Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2004, 19:16   #151
God Member

Re: Campaign To Keep The Arndale Clock

As for copyright.. well thats a difficult subject.. if you havent stated its your picture and you took it then they could presume its in the public domain... after all you ahve given them permission to download it onto there computer by having it on the web... if you dont want them to use it for anything other than displaying in a web page you made then I think your supposed to tell them.

See the copyright notice on the official accy website for an idea.. its on the bottom of every page.
Old 06-08-2004, 19:18   #152
Resident Waffler

No "fault" on your part Roy but just a pity that the Observer couldn't at least have named the website and given it credit for the source of the photo. If anyone used one of theirs without reference to source I think they'd probably be a bit miffed.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 19:18   #153
God Member

Well if that pic has appeared on this website then ya gave them permission.. I doubt willow is too worried about them using it.. only the cheek of not asking... but i could be wrong
Old 06-08-2004, 19:20   #154
Resident Waffler

see my previous post

Old 06-08-2004, 21:09   #155
Accrington Web Mascot

It was good to see an article on the front page inspired (wrote by?) AccyWeb - but I too was dissappointed that it didn't mention the website address.
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 09:25   #156
God Member

Hi y'all. Strewth, nothing happens for weeks and then you go away for a couple of days and you miss all the fun!

I read the article on the front page of the Observer with great relish this morning. But, as others have already pointed out there is no official statement from HBC. No change there then and no surprise either. Still, I think an huge vote of thanks is due to Kipax and Atarah and Roy for the input that got us this far. Onward and upwards chaps!

It does not surprise me either to discover that the estimable Mr Rix is the tardy council official with the snotty secretary who thinks that she is far too grand to concern herself with the hoi-polloi. Methinks it is high time we all got writing! Don't bother with emails, they will be ignored. Letters on paper are harder to disregard.

Has anyone taken the time to read the brief article in the Observer at the bottom of page 11 titled 'Golden Handshake Cap Plan Scrapped' ? I have, and now I know where most of the Council's money is going.

For those of you who do not have access to the Observer, I will post what it says in a new thread.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:38   #157

I've seen it AB. It would seem that HBC are too busy with the act of self-preservation than to bother with us plebs! I see Mr.Rix was involved in the decision making process so I wouldn't expect a reply in the next fortnight or so Kipax!
Old 04-05-2012, 21:13   #158
Senior Member+

This thread was started way back in 2004. Today, in the Observer, it gives the impression something MIGHT be done about the Andy Plant clock. It would be smashing to see the clock returned to its rightful place int he Arndale.
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 21:47   #159
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Would love to see it replaced, but set no store by owt in Observer, if they told me it was Saturday, i wouldn't take notice.
Old 04-05-2012, 22:54   #160

I think it might be a good idea to restore the clock, get rid of the Arndale centre and restore things to what they were before if that were possible.
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:10   #161
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Would love to see it replaced, but set no store by owt in Observer, if they told me it was Saturday, i wouldn't take notice.
Well it would probably be monday cashy
Old 05-05-2012, 16:01   #162
Resident Waffler

Years ago the Observer gave the impression that this website had been instrumental in winning a campaign to restore the Arndale clock - but nothing ever came of that so whatever is being said now I would take with a huge pinch of salt. We'd still need the Arndale centre Anne, to put the clock in because it isn't an outdoor clock.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..