Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2009, 19:44   #151
God Member

Re: swine fever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Stop it you naughty boy or you'll have all those people frightened of dying grasping at every last straw and really believing in conspiracies. (Not Margaret we know she will only use Mercury for the good of others rather than just to poison the unwitting).
If anyone here is worrying about their mercury level, I recommend using
Humet R.
Humet - Products - For scientists & experts

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-05-2009, 19:52   #152
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
If anyone here is worrying about their mercury level, I recommend using
Humet R.
Humet - Products - For scientists & experts
And I recommend anyone that has a sexually transmitted disease to expose themselves to Malaria, the rise in temperature produced kills it off far better than mercury, but then, time has moved on both of these cures have been replaced by antibiotics and Doctors/Scientists have learnt quite a lot about what doses of all sorts of things can do good or harm, have all those Bassett Hounds died for nothing? Or shall we use the research? Long live medical research in every form rather than iffy 'Ooooh you don't want to do that!'
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 19:58   #153
God Member

Had a painful day so short on patience.
I think you are trying to indroduce humour
If I am wrong - just continue to have faith in your doctor and die sooner but happy

Last edited by MargaretR; 02-05-2009 at 20:02.
Old 02-05-2009, 20:03   #154
God Member

If you are contemplating sex, dont use a Hurnet.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 20:04   #155
God Member

On a lighter note -
Bloopers - Funny Medical Mistakes! - The Doctors Lounge(TM)

Old 02-05-2009, 20:10   #156

Quote:
Had a painful day so short on patience.
I think you are trying to indroduce humour
If I am wrong - just continue to have faith in your doctor and die sooner but happy
If you mean me, not had a bad day, had a cheery message that my latest Granddaughter (less than two weeks), may be able to come home after all those nasty doctors pumped her full of nasty chemicals to keep her alive because she was born with Chicken Pox, thank you to the Doctors and Nurses that were there for her.

I may now get a chance to see what she will be like, just because most of us believe the medical staff try to do good, not just making money as your description of their Medicines seems to imply!
Ooh please excuse me I just sneezed is this the end of the world as I know it?
Old 03-05-2009, 09:17   #157
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
If you mean me, not had a bad day, had a cheery message that my latest Granddaughter (less than two weeks), may be able to come home after all those nasty doctors pumped her full of nasty chemicals to keep her alive because she was born with Chicken Pox, thank you to the Doctors and Nurses that were there for her.

I may now get a chance to see what she will be like, just because most of us believe the medical staff try to do good, not just making money as your description of their Medicines seems to imply!
Ooh please excuse me I just sneezed is this the end of the world as I know it?
I can only agree with you Less, but for doctors and nurses pumping me full of those nasty life threatening medications I would have departed this earth long ago
Old 03-05-2009, 16:06   #158
God Member

You know... I really do like the Internet for many many reasons.... but because of people like Margaret... ( research overdrive ) I hate it..... seriously Margaret, doctors went to university for a lot of years for a reason... and you didn't... so let them do their job love.

Ok so you might not like prescription drugs.... I doubt your kind of drugs are gonna keep babies with measles, mumps and rubella alive!! Live and let live... and stop stuffing your info down everyone elses throat!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 16:09   #159
God Member

totally agree with you on this one Slinks, there is a time and a place for herbal stuff and with kids you cant afford to risk trying it
Old 03-05-2009, 16:58   #160
God Member

For the attention of Slinky-
post #12 by you in thread
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...jab-25740.html
Quote-
"I work In a Nursing home so am around loads of people that have it done.
The amount of people I see that get very poorly after this jab is un -believable. I personal think it is a government scam to bump off the elderly because we are living longer.
IMHO I would never have one done."

I will now retire gracefully to another forum where I am still welcome - bye

Old 03-05-2009, 17:19   #161
God Member

Quote:
Oh give up!! you know you won't.

As it happens..I don't agree with the Flu jab for a number of reasons... but do you see me on here EVERY SINGLE DAY spouting that you shouldn't take this ?? NO!!!! because each to their own. But you really do attack people Margaret, and to be quite honest, you have been doing it for a very long time ( look back over your own posts if you don't believe me... ) I have a life... I can't be arsed. Actually surprised it has taken people so long to get annoyed with you.
You really do just get a bit boring!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 19:13   #162

I'm on medication to keep me alive and I'm only 45. I've been taking it for 4 years now. I will continue to take it because I don't want to pop my clogs yet. Thank gawd someone invented the pills I take. 100 years ago I would have been a gonner at the grand old age of 41
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 20:20   #163
Passed away 25-11-09

I too must thank the medical profession for still being here. I nearly died from pneumonia 16 months ago. That on top of COPD, a heart problem, thyroid problem, high blood pressure and a suspected progression towards diabetes means that, if I'd lived in an earlier age, I wouldn't be - living, that is.

I'm grateful to medical science for keeping me alive and for letting me have my mum, who lived to age 91 with all of the above and more, for so long. I'm grateful for the discovery of penicillin, the new drug, as it was then, that saved my brother's life in 1944. I wish there had been a drug to cure my husband of Meningococcal Septicaemia but there wasn't. I am fully behind all the research to find a drug that will cure it.
Old 03-05-2009, 20:39   #164

Quote:
For the attention of Slinky-
post #12 by you in thread
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...jab-25740.html
Quote-
"I work In a Nursing home so am around loads of people that have it done.
The amount of people I see that get very poorly after this jab is un -believable. I personal think it is a government scam to bump off the elderly because we are living longer.
IMHO I would never have one done."

I hope you don't, I need you, I want you, I require you, well actually the thing is...
Most of what you post makes some form of sense, we only disagree on the medical thing, the first rumour about Doctor nasty and you bring out your Dock Leaf, but hang on, how many other things are there that most of us agree with you?

Without you being contrary what will we do?
Old 03-05-2009, 20:47   #165
Beacon of light

There is room for conventional medicine and alternative medicine to run side by side.......and everyone is entitled to an opinion, we should respect that.
Despite having worked as a nurse for thirty years, there are some treatments that I would not have(unless I was unconscious and unable to speak for myself).
We all have the right of choice...something that is only possible because of medical advances.
If medication is necessary to prolong life than you have to weigh up whether the quality of that life is better than the alternative.
Lots of medications do have nasty side effects which need some other medication to control it....and before you know it you rattle when you walk.
Medicine is wonderful when used wisely.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..