior Member+

Christmas !!!!!!!

Hi , this is my first real thread i am excited lol ,
what do you all want for christmas and when do you put up your chrismas tree ?
I love christmas shopping and i have bought some girft already how about you .
xx-kezia-xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-11-2006, 16:38   #2
God Member

Re: Christmas !!!!!!!

What do I want for Christmas? I'll have a new guitar, thanks
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 16:41   #3
Give, give, give member

A cocktail shaker.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 16:43   #4
Senior Member+

I really don't like Christmas. It has become a huge commercial event & causes so many people unnecessary hardship & despair. My sister has 3 daughters (8, 13 & 15 years old), all of which want the best / latest things, she does her best to get them for them, but it's not always possible. She also starts her Christmas shopping for the following year on Jan 1st in the sales.

I never put any decorations up, & usually buy my presents for people a couple of day before Christmas.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.

Last edited by AccyJay; 16-11-2006 at 16:45.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 16:45   #5
God Member

Usually put tree up 2 weekends before Christmas. Hate Christmas shopping and I would like to win the Lottery for my present please
Old 16-11-2006, 16:57   #6
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyJay
I really don't like Christmas. It has become a huge commercial event & causes so many people unnecessary hardship & despair. My sister has 3 daughters (8, 13 & 15 years old), all of which want the best / latest things, she does her best to get them for them, but it's not always possible. She also starts her Christmas shopping for the following year on Jan 1st in the sales.

I never put any decorations up, & usually buy my presents for people a couple of day before Christmas.

I agree. Christmas day is nice, especially if it snows like it did two years ago. It's great that people get to spend time with their families, as it's the only national holiday when people can all get together. All that is except for those people who have to work because they do vital jobs.

There is so much pressure to spend money though. It just seems really sad that year after year people get into debt. People should be able to celebrate, and enjoy themselves without needing to spend hundreds, and in some cases thousands of pounds. Christmas lasts at best a week, for some the debts will be there for months, or even years.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 17:22   #7
Member.

Two weeks before for the tree and a week after for it to come down. I'd really like a real one this year with a fairy stuck on top.....

Christmas expensive but for many people it’s often the only time they get to see family members gathered together, for others it the last one they will see. What I’m saying is no matter what you believe, you should make the effort to enjoy the season, and bring together those you love and care for. I’d give so much to spend another Christmas with all four of my grandparents and my father.

But please spare a little time for those who don’t have anyone or nothing to look forward too. It could well be us one day. Marry Christmas.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 17:31   #8
I am Banned

My dec's go up usually 1st of dec depending on mood & how much pressure i can stand from the kids to do it & then rush like a mad dog for pressies & they get what my limit is, usually get a loan but this year im gonna try to manage
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 17:41   #9
white rabbits

The most sickening thing is a few days after xmas everything is half price,,,,
Old 16-11-2006, 18:36   #10
Always EVIL within us

Congrats kezia on your first post, what a good topic! I am glad that you have asked me what I want for Christmas, can I have a new car please? If not, a few hundred quid in my account would do nicely
Old 16-11-2006, 19:09   #11
Senior Member+

We usually put the tree up at the beginning of December, but it will be a bit later this year as we have just had some work done and have to decorate first as i want it all done for christmas.

buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 19:24   #12
God Member

Decorations and tree up a couple of days before. As for shopping I will get the small easy bits over the next few weeks and the big expensive stuff in the January. Then all I say is that I am folowing the Russian Orthodox Churches Christmas which means to crimbo's a year and a few quid saved.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 19:32   #13
Senior Member+

Almost finnished now on the lads pressies.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 20:11   #14
Accy Goddess

My tree is usually put up around the 1st week in December. Our Christmas day is Christmas eve when the family come over.
Usually working Christmas day but have it off this year.
For Christmas I just want to see the smiles on the Children's faces when they open their prezzies.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 20:15   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNE
For Christmas I just want to see the smiles on the Children's faces when they open their prezzies.
Thats the best present any parent/grandparent could ask for.

buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..