Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-12-2009, 09:52   #16
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: anyone know how to get in touch with teh bin men over teh holidays

maybe the bin men don't have the calendar i have with the bin days on sent out by HBC
Old 29-12-2009, 10:24   #17
Resting in Peace

Emptied mine this morning
Old 29-12-2009, 11:27   #18
Senior Member+

if they leave your bin and you ring and get throught to them then they tell you that they dont do extra pickups anyway and to take it to the tip yourself, but they will log your complaint.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2009, 13:25   #19
JFT96

The service we get from our council is shocking. It always has been.
With a view to the issue of Christmas day off. Well I worked Christmas day and ended up spending it and Boxing day in a hotel in Milan due to the aircraft breaking down. I did not get any extra money for it and don't expect any either. Why should they or anyone else be different
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2009, 13:47   #20
Resting in Peace

Well, I think you are all really mean ... was obvious they have had problems due to the weather conditions. Didn't collect my domestic waste the Wednesday before Christmas. Next door neighbour had put some of theirs in my bin ('cause I had said previously they could .. just unfortunate didn't collect this day) I recycled some into my brothers (his had been collected, even though same estate) .. so that's what I call a good bit of re-cycling.

Come on, where's your British spirit, all pulling together in times of trouble

Think I will set up a home for abused bin collectors.

The week before they were actually running between houses to keep up with the collection ... never been let down before either.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2009, 13:51   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
due to the aircraft breaking down. I did not get any extra money for it and don't expect any either. anyone else be
"Breaking down" .. eeew don't like that expression, no hard shoulder to pull over in like: you could have said "technical problems" ... doesn't sound so scarey ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2009, 15:07   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
"Breaking down" .. eeew don't like that expression, no hard shoulder to pull over in like: you could have said "technical problems" ... doesn't sound so scarey ...
Sounded okay to me kate, mind you I don't fly
Old 29-12-2009, 15:17   #23
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
The service we get from our council is shocking. It always has been.
With a view to the issue of Christmas day off. Well I worked Christmas day and ended up spending it and Boxing day in a hotel in Milan due to the aircraft breaking down. I did not get any extra money for it and don't expect any either. Why should they or anyone else be different
Perhaps because they are labourer's?

I'm sure your job has a touch of stress now & then but let's be honest the money you get as a flying coach driver, (no doubt with ex's), will more than compensate for your inconvenience.
The bin men always get it in the neck, not because they are lazy or can't be bothered, but their bosses can't organise the obvious.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2009, 16:22   #24
God Member

you see less the problem is people of your age and mine remember when a bin mans job was hard graft but them days are long gone and its now quite a cushy number

long gone are the days when they had to remove bin hole covers , hump up two full steel dustbins onto tehir backs and heave them into teh back of a binwaggon, these days everthing is tucked nicely into a plastic container with wheels on the bottom and a hydrolic lift that lifts these bins and even tips teh contents into teh back of a waggon for them

i bet any retired binman would laugh their nuts off at a present day binman who said their job was hard

anyway i think anyone who dosnt get the service they expect has a right to moan because we pay a very high amount of council tax for these services and its not as though we have any choice in teh matter we cant with hold payment if teh job isnt done properly or we get sent to jail or have bailifs unleshed on us

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 29-12-2009 at 16:27.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2009, 16:50   #25
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
you see less the problem is people of your age and mine remember when a bin mans job was hard graft but them days are long gone and its now quite a cushy number

long gone are the days when they had to remove bin hole covers , hump up two full steel dustbins onto tehir backs and heave them into teh back of a binwaggon, these days everthing is tucked nicely into a plastic container with wheels on the bottom and a hydrolic lift that lifts these bins and even tips teh contents into teh back of a waggon for them

i bet any retired binman would laugh their nuts off at a present day binman who said their job was hard

anyway i think anyone who dosnt get the service they expect has a right to moan because we pay a very high amount of council tax for these services and its not as though we have any choice in teh matter we cant with hold payment if teh job isnt done properly or we get sent to jail or have bailifs unleshed on us
I'm sorry, they can't blame the weather, there's been no more snow since before Christmas.

My wheelie bin's been out since Sunday night, and still hasn't been emptied. I've just been out to bring it back in, since mine was only a third full, but someone has filled it to the top with their extra Christmas rubbish. So I've had to leave it out.

So it looks like I'm going to have four weeks between collections, and a wheelie bin that's already filled to over flowing.

The refuge people can have as long off as they like, as long as residents are informed, and we were informed that it was a normal collection day on Monday.

For the next few weeks I think I'll have to do a Great Escape, and fill my trousers with rubbish, and release a little bit with each step.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2009, 17:06   #26
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
My wheelie bin's been out since Sunday night, and still hasn't been emptied.
When is your collection date down there?
Old 29-12-2009, 17:17   #27
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
When is your collection date down there?
Monday.

The bins are to be out by 7pm, but I had to put mine out late Sunday night in case I wasn't fit enough first thing Monday morning.

Normally they are collected by the wagon at about 2pm on the Monday afternoon.

Old 29-12-2009, 17:17   #28
Give, give, give member

....the notice in the Observer from the council said Monday's collection would be as normal.

Old 29-12-2009, 17:21   #29
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Do you not have you calendar with the dates on? Mine said today and it went today, a lot later than usual though for some reason. I think it may have been a different crew as the bins were left in different places than usual.
Old 29-12-2009, 17:50   #30
God Member

Well I'm guessing we haven't had a collection here either, as Chris is stomping round the house saying 'rubbish! rubbish!'

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..