Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2010, 09:53   #16

Re: security firms who take your cars away!

yes we know there are plenty of pay and display car parks but if you are parking on a forecourt to a shop you are going in there shouldnt be a problem!!

Trading standards are dragging their feet! they keep giving CID security "till next friday" to produce proof that they can tow from outside the old furniture shop. Apparently CID have taken down the signs from there now!!! so obviously they dont have permission!!!

Well just to let you all know my mum wrote a letter to gorden marsden ( the MP ) and he has wrote a letter and also left a voice mail on our answer machines saying he has heard alot about it, has even had the gazette get in touch with him. He said he is going to get the police involved in it. He is also going to get the gazette to come round to our house to do an article!!!!!
We are getting somewhere at last and hopefully these gypo scumbags will sod off out of blackpool.

If any of you want to send me an email or letter about what happened to them i will be happy to pass it on to the gazette etc as more evidence that it is happening too much!!!

chelle
xxxx
chelle7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-03-2010, 15:29   #17

check this out!!

its not our article but it was put in todays blackpool gazette

War on Blackpool's clampers - Blackpool Today

chelle
xx
chelle7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 20:21   #18
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelle7 View Post
check this out!!

its not our article but it was put in todays blackpool gazette

War on Blackpool's clampers - Blackpool Today

chelle
xx
How about this one.
Retlaw.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-himself.html
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 20:48   #19
God Member

his car wasnt even taxed it just goes to show what disregard these scumbags have for teh law

bit like polotitions arnt they as in do as they say not as they do

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2010, 14:26   #20
Resting in Peace

Blackburn chemist clamped while delivering vital medicine (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Think this one takes the biscuit
Old 13-03-2010, 14:55   #21
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The response that he shoud obtain a visitors permit from each house holder is stupid, how many permits would he need to carry and shuffle like a pack of cards each time he made a delivery. The local authority should issue him with an exemption permit.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2010, 15:26   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
The response that he should obtain a visitors permit from each house holder is stupid, how many permits would he need to carry and shuffle like a pack of cards each time he made a delivery. The local authority should issue him with an exemption permit.

Retlaw.
It might help if they employed people with common sense Retlaw, if you can see that and I can see that, makes you wonder
Old 15-03-2010, 18:51   #23
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Just a thought Chelle said it was Gypo's ! Haven't heard from young Gypo Dec for a while anyone think he might be on a fly earner ?
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2010, 12:21   #24

Hi does anybody know how Blackwatch64 took legal action against CID Security? I've just come across this site as my car was towed away in Blackpool yesterday! Does anyboday have any advice/info that can help me please? I sent Blackwatch a PM but notice he hasn't been active in a while so may not get my message? If anybody is still active regarding this post I would appreciate any advice. Many thanks
lilykia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2010, 09:58   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilykia View Post
Hi does anybody know how Blackwatch64 took legal action against CID Security? I've just come across this site as my car was towed away in Blackpool yesterday! Does anyboday have any advice/info that can help me please? I sent Blackwatch a PM but notice he hasn't been active in a while so may not get my message? If anybody is still active regarding this post I would appreciate any advice. Many thanks
I think you'll need to stump up, like Dave says on pepipoo.com

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 16:08   #26
God Member

its illegal up here
Old 03-01-2011, 13:56   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
its illegal up here
private clamping firms are supposed to be banned here now arnt they ?

edit:

not yet but soon

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...mping-ban.html

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 13:54   #28

Don't clampers need and SIA licence? i'm sure the company must have the correct licence for removing vehicles and each person must have this also.
Old 04-01-2011, 14:00   #29

here is the legislation

Vehicle Immobilisers

keep copies in your bag if you park your car in an unfirmiliar place. state what the act says and ring the police. make a note of the vehicle registration. when ringing the police dont forget to say they are threatening you so they come quick
Old 04-01-2011, 22:16   #30

I got ripped off while on business round the back of Montague St a couple of years ago. From my research the company acted illegally clamping my car on a public road, refusing to accept payment by card which is totally illegal-who carries such sums of money on them & also finally check on the notice if there is a VAT reg no as at £225+ a time they should be registered, if not threaten to report them to the Customs & Excise. In my case I have put a disclaimer in my back side window thet the car is a working vehicle & attatching any equipment to the car to prevent my lawfully carrying out my business is an offence under the EEC Right to Work Act & that I have a right to remove any such equipment attatched without recourse to myself or company for any damage caused in such removal. Remember this is a civil action & the police cannot take action for criminal damage as the company have ignored the warning & by their own admission you are not in a public environment. Play the scum at their own game & roll on their being made illegal in law as in Scotland. Also take a photo showing time you parked up as they have to legally allow a minimum time before removing your vehicle. You are also legally entitled to ask for their SIA licence which they must hold in the form of a badge on their person or show an exemption certificate for the named company. Perhaps a grey area but if they cannot supply this then they have effectively stolen your vehicle so call the police & tell them you are being threatened or intimidated by them-these scum usually do make such noises to frighten you into parting with your hard earned cash. Hope this helps.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..