Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-07-2008, 09:50   #16
God Member

Re: dad branded a pervert

I was taking pictures at a show near Scunthorpe the other week. Nobody seemed to bother me there despite me taking pictures of all the children playing on the bouncy castle.

Last edited by andrewb; 16-07-2008 at 09:53.
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-07-2008, 09:58   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
I was taking pictures at a show near Scunthorpe the other week. Nobody seemed to bother me there despite me taking pictures of all the children playing on the bouncy castle.
maybe its not as bad, end of the day yer only young n look it cyfr.
Old 16-07-2008, 10:39   #18
Resting in Peace

It's being discussed on radio 2 sometime after 12-00
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2008, 11:15   #19
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosh View Post
a dad was branded a pervert for taking photos of his own children on a slide in the park.but yet a press photographer can take photos of children and put them in the paper for every one to look at, what are your views on this.
stupid!!, thats what it is, the whole country has gone bloody daft!!

My son was in the newspaper for his school, did they ask permission off me to put it in?....no, but then again you do fill out a form at the begining of term mentioning giving permission for that sort of thing

Id be more concerned if they where playing in the park and some fella/woman was taking pictures who were not there with ANY kids
Old 16-07-2008, 11:56   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
This is exactly why when I saw a young lad fall off his bike and sit crying in a large puddle, I just walked on by.

Shame on you!!!! irrespective of the change in social attitudes I could never do that lets back to a sense of normallity and know what is right and what is wrong
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2008, 12:00   #21
God Member

It must have been obvious to a fool that this was a family day out, the bloke was doing nothing wrong!!
Old 16-07-2008, 13:23   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedman2003 View Post
Shame on you!!!! irrespective of the change in social attitudes I could never do that lets back to a sense of normallity and know what is right and what is wrong
you have never been in such a position as a male, so therefore ya aint a bloody clue what yer talking about.
Old 16-07-2008, 13:32   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedman2003 View Post
No shame at all. I'd do the same thing again. If a serious injury was resulting then of course I'd do something, but I'd never approach a child in the street nowadays. It just isn't worth it, and I work with young people on a daily basis.
Old 16-07-2008, 14:13   #24
white rabbits

30 odd years ago when my 3 sons were little,we took a photo of them and the 2 little girls who lived next door ,all having fun in just their under pants and knickers,innocently ,playing in an home made pool and a hose pipe on a hot summersday,My God we would be branded as perverts today..WHAT A SICK WORLD NOW
Old 16-07-2008, 14:19   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
30 odd years ago when my 3 sons were little,we took a photo of them and the 2 little girls who lived next door ,all having fun in just their under pants and knickers,innocently ,playing in an home made pool and a hose pipe on a hot summersday,My God we would be branded as perverts today..WHAT A SICK WORLD NOW
spot on granny, how the hell have we got to this position? its a deep question, one i reckon the folk with common sense will have some inkling, the do-gooders n P.C. brigade will be clueless.
Old 16-07-2008, 14:30   #26
God Member

Going a little overboard over there aren't we .... sure there are pervs out there, but the vast majority of men do not belong in that category .... but it does seem to be a common trend to condemn the whole group for the actions of a small minority ....
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2008, 14:32   #27

Its beyond the Joke!!! What is the world coming to where you cant take pics of your OWN kids.
"Daddy, take a pic of me standing next to goofy!"
"Sorry son, i might get called a perv or something"

Its a disgrace!

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination.

I sometimes lay down at night and stare at the stars and its then i realise.. SOMEONE'S STOLE MY ROOF!!!

I'm always amazed when I hear people saying; "That GORDON BROWN, he's a great leader". And I wonder, where can one find a drug that would make one so delusional?
danny27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2008, 14:42   #28

A little girl was lost and sobbing in Superdrug the other week. She had lost her mum and was only a toddler. Mum was just in the next aisle. I took the little girls hand and we headed off to find mum.

I know I was doing the right thing and had the right intentions. Must admit, it did cross my mind to keep my nose out.
Old 16-07-2008, 14:56   #29
God Member

It's seems like it is hard for a man to defend himself against allegations of perversion .... what does a guy do? Wear a t-shirt saying "I'm Not A Pervert." Or "I'm Not a Rascist," or anything like that ... When half of your country's population is placed on the defensive, because of the actions of a relatively small number of individuals something has gone wrong. And this at a time that kids in the developed countries have never had it so good .... they are not sent down the mines, or up flues any more .... they are not sold into slavery or brothels like they still are in some countries. I realize that there probably is a group who believe and act on the belief, that all men are potential perverts. The stupidity of it .... all men are potential cello players too.
Old 16-07-2008, 15:19   #30
God Member

I'm just wondering if perverts are born or do they become perverts due to certain influences in their early lives .... simply: are perverts born or made, or is it a little of both?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..