Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-05-2010, 18:23   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: This Co-ilition seems to be working.

I wonder if our lads in "Afghanistan" who after all are British Subjects, are aware of the fact, that those who are trying to kill em, have n Higher Value on Human Rights in Britain, than they do.
Old 18-05-2010, 18:56   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Theresa May MP

And just in case you feel like dropping her a line to tell her how 'disappointed' you are with her performance so far......above is her website address.
Click on the bit that says 'get in touch'
Thanks have e-mailed the Home Office.
Old 18-05-2010, 19:32   #33
Beacon of light

Power Cashy......good on yer!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2010, 19:50   #34
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Joined the Cashy Club, as to the content, see for yourselves.

Oh well done, not 5 minutes into the job & the present government is backsliding already. It is immaterial to myself & many others what awaits these creatures on their repatriation to Pakistan. Did they give any thought to the results of their plans on the innocents of the UK, had they succeeded in carrying out their intentions ? NO, so why should we care about them ?

You & your ilk, safely ensconsed in your guilded palaces are so truely out of touch with the folk on the street you send our young lads & lasses away to be killed & maimed but that's ok, actually no it's not ! What of their human rights ? Oh I see it's to bring democracy to a Country like Afghanistan, what like our democracy ?

You say you're disappointed with the result ? disappointed ? no dis appointment is not getting the CD you wanted, what we have here is treachery & treason from the political classes to our Country. Not only are you subjecting our Country & its innocent population to the threat of terror but also the indignity of having to pay for the priviledge aswell.

I hope to God you never lose site of these filth, because if they succeed in their aims, you & the rest of the spineless puppets obeying edicts from Brussels should hang your heads for shame & the Blood of the innocents will be smeared across your consciences & toothless politics.

With gravest misgivings
One of the legion of despairing citizens
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2010, 20:48   #35
Beacon of light

Well said Dave....karma when I can give it!
Old 19-05-2010, 04:00   #36
God Member

Re: Another kick in the teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
BBC News - 'Al-Qaeda ringleader' wins appeal against deportation
Another kick in the teeth for British Justis, even though one of these men is an Al-qaeda operative he can't be deported because he would be torchered back in Pakistan, no doubt he will join the endless number of people who hate our guts but are quite prepared to let out taxes keep them, as in the case of captain hook and his brood.
I have to disagree with this, particularly on the question of delivering a person into the probability of torture. I am able to express my opinion in a public forum because I have the advantage, as do you, of living in a civilised, democratic country. And civilised, democratic countries do not hand over those in their custody and care to authorities who will torture them. The Canadian government has recently been ordered by the Speaker of the House of Commons to hand over documents relating to the transfer of Afghan detainees, by Canadian troops, to the Afghan authorities. They were tortured by the Afghani military and police. This is a major crisis for the tories. The Minister of Defence, and the Minister of Foreign Affairs could be found in contempt of Parliament for trying to cover up ... but, to cut a long story short, civilised nations do not hand over people to torture.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2010, 04:20   #37
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Sorry Eric, but I can't wholly agree with you, handing over of innocents to a regime who would torture them I can't accept. But the handing over of Filth who would happily kill maim & disfigure innocents in a Country that has allowed them in, whole different ball game ! Their intentions for this Country from my point of view denies them the recourse to any sympathy & especially not the twisted & warped sense that the Human rights bill is being applied in this case.
Old 19-05-2010, 06:17   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Sorry Eric, but I can't wholly agree with you, handing over of innocents to a regime who would torture them I can't accept. But the handing over of Filth who would happily kill maim & disfigure innocents in a Country that has allowed them in, whole different ball game ! Their intentions for this Country from my point of view denies them the recourse to any sympathy & especially not the twisted & warped sense that the Human rights bill is being applied in this case.
From their inception, civilized democratic nations have condemned torture. The rejection of torture as a means of interrogation is the seed of the Fifth Ammendment to the American Constitution. However, my bottom line is: handing over anyone, guilty or innocent, to torture is wrong. Throw them in the slammer for the rest of their born natural, I don't care; but, torture, no.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2010, 07:32   #39
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Again I can see your point but cannot agree. why should we have to have them costing the tax payer thousands forever & a day as they languish in one of the UKs already overcrowded prisons ? There avowed intent was to wreak destruction & death on a Country, who opened the doors & let them in.

Ranting on about Jihad while free & at large but as soon as he's caught the tune changes to one of that familiar bleating "Human rights". He was one of several involved the rest went back voluntarily with the exception of Abid Naseer & one other. So why weren't they concerned as to their impending fate at the hands of the Pakistan authorities ? Surely the same fate awaited them ?

No, Cynically this creature, cried foul & was given the right to remain to the disgust of many. Furthermore there was no guarantee that he would be tortured it is merely a presumption.

The Special Immigration and Appeals Commission said it was satisfied Abid Naseer, the alleged ring-leader, was behind an “imminent” al-Qaeda backed plot but said he risked being tortured if he was returned to Pakistan.

"He risked" not he would be & there lies our difference, I would willingly send him back to face whatever may be his fate because he had no compunction as to the fates of British innocents. So as stated, I cannot agree with you on this one.

I feel this way because I have seen firsthand the destruction terrorism brings during my service in NI in the 80's. I feel that maybe you have not been confronted with this particular injustice, had you experienced it, I feel your views would possibly be similar to mine.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 19-05-2010 at 07:37.
Old 19-05-2010, 07:32   #40
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
From their inception, civilized democratic nations have condemned torture. The rejection of torture as a means of interrogation is the seed of the Fifth Ammendment to the American Constitution. However, my bottom line is: handing over anyone, guilty or innocent, to torture is wrong. Throw them in the slammer for the rest of their born natural, I don't care; but, torture, no.
Could not disagree with you more. These are people who have been deemed by the security services to be a danger to this country. If they didn't want to be tortured, they should not have chosen the path they did. They should be sent back to their country of origin ASAP. End of.
Old 19-05-2010, 07:44   #41
Give, give, give member

Re: Another kick in the teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I have to disagree with this, particularly on the question of delivering a person into the probability of torture. I am able to express my opinion in a public forum because I have the advantage, as do you, of living in a civilised, democratic country. And civilised, democratic countries do not hand over those in their custody and care to authorities who will torture them. The Canadian government has recently been ordered by the Speaker of the House of Commons to hand over documents relating to the transfer of Afghan detainees, by Canadian troops, to the Afghan authorities. They were tortured by the Afghani military and police. This is a major crisis for the tories. The Minister of Defence, and the Minister of Foreign Affairs could be found in contempt of Parliament for trying to cover up ... but, to cut a long story short, civilised nations do not hand over people to torture.
Through a charity I've recently come into contact with someone who farmed in Zimbabwe.

He was shot, and stabbed, I've seen the scars, and his daughter was threatened with rape, because the gang that attacked their legally owned farm thought having sex with a virgin would cure A.I.D.S.

They managed to flee the farm with a suitcase and the equivalent of fifteen pounds, and make their way to the British Embassy.

Even though this man had been born in Britain, as had his parents and grandparents, because he had Zimbabwean nationality they refused him and his family any help at all.

Luckily his wife's parents were Italian, and the Italian Embassy organised safe passage to Italy, and because of the E.U. they were able to travel to the U.K., and make their way to Lancashire, where they had relatives who'd house them.

These people were tortured, and had neighbours who were killed, through no fault of their own, other than they happened to be white.

If someone chooses to decide to join a political group such as Al-Qaeda, and then claims this puts them in danger in their homeland, that is their choice.

Though I'd refute the claim they'd face any threat of torture if they were deported. More likely they'd be back in the many training camps, teaching the skills needed to be a successful terrorist, within hours of the plane landing.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2010, 07:56   #42
Give, give, give member

'Over the following weeks and months agents would gather evidence which left no doubt that Muslim fanatics were not only planning to blow up shopping centres in Manchester, but were also connected to a planned attack on New York’s transport network which would have been the worst US atrocity since 9/11.'
Arrest of 'Easter bombers' led to international al-Qaeda network - Telegraph

Something to look forward to, whilst they enjoy their 'freedom' in Britain, after being allowed to stay here, and plan their next attacks.

Old 19-05-2010, 08:11   #43
Beacon of light

Because these men say they would be abused and tortured is not a fact.....they can say anything they want. They would probably go on to train more terrorists and advise them on how to get into the UK.
These men manipulated the system to get into Britain.....one of them worked for a company where he would have easy access to chemicals that would allow him to manufacture a bomb.
I think that perhaps Teresa May has forgotten that she is now in government as opposed to being in opposition - this means that the ball is in her court.
surely as Home Secretary she has a duty to protect the population of this country....to ensure that we are as safe as we can possibly be.
If she had still been on the opposition benches and come out with a statement which said she was 'disappointed' in the outcome of the appeal, then it would have been understandable......but to say that as the current home secretary is appalling.
Her first line of action should be to appeal against the ruling, then get the legislation that allows for this kind of thing to be repealed.
Since when has the Human rights of a terrorist taken precedence of the human rights of the whole country.
Boot them out! We are sending the wrong message to the terrorists of the world......it is saying 'Come to the UK...we'll look after you'
Old 19-05-2010, 08:24   #44
Give, give, give member

There's no listing on Amnesty International's site about members of Al-Qaeda being tortured or killed in Pakistan. Though their are cases in which those who oppose the Taleban have been killed.

Pakistan | Amnesty International

Be interesting to see what evidence was supplied to the court, about the perceived threat of torture, if these terrorists in waiting were deported.

Old 19-05-2010, 08:26   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
There's no listing on Amnesty International's site about members of Al-Qaeda being tortured or killed in Pakistan. Though their are cases in which those who oppose the Taleban have been killed.

Pakistan | Amnesty International

Be interesting to see what evidence was supplied to the court, about the perceived threat of torture, if these terrorists in waiting were deported.
Ever been Had, springs to mind.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..