Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-07-2008, 15:22   #31

Re: dad branded a pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
would you do the same if it was a woman?
Anyone that gets close to my child, I watch, male or female.

When I say 'concerned' I dont mean I'd run up to them, brandishing a hand bag, screaming "getaway pervert". I mean I would watch them.
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-07-2008, 15:27   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
Anyone that gets close to my child, I watch, male or female.

When I say 'concerned' I dont mean I'd run up to them, brandishing a hand bag, screaming "getaway pervert". I mean I would watch them.
THATS why i'm banned from the park!!!!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2008, 15:27   #33
Resting In Peace

yes it is for i dont no how to post from google ok
tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2008, 15:34   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
This is just how bad this country is getting, George Orwells 1984 was a novel, now I'm not so sure that he couldn't see into the future
George Orwell and another George, George Carlin, both expressed concerns about language and what was and is happening to it. The essence of "1984" is Newspeak, which is an extreme form of politically correct language. And it is language that will change society. Language is more than just what we speak, it is what we live in; and it defines us as a culture and a society. It seems that in language, "man" or "men" is becoming a bad word. And it is no surprise that society's attitudes are affected by this distortion. It's a short, and not very logical trip, from calling that metal thing in the road a "person hole cover", or referring to "the person in the moon" to seeing all men as potential threats to the precious innocence of children.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2008, 16:38   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
George Orwell and another George, George Carlin, both expressed concerns about language and what was and is happening to it. The essence of "1984" is Newspeak, which is an extreme form of politically correct language. And it is language that will change society. Language is more than just what we speak, it is what we live in; and it defines us as a culture and a society. It seems that in language, "man" or "men" is becoming a bad word. And it is no surprise that society's attitudes are affected by this distortion. It's a short, and not very logical trip, from calling that metal thing in the road a "person hole cover", or referring to "the person in the moon" to seeing all men as potential threats to the precious innocence of children.
I think hat puts it in a nut shell Eric, the worlds become an intolerant place, where every one is guilty until proved innocent, I'm sure thats not the way it was suposed to be, but in a way we are to blame for letting it happen
Old 16-07-2008, 16:42   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
you have never been in such a position as a male, so therefore ya aint a bloody clue what yer talking about.

What do you mean I've never been in such a position? You mean I've never gone to help a child in difficulty, how do you know? It's time people started taking responsibility rather than saying not my problem

I'm well aware of the implications of child abuse both through my employment and also through 20 plus years of working with young people and despite all my knowledge and experience there is no way I could not provide some care for a child in danger. you can provide reassurance to a child with a kindly word there is no need for any physical contact but it seems some people would cross to the other side of the road.

Well done Bonnyboy for your actions obviously despite your reservations which I do understand you took the common sense approach
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2008, 01:46   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
You're right Ema, If I was in a park with the little one and saw a man taking photos, I would be wary.

I have been in this situation before and just watched that the man actually had children of their own there. Once I;ve made sure of this, then I would relax, but until then, I admit I would be concerned
Couldn't you just relax and assume he has kids of his own there, and then only get concerned if it becomes apparent that's not the case? In the example you quoted above, he's guilty until proven innocent...

It doesn't seem to occur to the PC brigade that we are damaging our children by leaping to the rescue whenever they interact with a man they don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
This is exactly why when I saw a young lad fall off his bike and sit crying in a large puddle, I just walked on by.
Oh dear. I don't think I'll be agreeing with this post any time soon...
Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2008, 01:53   #38
Loz

Well if every father taking pictures of his kids was branded a pervert you would never get loads of wonderful childhood memories captured for eternity.
I had loads of pics taken of me as a kid by my mum and dad,some in swimming cossies,in the bath,in paddling pools with other kids etc..
I guess if my dad was doing that today and i was still a kid he would have been branded a pervert.
What a sad depressing world we live in
Old 17-07-2008, 06:13   #39
God Member

Its got to the stage now where even if its ****ing/pouring down with rain I feel like have to drive by neighbourhood kids on their way walking to/from school, (the ones I know and have seen grow from babies up to their teens) , no way do I want the label of 'dirty old man' , have spoken to the parents and explained why , and they agree , society is way out of whack , but understand my actions .
Something is sadly wrong with society where we have gone from looking out for each other to being wary of a neighbour who you have known for 20 odd years .

Last edited by steeljack; 17-07-2008 at 06:15. Reason: asterisks added automaticaly , think it was a bad word
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2008, 06:41   #40
God Member

a man this week was attacked by four youths when he was trying to administer forst aid to a female , the man wa son the phone to 999 while he was treating the girl and the youths were screaming that he was a pervert while they were kicking him

will try and find a link

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by Mick; 17-07-2008 at 06:45.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2008, 09:39   #41
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Its got to the stage now where even if its ****ing/pouring down with rain I feel like have to drive by neighbourhood kids on their way walking to/from school, (the ones I know and have seen grow from babies up to their teens) , no way do I want the label of 'dirty old man' , have spoken to the parents and explained why , and they agree , society is way out of whack , but understand my actions .
Something is sadly wrong with society where we have gone from looking out for each other to being wary of a neighbour who you have known for 20 odd years .
It appears from what your saying steeljack that things are just the same accross the pond as they are over here, so its not just a British disease. I suppose there is the dogooding brigade in every country, the bleeding heart liberals are not just unique to our country
Old 17-07-2008, 13:41   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
Oh dear. I don't think I'll be agreeing with this post any time soon...
I'll try not to allow it to impact on my sleep patterns.
Old 17-07-2008, 14:23   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedman2003 View Post
What do you mean I've never been in such a position? You mean I've never gone to help a child in difficulty, how do you know? It's time people started taking responsibility rather than saying not my problem

I'm well aware of the implications of child abuse both through my employment and also through 20 plus years of working with young people and despite all my knowledge and experience there is no way I could not provide some care for a child in danger. you can provide reassurance to a child with a kindly word there is no need for any physical contact but it seems some people would cross to the other side of the road.

Well done Bonnyboy for your actions obviously despite your reservations which I do understand you took the common sense approach
i said as a "Male" ya evaded answering that? with yer knowledge n experience i assumed you would be able to read. sorry.

Last edited by cashman; 17-07-2008 at 14:26.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2008, 15:39   #44
Resident Waffler

I thought hedman was a bloke.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2008, 15:42   #45
Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I thought hedman was a bloke.
So did i!!
Unless i'm missing something!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..