Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2014, 09:55   #16
Beacon of light

Re: Abuse in care

I am pretty sure those who manage the care home will be hot on getting shot of those who do not work well in this environment...it isn't in the interest of the home or for that matter the residents, to have carers who are not suited to the job......not only that, there has to be a statutory amount of training for health and safety issues.
This costs money and would not be offered to those who are not suited to the task.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-01-2014, 09:57   #17
God Member

in an ideal world it only takes a day look at the lancaster 3..
Old 12-01-2014, 09:58   #18
Beacon of light

and the point Flashy is making, is that it isn't about money or about supervision, it is about people who were bored(I would have made sure they didn't have time to be bored) and used the vulnerable residents for their entertainment.
and she is right......they were sick in the head.
But hey, Karma.....they will be old one day...maybe they will get the carers that they deserve(though I sincerely hope not).
Old 12-01-2014, 09:59   #19
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
in an ideal world it only takes a day look at the lancaster 3..
You need to explain yourself a lot better and use less of those winking smileys - they mean nothing.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:16   #20
God Member

cmon, i was on the dole for a long time, its not true.what you said about people being made to work in care homes, infact its totally the opposite, i WISH the dole had made me work un a care home, i was never forced to do anything for my benefits, if i had been then i wouldnt have been in the dole for as long as i was, i dont know where you have got this.idea about being forced into this kind of work from cos thats just another load of bull, thats coming straight from someone who was on benefits for a long time, someone who tried allsorts of things to get a care job...THERE ISNT THE CARE WORK OUT THERE TO 'MAKE' PEOPLE WORK IN CARE, people seem to come out with allsorts of crap just to blame the government.

I applied for hundreds of jobs in the care proffession in the time i was claiming, i have a background in care work, i have an nvq, yet i still only got 2 interviews in the time i was seeking work, you cannot just walk into these jobs as easily as you think, the interview itself is rigorous, then you have all the checks that need to be put in place before you start work.

you and half pint need to get your head out of the clouds and get your facts right before you come in here spouting a load of crap about something you know nothing about.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:45   #21
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
you and half pint need to get your head out of the clouds and get your facts right before you come in here spouting a load of crap about something you know nothing about.
Now then C'mon, this, from an industrious, striving & committed young lady. One who has struggled through all the moral wrongs you claim are all part of the governments big plans, yet despite that, she's triumphed over adversity & made something of herself despite the problems & hardships she's faced.

So what's your response to that then? That she's dumb? Doesn't know what she's talking about? Your standard reply when confronted with something that goes against your warped view of the World!

All power to the Lass! And you ....... you should maybe take a leaf out of her book & instead of bitching incessantly, actually try to see advantage through adversity & just maybe attempt something constructive.
Less and Margaret Pilkington like this.
Old 13-01-2014, 09:11   #22

I so much agree with a lot that is being said in response to this thread, I live close to this home and am approaching the age at which I may need the use of it, or another like it. I am afraid; very afraid.
I'm sure "lessons will be learned", official hands will be wrung; but in the end situations like this will continue, the climate of social engineering encouraged by successive governments from WWII onwards has moved us inevitably towards a less caring society by splitting families and forcing us to concentrate ever more on monetary survival.
We are being forced into a kind of slavery; more subtle than that experienced by our ancestors which is leading to a kind of cleansing if those parts of society which are less able to cope with the trials of everyday life without contributing massively to the State.
The remarks about Councils and Governments are particularly relevant; the aim all round seems to be to strip the dignity from anyone who does not conform to the "party" line.
Eric Arthur Blair got it so right, all we need is Room 101.
umpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2014, 20:27   #23
God Member

[QUOTE=flashy;1090292]cmon, i was on the dole for a long time, its not true.what you said about people being made to work in care homes, infact its totally the opposite, i WISH the dole had made me work un a care home, i was never forced to do anything for my benefits, if i had been then i wouldnt have been in the dole for as long as i was, i dont know where you have got this.idea about being forced into this kind of work from cos thats just another load of bull, thats coming straight from someone who was on benefits for a long time, someone who tried allsorts of things to get a care job...THERE ISNT THE CARE WORK OUT THERE TO 'MAKE' PEOPLE WORK IN CARE, people seem to come out with allsorts of crap just to blame the government.

I applied for hundreds of jobs in the care proffession in the time i was claiming, i have a background in care work, i have an nvq, yet i still only got 2 interviews in the time i was seeking work, you cannot just walk into these jobs as easily as you think, the interview itself is rigorous, then you have all the checks that need to be put in place before you start work.

you and half pint need to get your head out of the clouds and get your facts right before you come in here spouting a load of crap about something you know nothing about.[/QU changed days now employers are getting away with work trials work programme etc. ie free labour or getting paid £2500 to take somebody off the dole that is why there is no paid work i know more than you will ever know if you refuse any of these directives and its a sanction refuse these directives again and its 3 years sanction and on hardship. there you go.
Old 13-01-2014, 21:08   #24
God Member

you know Jack mate, do you know why they REALLY put people on work trials???

there are 30 work trial placements around lancashire..FACT!!!

i begged my advisor to put me on one but she declined..FACT!!!

1, they put people on work trials who have never experienced any sort of work in their lives, this is to gain vital work experience..FACT!!!

2, they also put people on work trials if they suspect the claiment is defrauding the benefits system by working on the side..FACT!!!

come back and spout your mouth off when you stop chatting bubbles.

ive been there, done that and come out the other side very recently, you know NOTHING other than hearsay
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 15-01-2014, 22:06   #25
Senior Member+

Abuse by anyone against another person or group who are considered vulnerable should carry a serious penalty.

Its one of the areas of the law where justice seems to be lacking.

Such cases leave society with questions about itself.

We may be more advanced in terms of technology and science, but we are certainly no more advanced in terms of limiting our own and each others desire and ability to cause great harm.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..