Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2009, 19:59   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Thankyou scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Would have to be a long feed pipe.

Yes but its PUMPED through the pipe , so he will get enough during the day . Just don't stand on it . LOL
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-09-2009, 20:19   #32
Senior Member+

OMG dad you do get some stories to tell dont you! Keep the spare bin wash it out and when katie is naughty we can pop her in there! lol (im only joking before social services come knocking on my door!). Hope your back gets better soon dad, ive got a compost bin in my garden somewhere! i think its in the corner under the nettles and weeds and spider webs! xxx
Old 27-09-2009, 23:03   #33
God Member

i agree if its not nailed down you can bet your life some scum will help themselves. we had our wheelie been nicked last week , but left with some dirty old rotten one that had never been washed and was fallin to bits I hate thieves grrrrr

Mick I hope your back gets better soon hun.x
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 05:16   #34
Resting in Peace

Well the injection they gave me at the hospital has worn off and it has just taken me 15 mins to get out of bed and 10 to get dressed and 5 to get down stairs really bad pain today.
i can hardly move i think research will be on hold for a week or two for me

Last edited by Mick; 28-09-2009 at 05:24.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 07:56   #35

use of a TENs machine maybe benificial , one of your associates may have one you could use if you dont have one. They are excellent for any muscular pain and used in the NHS.
The Blue Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 08:27   #36
God Member

It's depressing isn't it? Hope you're feeling better soon, Mick. xxx

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 08:32   #37
Resting in Peace

So do i i can hardly move for the pain .
got the doc calling round at dinner time i don't like calling them out but really need some pain relief
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 09:16   #38
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1 View Post
I am sure , they will prop him up somewhere, and have a pipe feed straight to the mouth !
If need be david we could get one of our nurses to set up an intravenous drip
Old 28-09-2009, 09:18   #39
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1 View Post
Yes but its PUMPED through the pipe , so he will get enough during the day . Just don't stand on it . LOL
Hehehe I could get my own back standing on the pipe
Old 28-09-2009, 09:24   #40
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
So do i i can hardly move for the pain .
got the doc calling round at dinner time i don't like calling them out but really need some pain relief
Joking apart mick that sounds horrendous mate, I think back pain is the worst type of pain, you can't do anything, I know I've had some, hope he gives you something strong mate df118s would be great but I doubt if he'll give you them
Old 28-09-2009, 11:01   #41
God Member

You need to try some of this chinese accupuncture treatment. If you can't get a professional to do it - or if the waiting list is to long - then get Less to stick a few needles in yer back. You'll need a few pints first, of course, and Less will need a steady hand - but give it a try and see - you've nowt to lose.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 11:08   #42
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
You need to try some of this chinese accupuncture treatment. If you can't get a professional to do it - or if the waiting list is to long - then get Less to stick a few needles in yer back. You'll need a few pints first, of course, and Less will need a steady hand - but give it a try and see - you've nowt to lose.
By an odd coincidence Dave came over and brought us some perry winkles, he also bought a box of pins so we could eat in the beer garden some of the pins are about 2 inches long, will they do?

I've no disinfectant so if I just spit on them then wipe them on my sleeve they'll be clean enough won't they?

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 11:33   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
By an odd coincidence Dave came over and brought us some perry winkles, he also bought a box of pins so we could eat in the beer garden some of the pins are about 2 inches long, will they do?

I've no disinfectant so if I just spit on them then wipe them on my sleeve they'll be clean enough won't they?

Aye, those pins sound just about right. You will need to check there's no rust on 'em - well, not too much - and you're quite right, you will have to sterilise them first. If you stick 'em in Mick's lager, then that should do the trick (although the beer may lose it's head, which is a bit of a shame). You might also find that some of the needles are a bit reluctant to go in - they may be a bit blunt - in which case you will need a hammer. If so, you might want to ask Mick if he will hold the needle in place while you hammer them in. After all, you don't want to hit your finger and thumb, do you? Also, it might hurt Mick a little bit for the first half dozen so he may want to bite on a bit of leather. If he takes his shoe off and then sticks it in his gob, it should be OK.

Let us know how you go on.
Old 28-09-2009, 15:40   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Aye, those pins sound just about right. You will need to check there's no rust on 'em - well, not too much - and you're quite right, you will have to sterilise them first. If you stick 'em in Mick's lager, then that should do the trick (although the beer may lose it's head, which is a bit of a shame). You might also find that some of the needles are a bit reluctant to go in - they may be a bit blunt - in which case you will need a hammer. If so, you might want to ask Mick if he will hold the needle in place while you hammer them in. After all, you don't want to hit your finger and thumb, do you? Also, it might hurt Mick a little bit for the first half dozen so he may want to bite on a bit of leather. If he takes his shoe off and then sticks it in his gob, it should be OK.

Let us know how you go on.
Where did you get your degree in Chinese medicine Tealeaf
Old 28-09-2009, 15:51   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Where did you get your degree in Chinese medicine Tealeaf
I bought it from that Chinese takeaway, the one further up Ossy from t'Tinker.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..