Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2010, 14:39   #16
God Member

Re: British Gas ..

just a note if anyone is with british gas and has a disability or classed as vulnerable you can get a much lower rate of gas and electricity, they dont advertise it well but i got it for a friends mother, some others have a similar scheme but im not sure which do and which dont, also if you are on a water meter and have a disablity such as incontinence or use lots of water having to wash clothes and sheets due to a medical condition or on income support i think it is you can come off a metered bill and pay a flat rate bill

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-01-2010, 15:12   #17

Why are British Gas giving £20 back - is everyone who is with them getting it?
Kitkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:29   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitkat View Post
Why are British Gas giving £20 back - is everyone who is with them getting it?
i havnt but dont worry they will probbably be raising prices soon to get it back

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:58   #19
Common Sense Member

There used to be a system called Economy 7 and when British Gas swapped my mother-in-law's meter for a new one her bills suddenly went up astronomically. After eight months of wrangling they finally admitted twisting her day and night rates and had overcharged by £444 in one year. When the rebate came through I gave her the cheque and had to watch a 75 year old woman burst into tears as she had been so upset.

She died early last year and I was left with the uneviable task of clearing up her affairs. When I wrote to British Gas and informed them of the new correspondence address they immediately wrote to my mother-in-law to say how sorry they were for her loss. They also said that her account was £200+ in credit and that I should call to arrange settlement and yet when I did they asked for the £12.37 that she owed.

I dread to think how many other people are being treated like this and yet do nothing about it or are totally unaware. The fuel companies are not regulated in any way that I consider satisfactory.
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..