Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2009, 22:37   #16
Super Moderator

Re: United states of GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
so what exactly ties us to this EU malarky?
The Brussels gravy train! An excellent retirement home for failed politicians. Look at Kinnock...he even managed to get his missus on it!
Old 05-02-2009, 22:41   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Pray tell?
U.S.A. simple as.fer my money near half the E.U. fought against us, the frogs dislike us, if De-Gaulle was still batting, they wouldn't have had us in it. Allies yer having a laugh.
Old 05-02-2009, 22:48   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
U.S.A. simple as.fer my money near half the E.U. fought against us, the frogs dislike us, if De-Gaulle was still batting, they wouldn't have had us in it. Allies yer having a laugh.
But you are still free to say as you like and do as you like in a free society. would that have been the case if the Allies had not come to our aid?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 22:50   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
But you are still free to say as you like and do as you like in a free society. would that have been the case if the Allies had not come to our aid?
i regard the yanks as our main allies.
Old 05-02-2009, 22:54   #20
God Member

Quote:
Ian............It seems to go unoticed that the country is in a mess and we are subjected to the local issues on this forum taking over the overall picture.

Maybe thats because it is a local forum and we get more say on local issues than we do nationally, or at least thats the theory
Old 05-02-2009, 23:02   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

and when it comes down to cutting the crap, the "Gurkhas" were better allies than half of those clowns in the E.U.
Old 05-02-2009, 23:28   #22
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Ian............It seems to go unoticed that the country is in a mess and we are subjected to the local issues on this forum taking over the overall picture.
Er....maybe that's because it's a local forum.

People are free to discuss worldwide issues, if they so wish, but they are more likely to take an interest about what's actually happening on their doorstep, particularly if some dog's laid an egg on it.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 23:32   #23
Give, give, give member

At least an American puppet master speaks English, sort of.

Unlike the one's pulling our strings in Brussels.

I'd prefer to be independent, and free of all political and economic allies.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 23:43   #24
Resting in Peace

Over the last 10 years 50% of all laws passed for Britain were passed by the E.U.
The cost to implement these laws was 106 Billion pounds.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:41   #25
God Member

this is a convinent excuse not to have the facts of torture released and the USA threat to not share intelligence is invalid on two counts

1: the USA has no intelligence

2: our people work so closley with the USA people that we couldnt help but get to know about things and also the USA depends greatly on us just as much as we depend on them when gathering information around the world and also the australian people work very closely with us and teh USA as well so basicly our countries are so entwined in each others buisness helping each other the UK could not be kept out of the loop

the govenment is quite happy to bow down to this demand and say they cant release information basicly because it saves embarrassment that we are part or involved in the torture of people when in reality we could easily ignore the USA and call tehir bluff because they have made a threat that even they know they are incapable of carrying out

dont get me wrong im all for torturing the hell out of people associated with terrorism in any way but to see our courts made a mockery of just to hide a dirty secret which isnt that well kept anyway is a joke

i dont knwo what is worse , european courts over ruling our courts or our polotitions gaging our justice system to hide their dirty linen

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:45   #26
Super Moderator

Quote:
Well, it seems to me that most of our so-called European Allies either: a) fought on t'other side. b) were invaded and so were not much help (apart from their resistance movements). c) remained resolutely neutral. Some allies!
Old 06-02-2009, 08:48   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
At least an American puppet master speaks English, sort of.

Unlike the one's pulling our strings in Brussels.

I'd prefer to be independent, and free of all political and economic allies.
agree totally, as we aint in the independant arena though, i'll settle fer the yanks any day.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:27   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
The Brussels gravy train! An excellent retirement home for failed politicians. Look at Kinnock...he even managed to get his missus on it!
Thats all well and good Wynonie, but they had Mandy then he came back
Old 06-02-2009, 10:37   #29
Resting in Peace

I think the one thing that made me smile this morning was that good old Tony down staged Grdon for ten years, now hes don't it again, he managed to beat Gordon again as in meeting Barack Obama, before him
Old 06-02-2009, 11:09   #30
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I think the one thing that made me smile this morning was that good old Tony down staged Grdon for ten years, now hes don't it again, he managed to beat Gordon again as in meeting Barack Obama, before him
Ah, but Gord was the first world leader to talk to Obama by phone, taking to opportunity to warn him about the dangers of protectionism. Soon afterwards, Obama introduced his Buy American bill. Funny, that...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..