Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-07-2016, 20:22   #1081
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Up to now and for the past four decades or so they haven't had to do much other than shuffle papers and look busy(the equivalent of walking round in a factory with a clipboard and looking like you are doing something essential)...but I reckon that soon the work is going to be coming out of their....um, ears( I was going to say a rude bit of their anatomy...but remembered that I am trying to be refined). Up to now it has been Brussels calling the shots, making the laws.
Pretty soon they are going to be working hard to work out how to get us out of the swamp that is the EU...without getting their nethers savaged by the likes of Junker, tusk and Merkel.
hilleluk likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-07-2016, 21:26   #1082
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Up to now and for the past four decades or so they haven't had to do much other than shuffle papers and look busy(the equivalent of walking round in a factory with a clipboard and looking like you are doing something essential)...but I reckon that soon the work is going to be coming out of their....um, ears( I was going to say a rude bit of their anatomy...but remembered that I am trying to be refined). Up to now it has been Brussels calling the shots, making the laws.
Pretty soon they are going to be working hard to work out how to get us out of the swamp that is the EU...without getting their nethers savaged by the likes of Junker, tusk and Merkel.
All they will do now is shuffle more paper and now doubt **** us off even more.
Democracy what the hell does that mean?
They will have it their way and no other.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2016, 10:58   #1083
Beacon of light

Of course they will Less.....but at least when it all goes belly up they have someone to blame (us).

You sound as juandiced about the political situation as I am...would you like me to send you some of my anti cynical pills(they taste nothing like a pint of ice cold beer)?
Old 20-07-2016, 12:33   #1084

Quote:
Of course they will Less.....but at least when it all goes belly up they have someone to blame (us).

You sound as juandiced about the political situation as I am...would you like me to send you some of my anti cynical pills(they taste nothing like a pint of ice cold beer)?
I don't need pills to remove my cynicism I need some product that will enhance it!
Old 20-07-2016, 12:38   #1085
Beacon of light

Oh No you don't Less...you have it in bucketfuls........in fact you haven't got enough buckets...and I can't let you have any of mine either.
Old 20-07-2016, 12:54   #1086

Quote:
Oh No you don't Less...you have it in bucketfuls........in fact you haven't got enough buckets...and I can't let you have any of mine either.
Old 20-07-2016, 13:57   #1087
Beacon of light

Less you are incorrigible.
Old 23-07-2016, 19:18   #1088
Super Moderator

Incredible. The shadow Foreign Secretary, a typical member of the snotty-nosed, Hampstead Heath chattering classes, seems to think we should have to vote again...presumably in the hope that we get it "right" this time!
Labour won't rule out second referendum on European Union | Politics | The Guardian
Old 23-07-2016, 19:24   #1089
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The majority of Labour steve are the reason i will never again vote Labour in a general election. sad to say. and thats after a lifetime of supporting em.
Wynonie Harris and hilleluk like this.
Old 23-07-2016, 19:37   #1090

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Incredible. The shadow Foreign Secretary, a typical member of the snotty-nosed, Hampstead Heath chattering classes, seems to think we should have to vote again...presumably in the hope that we get it "right" this time!
Labour won't rule out second referendum on European Union | Politics | The Guardian
This woman would have never been anywhere near a position of power if the Labour party had stood firm behind its leader..

Owen whatshisface says we all voted out because of the 350million promised to the NHS and also thinks we should have a second referendum.....

So....

And this sticks in my throat..us working class, ordinary folk, who think that the EU is corrupt to the core should vote Tory!
Old 23-07-2016, 22:17   #1091

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
This woman would have never been anywhere near a position of power if the Labour party had stood firm behind its leader..

Owen whatshisface says we all voted out because of the 350million promised to the NHS and also thinks we should have a second referendum.....

So....

And this sticks in my throat..us working class, ordinary folk, who think that the EU is corrupt to the core should vote Tory!
I am desperate enough to vote for anyone that could perhaps be honest with 5% of us, the other 95% deserve whats given by the bull**** they believe is the truth.

We the people voted, we were all surprised the vote went brexit, but it did, democracy states that we go with the majority, not that we try again until the vote goes the way politicians think it should.

Anyone demanding a second referendum is NOT acting democratically and should be ignored.
Old 24-07-2016, 15:21   #1092

Daily Mail headline today reads: Finally an EU deal on Immigration! Plan to offer Britain a seven year migration opt-out, which would still give UK access to Europe's single market.
Mrs May should make a statement as soon as possible, saying Brexit is Brexit, and this will not be happening.
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 15:25   #1093
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Doubt very much if she will even comment on that somehow.
Old 24-07-2016, 15:38   #1094

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Doubt very much if she will even comment on that somehow.
Why Not? This would be going against the Democratic vote of the people, who voted for Brexit. The Government should comment, and give us there view.
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 16:45   #1095
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilleluk View Post
Why Not? This would be going against the Democratic vote of the people, who voted for Brexit. The Government should comment, and give us there view.
Torys are even harder to trust than Labour is why not imho

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..