Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2012, 06:19   #1
Senior Member+

Tanker Driver' Strike

Are we all prepared for the fuel tanker Driver's to go on strike ? Another excuse for some garages to put up the price of petrol and diesel. How many of us could do without our cars?
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-03-2012, 07:36   #2
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Tanker Driver' Strike

I wonder if certain garages will be restricting who they sell to this time?
Old 28-03-2012, 10:50   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I wonder if certain garages will be restricting who they sell to this time?

ah yes i remember the day i walked pastteh margram garage in accy town center and saw the NO WHITES sign at its entrance.

Its changed hands since though and i think its now a Total petrol station and im sure its race policy will have improved

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 14:59   #4

Yeah, I'm prepared. I've taken Francis Maude's advice and filled up a billy can. And I don't even have a car.
ToffeeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 15:01   #5
Senior Member+

Can I buy it off you?
Old 28-03-2012, 15:04   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToffeeGuy View Post
Yeah, I'm prepared. I've taken Francis Maude's advice and filled up a billy can. And I don't even have a car.
The advice that is illegal and likely to lead to panic buying? Highly responsible!

What else is the government advising us to do? Keep a gun handy in case of intruders?

gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 15:08   #7
Senior Member+

Who knows what this government is capable of?
Old 28-03-2012, 15:31   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Maybe its time to put the 50 litres I have in jerry cans in the cars tank and then refill them. Its been in there for to long now anyway.
Old 28-03-2012, 15:39   #9
Senior Member+

Has it not evaporated?
Old 28-03-2012, 15:40   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Maybe its time to put the 50 litres I have in jerry cans in the cars tank and then refill them. Its been in there for to long now anyway.
Does petrol in jerry cans go off over time? Turns to a gooey mess, perhaps?
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 15:49   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
The advice that is illegal and likely to lead to panic buying? Highly responsible!

What else is the government advising us to do? Keep a gun handy in case of intruders?

i would fully support any government that allowed me to keep a gun in my home incase of intruders so teh next time i find myself with a strange rin my living room i can shoot him instead of throwing the xbox at the barsteward.

was an xbox1 as well so i bet the swines still limping lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 28-03-2012 at 15:52.
Old 28-03-2012, 15:56   #12
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Has it not evaporated?
Take a while to evaporate from a closed container!

Quote:
Does petrol in jerry cans go off over time? Turns to a gooey mess, perhaps?
I doubt it. In a jerry can there should be no problem:

Good quality gasoline should be stable almost indefinitely if stored properly. Such storage should be in an airtight container, to prevent oxidation or water vapors mixing, and at a stable cool temperature, to reduce the chance of the container leaking. When gasoline is not stored correctly, gums and solids may accumulate resulting in "stale fuel". The presence of these degradation products in fuel tank, lines, and carburetor or fuel injection components, make it harder to start the engine. Upon the resumption of regular vehicle usage, though, the buildups should eventually be cleaned up by the flow of fresh petrol.

Gasoline - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 28-03-2012, 16:02   #13
Resting In Peace

Quote:
The Fire Brigade Union secretary "stressed it was against the law to store more than 10 litres of petrol in two -litre plastic containers in the home — a full-sized jerry can holds 22 litres." according to the Evening Standard. But a jerrycan is not a plastic container and expressly designed for holding and pouring fuel so not illegal.
Old 28-03-2012, 17:03   #14
Senior Member+

went shopping at Asda, hyndburn road,this afternoon and the petrol station was closed off with cones. Just wondered if panic buying exhausted supplies, dont know for sure as there was nothing posted to say why
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 17:06   #15
God Member

probbaly just having the pumps refilled davemac they have to cone off the station when its been done because of health and safety.

they sometimes shut rising bridge when refilling is happening

does anyone know where teh fuel line is on a mondeo estate coz if i run out i can sneak some outa my womans car shes a heavy sleeper

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..