Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2018, 19:25   #1681
God Member

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

I think many suspect that those of us who voted Leave will be shafted by the slime-boxes that infest Westminster, Holyrood, Brussels, etc, etc.
But I'm quite heartened that Farage has popped up again to stiffen our sinews. There needed to be someone challenging what, after 18 months of incessant whinging from the BBC, was becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy that a "second" referendum was on.
Actually, if it were to happen, it would be a THIRD referendum.
The first was back in the 70s when we were lied to as to what we were voting to join. On the strength of over 40 years of evidence of how big a mistake we made, the entire British people, not just it's pampered politicians, invoked its democratic right to change its mind and vote to get out, whilst we still can, in a second referendum. So Tony Bliar and Lord Lardy Molloch Brown and all those Remoaning has-beens, you're too late - we've already had our second referendum.
And nothing I've heard over the last 18 months convinces me that staying in the EU is a good idea. The EUrocrats have revealed themselves to be what they are; a bunch of vindictive creeps.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-01-2018, 19:42   #1682
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I think many suspect that those of us who voted Leave will be shafted by the slime-boxes that infest Westminster, Holyrood, Brussels, etc, etc.
But I'm quite heartened that Farage has popped up again to stiffen our sinews. There needed to be someone challenging what, after 18 months of incessant whinging from the BBC, was becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy that a "second" referendum was on.
Actually, if it were to happen, it would be a THIRD referendum.
The first was back in the 70s when we were lied to as to what we were voting to join. On the strength of over 40 years of evidence of how big a mistake we made, the entire British people, not just it's pampered politicians, invoked its democratic right to change its mind and vote to get out, whilst we still can, in a second referendum. So Tony Bliar and Lord Lardy Molloch Brown and all those Remoaning has-beens, you're too late - we've already had our second referendum.
And nothing I've heard over the last 18 months convinces me that staying in the EU is a good idea. The EUrocrats have revealed themselves to be what they are; a bunch of vindictive creeps.
Trouble is the young in general have no sodding idea what we thought we had joined and for me most of em dont care.
DaveinGermany and hilleluk like this.
Old 13-01-2018, 05:46   #1683
Full Member+

Nigel Farage had his chance but blew it by deciding that the job was done after the referendum. He spoke a lot of common sense and wiped the floor with the others who took part in the debates. I don't think Theresa May would have had such an easy time if it had been Nigel Farage on the other side of the despatch box rather than Jeremy Corbyn.

Who knows what would have happened if he had kept going but he chose to take himself to the wilderness so now only has the same voice as the rest of us.

As for another referendum, that would be a bad idea as the toffs would see it as a mandate to hold another vote every time the democratically governed peasant had the cheek to vote against their masters.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 11:33   #1684
Beacon of light

I don't think Theresa May has had an easy time, but much of the hardships have been home grown by people wanting to talk down the UK...this makes fine ammunition for those like Micheal Barnier, Junker, Guy Verhofstadt...if they can divide the country even more then it makes their job so much easier.

The London Mayor threw his twopennorth into the pot the other day by giving us the details of a financial study(commissioned by him) that says Brexit will cost jobs and money...well, it would say that wouldn't it...you get the report that you pay for...and so far many of the'experts' in these lofty financial organisations have been so wrong it is untrue.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 07:04   #1685
Full Member+

Are they the same experts who wrongly predicted the outcomes of the Referendum, the UK election, The North Korea vs South Korea tiddlywinks friendly and the US Presidential election?

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 10:04   #1686
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post
Are they the same experts who wrongly predicted the outcomes of the Referendum, the UK election, The North Korea vs South Korea tiddlywinks friendly and the US Presidential election?
One would assume so, after all, what other experts are there?
Old 14-01-2018, 13:35   #1687
Beacon of light

I was taught that X marks the spot....and a spurt is a drip under pressure.
That about sums it up really.
Jim Procter likes this.
Old 18-02-2018, 12:58   #1688
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

DisMay really needs to pull her finger out & get the UK walking away right now! Today the Belgeek freak nomark gormless guy was bumping his gums & sneering (is it just me or does that face of his need a good slapping every time it appears?) over the UK'sattitude ... hello, look in the mirror tool! The eu's attitude is the one causing the problems preventing any forward movement or agreement.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/92...nsition-period

Then there's fat boy Elmar "Fudd" Brok (yet another nomark petty politico) piggy little German mep & cdu-ist (them as can't get their party & government organised since the Sept 2017 elections)adding his couple o' cents worth of gobbing to the debate & slagging the UK!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...ade-Elmar-Brok

Isn't this constant outpouring of verbal diaohrear & bad mouthing enough for Dipsy to finally realise we've no friends in europe & the only thing that'll shut these R-soles down is a great big FU Europe, we're gone NOW!

When & if you can act like adults & reliable partners give us a call & if we ain't to busy we'll get back to you ..... maybe!
Old 18-02-2018, 13:16   #1689
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Doubt if theirs a hope in hell of her doing that dave. More chance of Stanley winning the Champions League in the next 5 years,
Old 18-02-2018, 15:34   #1690

I am still sticking with the Conservative's and Teresa...Labour will keep us IN
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 15:35   #1691

Last thing this Country needs is a General Election
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 15:46   #1692
Beacon of light

If TMs colleagues in the Tory party did not spend so much time back biting and working to undermine GB plc then it would be an easier(not easy) ask.
But when you have creeps like George Soros bank rolling the remoaners, then it becomes a harder job.
This man who says he just wants what is best for Britain is a liar and a hypocrite, this is the man who made a billion betting against Sterling on Black Wednesday....that is really supporting Britain.
Many of the civil servants are working against the will of the people too.
They put erroneous reports out to the media in the hope that they can sway opinion.
My opinion remains the same. I just want out. I want no transition period, I want no single market trade deal, I want nothing more to do with these unelected bullies...who are cropping themselves at the thought that the money we won't be contributing needs to be found from somewhere.
Old 19-02-2018, 07:40   #1693
God Member

could not agree more margaret. the common market was bad enough but the EU is a total no deal for me. the remoaners are even worse the the institution they really love. the united states of europe is their aim for various reasons plus of course the money. people of our age group are mostly against it and talk of us being traitors to our brainwashed youth is always spouted out. do not forget em always trying to make out it will be harder too for em going to benidorm after we leave. there are no depths they will go to to keep us in their club.
Jim Procter likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2018, 10:16   #1694
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Doubt if theirs a hope in hell of her doing that dave. More chance of Stanley winning the Champions League in the next 5 years,
No reason we can't Cashy but 5 years might be pushing it a bit -
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2018, 18:36   #1695
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Looks like the rats are scrabbling in the sack again! Yet Geeky Guy & Arch Duke Drunker are adamant the eurinal members are all singing from the same song sheet .... really?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...exit-blackhole

And normally Mutti (who'll hopefully be shown the door in the not to distant future) & Mongsewer Micro would also be right in the thick of it, but it looks like they may just have their plates full with other concerns at present. Oh the deep joys of it all!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-Angela-Merkel

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...ouard-Philippe

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 19-02-2018 at 18:44.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..