Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2009, 23:39   #136
God Member

Re: swine fever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
We'll just have to wait and see what the latest information is, from the new Minster of Health.

that mask isnt to potect from flu its to stop his nose falling into his mouth

now all he needs is somthing to stop his willy falling into kids

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-05-2009, 01:20   #137
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burningman View Post
I live in California... Mexico is on our doorstep. We have two little girls in school and schools in our next district are closing because of confirmed cases of the flu. We are taking precautions and are in fear of this becoming worse.
US CDC, and now WHO are raising threat levels to pandemic 5.
I hope these glib and paranoid remarks about "man made" and "new world order" don't come back to bite anyone. I think this is the wrong time for this type of conspiracy agenda. It's nonsense.
Keep your eyes wide, the news turned on and all the precautions you can for you and your families.
I hope this goes nowhere.
Come on , I live in the Bay Area and the local media (as usual) is going into hyper drive hysterics , a few kids with snotty noses and schools are being closed, TV pictures of schools being dis-infected by cleaning crews wearing face masks and 'space suits' .......remember this weekend is Cinco de Mayo , so every latino/hispanic will be out having a party ....methinks you have more chance getting hit with a stray than getting the (mexican) flu
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:08   #138
Resting in Peace

I used to have the flu jab every year, regular as clockwork and 2 or 3 days later I was away with the mixer with blue flashing lights. The last time I had the flu jab was the 13th October 1994 a Thursday I was in E3 at Queens Park on the 15th and as usual in and out all winter. I decided that I would not have it the ext year,much to th consternation of my Consultant and GP, but the bottom line is that since then I've only been admitted on three occasions, could just be a coincidence, but I don't believe in them where my health is concerned
Old 02-05-2009, 16:42   #139
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
What are the plans in case the worst happens.
Sit quietly ... breathe deeply ... meditate on some peaceful memory from the past ... gently lean forward ... put your head between your knees ... kiss your ass goodbye
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 16:44   #140
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

seems Mexico has lowered the death toll to 101,
Old 02-05-2009, 17:06   #141
Passed away 25-11-09

They are now saying that maybe, just maybe, well, perhaps it isn't quite as dreadfully, awfully bad as they first thought.
Old 02-05-2009, 17:08   #142
God Member

It was only a rehearsal anyway

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 17:17   #143
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
It was only a rehearsal anyway
Does anyone else get the impression that Margaret is disappointed that this virus may not kill off half of the population of our planet ? ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 17:25   #144
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Does anyone else get the impression that Margaret is disappointed that this virus may not kill off half of the population of our planet ? ...
between deadly viruses, terrorist threats and alien invasion im surprised there is anyone left to kill

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 17:36   #145
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Now that wasn't nice ..... I just don't think we have seen the end of it.....I don't fancy dying anymore than you do.

Next time they try something like this fewer people will be duped into getting vaccinated

Old 02-05-2009, 18:16   #146

Did you have your children vaccinated, Margaret? - or was it only later that you realized that the vaccine was worse than the disease?
ossylass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 18:47   #147
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossylass View Post
Did you have your children vaccinated, Margaret? - or was it only later that you realized that the vaccine was worse than the disease?
I only learnt about nutrition and body cellular function when I began searching for my cure last August.
I am not saying that vaccines are worse than the disease, I am saying that vaccines have potential to create other disease.
I cannot recall what my son was vaccinated against - I do have a vague memory of him having some in his 1st year - it was 43 years ago!
I don't think that he has had any in adulthood, so his level of mercury will probably be OK.

Old 02-05-2009, 18:54   #148
God Member

If you want to learn more about mercury read this-
Mercury Poisoning Causes, Symptoms, and Prevention on MedicineNet.com
exract-
Health effects of mercury. Mercury exposure at high levels can harm the brain, heart, kidneys, lungs, and immune system of people of all ages. Research shows that most people's fish consumption does not cause a health concern. However, it has been demonstrated that high levels of methylmercury in the bloodstream of unborn babies and young children may harm the developing nervous system, making the child less able to think and learn.
PS if you read to the end you will see this
Some consumers are concerned about the use of thimerosal, a mercury-containing preservative, in vaccines. Since 2001, with the exception of some influenza vaccines (flu), thimerosal is not used as a preservative in routinely recommended childhood vaccines.

Last edited by MargaretR; 02-05-2009 at 19:01.
Old 02-05-2009, 19:26   #149
God Member

Just got back from Asda and noticed they are now selling a new version of Lemsip;

Old 02-05-2009, 19:41   #150
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Just got back from Asda and noticed they are now selling a new version of Lemsip;
Stop it you naughty boy or you'll have all those people frightened of dying grasping at every last straw and really believing in conspiracies. (Not Margaret we know she will only use Mercury for the good of others rather than just to poison the unwitting).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..