Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2016, 19:24   #931
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Cashy, I know what they aren't telling us.....I read news from a variety of sources, but that news is being relegated by the political shenanigans that are ripping the Labour Party apart......and it IS happening.....however it is reported.
I never said it was good....in fact, it is dire and does nothing for the reputation of the UK in general.
It just shows what a shower of Fisons there are in politics.
It doesn't do to let the British public know that the FTSE and the pound has rallied a little.
They all want us to believe that the things they said would happen ARE happening.
It was inevitable that stock markets would get twitched, that we would lose our triple A credit rating( even though it is as safe to invest in the UK as it was at the beginning of the year).....it was inevitable that sterling would fall a little ( good for exports).

Politicians want to continue to feed us doom and gloom.
It is part of their agenda.....like I said most of them are fertiliser.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 28-06-2016 at 19:29.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-06-2016, 22:00   #932

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thing is, though he aint been very good at all (in my eyes) he was voted leader by people whoever they happen to be, by a huge majority, last i heard that was democratic, The majority of Labour MPs have never really supported the man, the people who voted him in bothered to pay the subs and are grass roots people,as far as i'm concerned many Labour MPs have forgot the meaning of Democracy, and by calling on him to quit, you are actually backing a nest of vipers imho. I have just seen on twitter our own MP says Never once has Jeremy Corbyn said he supports Labour!! funny that, Can you recall our MP supporting his constituents over brexit? cos i certainly cant. Well to be perfectly honest i would rather support Corbyn than an MP who does that.

WOW Cashy, that must be the longest post you've ever made!!

You are well known on here for eloquently stating your view in as few words as possible, yet, even though this ranks as possibly your longest one-finger effort, it is surely one of your best, to the point, and as truthful as you always are!!

Keep up the good work, your views, and those of Magpi are the ones I look most forward to reading on here!!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 23:31   #933
God Member

be prepared for the biggest bag of lies ever told by MPs as they clamber to save their seats at the next election

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2016, 07:12   #934
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
be prepared for the biggest bag of lies ever told by MPs as they clamber to save their seats at the next election
That might be what happens Accyman ,but I think it is clear that the scales are falling from the eyes of those whose votes they rely on.
Maybe, just maybe the electorate will be treated with a little more respect.
Maybe the polls won't be relied upon so heavily.
Maybe there has been an awakening of some political awareness in the voters.
It is not before time......but then again maybe inertia will set in and nothing will change. How very sad that would be.
Old 29-06-2016, 07:18   #935
Full Member+

I saw some of the coverage of the European Parliament yesterday and more than 1 MEP accused Nigel Farage and the Leave campaign of lying about the Ł350 Million claim. This 'lie' has been banded about and blamed as the main reason the Leave camp won.
Did anyone in the Leave camp actually say that Ł350 Million would be redirected to the NHS and was the picture of the poster I saw, which said that, genuine or was it Photoshopped?

I am not sure whether I like Nigel Farage as a politician and he may be unpopular in the European Parliament but he certainly didn't take any crap from the other MEPs.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2016, 07:37   #936
Beacon of light

I really didn't believe any of the figures bandied about by either side....they were just thrown in to divert attention from other issues and they(in the main) did do this.
My view was that, no one really knew what the figures of any of the 'lies' we're going to be until it was all done and dusted.

I think that some of the commentators from both sides made it up as they went along.
Morecambe Ex Pat likes this.
Old 29-06-2016, 09:10   #937
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Have just read a post on Twitter by our M.P. saying Saving Labour, its time for Jeremy Corbyn to resign for the good of our country, Agree then e-mail your MP.Well sorry I do NOT agree, Our M.P. has NEVER listened to the wishes of the people about J.C. since the man was elected, in fact he even resigned the Labour Whip at that time as i recall, To be frank Graham and his nest of vipers is likely to completely destroy the Labour Party, and if they do, they should remember how the SDP faded into oblivion very quickly.
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 29-06-2016, 09:41   #938
JCB

Quote:
Have just read a post on Twitter by our M.P. saying Saving Labour, its time for Jeremy Corbyn to resign for the good of our country, Agree then e-mail your MP.Well sorry I do NOT agree, Our M.P. has NEVER listened to the wishes of the people about J.C. since the man was elected, in fact he even resigned the Labour Whip at that time as i recall, To be frank Graham and his nest of vipers is likely to completely destroy the Labour Party, and if they do, they should remember how the SDP faded into oblivion very quickly.
I'm sorry but I have to agree with you Cashman .

Graham Jones and most of the Parliamentary Labour Party have never accepted the leadership of Jeremy Corbyn who was elected democratically by members and supporters of the Labour Party .

They have continuously undermined his leadership , and have sought for the first opportunity to get rid of him .

The present crisis in the Labour Party has been manufactured by Labour MPs such as Graham Jones to replace Jeremy Corbyn .
cashman and Barrie Yates like this.
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2016, 09:51   #939
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The trouble is JCB, the M.P.s are elected to represent their constituents as far as i'm aware? most of em from all parties fail to do that i think. They arrogantly think they know better! so completely ignore what people said, its people like that have got us in this mess. cos the media follow to get a story that will bite. P.S. why yer sorry yeh have to agree wi me? pmsl
Old 29-06-2016, 10:41   #940
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Perhaps our M.P. could show him how it's done by falling on his own sword?

This may not save the labour party but it would mean we in Hyndburn and district would have a chance of electing someone that puts the area before party politics.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2016, 10:43   #941
JCB

Quote:
The trouble is JCB, the M.P.s are elected to represent their constituents as far as i'm aware? most of em from all parties fail to do that i think. They arrogantly think they know better! so completely ignore what people said, its people like that have got us in this mess. cos the media follow to get a story that will bite. P.S. why yer sorry yeh have to agree wi me? pmsl
I'm sorry that what you say is true , and I would rather it weren't true .

Like you , I want an effective Labour Party which is true to traditional Labour values , but these values have all gone out the window somewhere or other .

Not a pretty sight to behold .
cashman likes this.
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2016, 10:58   #942
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
I'm sorry that what you say is true , and I would rather it weren't true .

Like you , I want an effective Labour Party which is true to traditional Labour values , but these values have all gone out the window somewhere or other .

Not a pretty sight to behold .
It sure aint a pretty site, but i say its getting stoked up by the media as well, theres one of mondays appointments resigned already, well that proves to me what SNAKES we have sadly inherited, cos why did she accept only 36 hrs ago? what ordinary people think of this action can only do more damage to Labour in my view.
Old 29-06-2016, 12:06   #943
Beacon of light

The MP you are talking about is Pat Glass....this is the MP who called someone a 'horrible racist' because they supported the leave campaign, while she was in favour of remaining.
She is giving up politics at the next election as she found the campaigning for the EU to traumatic......so no real loss there then.
Old 29-06-2016, 12:09   #944
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post

yesterday he was ranting about how leave voters were racists and was more concerned about syrian refugees than fixing the UK and making sure it got the best for it in the coming future
I find it quite amazing that there are over 17 million racists in the country which is what there are if this type of propaganda is to be believed. We all have a certain amount of prejudice against our fellow man not all of whom are immigrants or potential immigrants. That doesn't mean all that voted leave did it for racial reasons, so it's about time those that wanted to stay stopped spouting this little snippet and joined with the rest with a determined effort to work together and ensure that we all benefit from the outcome.

Had the vote been to stay, I hope I would now be prepared to accept whatever fate held for us within the Union.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2016, 12:10   #945
Beacon of light

Quote:
It sure aint a pretty site, but i say its getting stoked up by the media as well, theres one of mondays appointments resigned already, well that proves to me what SNAKES we have sadly inherited, cos why did she accept only 36 hrs ago? what ordinary people think of this action can only do more damage to Labour in my view.
Cashy, calling them snakes is being unkind to snakes.
After all snakes do what they have to do....it is an inbuilt genetic trait. While the current collection of Labour MP's are just a shower of fisons.
They have no real allegiance to either their voters or to the party.
Everyone needs to remember this when it is time to vote again.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..