Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2016, 13:02   #1156
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yet Article 50 does NOT need to be triggered to leave the E.U. Fact, Also the Media have NEVER latched onto that fact,
Depends which media you look to for your information, my preferred sources being BBL & the DE (Yeah, yeah, right leaning , knuckle dragging, Ists according to the frothing lefties) I also read relevant articles from limp wristed lefty, virtue signalling rags too, like the Indie or Gnonad as options. As to the "UK News Channels", not a great deal of choice really, they're out & out lefty propaganda mills, I'll get more balanced sense from RT or Euronews.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 05-12-2016 at 13:04.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-12-2016, 13:22   #1157
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Depends which media you look to for your information, my preferred sources being BBL & the DE (Yeah, yeah, right leaning , knuckle dragging, Ists according to the frothing lefties) I also read relevant articles from limp wristed lefty, virtue signalling rags too, like the Indie or Gnonad as options. As to the "UK News Channels", not a great deal of choice really, they're out & out lefty propaganda mills, I'll get more balanced sense from RT or Euronews.
I was actually referring to the television media dave, yeh know those who love to latch on to any old rubbish and make a big song and dance over stuff they view as wrong.
Old 05-12-2016, 13:32   #1158
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
I was actually referring to the television media dave, yeh know those who love to latch on to any old rubbish and make a big song and dance over stuff they view as wrong.
Ain't that the truth!
cashman likes this.
Old 05-12-2016, 14:25   #1159
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Just a wee note on the bias of the media (tabloids in particular)try typing in the name Maria Ladenburger, (I was using google) the young German lass who was recently raped & murdered by one of Merkels "Child immigrants", the GCP also think he may have been involved in a prior case not far from Freiburg.

What is immediately noticeable when scanning the titles of the publications & news sources, both domestic & foreign, is the distinct lack of entries from the likes of BBC, Indie & Gnonad. Now, forgive me if I'm wrong, but my belief was that these bastions of the left & democracy, diversity & equality would be screaming outrage at such brutality to a young female ...... that lack of outrage & the ensuing silence confirms (for me at least) their lies & hypocrisy.
Old 06-12-2016, 19:25   #1160
God Member

Quote:
Just a wee note on the bias of the media (tabloids in particular)try typing in the name Maria Ladenburger, (I was using google) the young German lass who was recently raped & murdered by one of Merkels "Child immigrants"

What is immediately noticeable..... is the distinct lack of entries from the likes of BBC,..... that lack of outrage & the ensuing silence confirms (for me at least) their lies & hypocrisy.
Ain't that the truth, indeed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (80.4 KB, 6 views)
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 20:34   #1161
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Absolutely marvellous, the remoaners bellyaching got them what they wanted through their threats, a discussion on Leave, again! But DisMay gave it to them with a caveat & as aresult they've been shafted by their own petulance! Such sweet Irony.

Article 50: MPs approve Government amendment to begin EU divorce talks by end of March | Politics | News | Daily Express

Still there's 89 perpetual whiners stealing oxygen that need showing the door ASAP, note them well folks & when the chance arrives show them their arses.
Old 07-12-2016, 22:06   #1162
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Anyone who votes for any of those 89, are not British Democratic people they are complete stupid balloons as far as i and many are concerned. Seems also there were 50 Abstentions , they should be treated EXACTLY the same.

Last edited by cashman; 07-12-2016 at 22:15.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 06:52   #1163
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Seems also there were 50 Abstentions
Hedging their bets I'm sure, noticeable amongst the absentees Accys own chosen parliamentarian ... speaketh that not volumes?
cashman likes this.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:08   #1164
Beacon of light

Well an absentee is marginally better than those 89, in that they didn't actually vote against the government...but they are to be treated with suspicion as those who are not for us must be deemed to be against us.
Personally, I would NEVER vote for our current sitting MP ever again.
He has not lived up to the expectations of the town.he may be a very nice man, but as an MP he is pants!
cashman and Morecambe Ex Pat like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:51   #1165
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

The much awaited revolution, starting in Sleaford & North Hykeham appears to be more of a quarter turn as a full revolution in this instance. The cleansing flail of righteousness in the form of a resurgent UKIP was weighed, measured & found sorely wanting on Thursday.

Admittedly not as wanting as the Limp dumbs & Liebour whose showing was extremely poor, along with the voter turn out at 37%. The Tories easily held their position against the challengers, but in the long run it's not going to help the people of Slea & N Hyke.

Because of their apathy, the staus quo is maintained & as such the creeping "enrichment", coming to these shores, will eventually encroach & smother these complacent denizens in their rural idyll. Ah well, there's no cure for foolishness.

Sleaford and North Hykeham by-election: Dr Caroline Johnson holds seat for Tories as Labour heads towards 'electoral disaster'
cashman likes this.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:38   #1166
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
The much awaited revolution, starting in Sleaford & North Hykeham appears to be more of a quarter turn as a full revolution in this instance. The cleansing flail of righteousness in the form of a resurgent UKIP was weighed, measured & found sorely wanting on Thursday.

Admittedly not as wanting as the Limp dumbs & Liebour whose showing was extremely poor, along with the voter turn out at 37%. The Tories easily held their position against the challengers, but in the long run it's not going to help the people of Slea & N Hyke.

Because of their apathy, the staus quo is maintained & as such the creeping "enrichment", coming to these shores, will eventually encroach & smother these complacent denizens in their rural idyll. Ah well, there's no cure for foolishness.

Sleaford and North Hykeham by-election: Dr Caroline Johnson holds seat for Tories as Labour heads towards 'electoral disaster'
Those who voted against article 50, along with those who abstained are in the main to blame for the BIG DECLINE in Labour in my view, and they are too conceited to grasp that fact, Sadly myself and quite a few people i know, will NEVER vote for them again, whilst fools that seem only to listen to the arse kissers rather than the ordinary Labour voters remain in office. thats my 2 pennyworth.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:46   #1167
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Those who voted against article 50, along with those who abstained are in the main to blame for the BIG DECLINE in Labour in my view, and they are too conceited to grasp that fact, Sadly myself and quite a few people i know, will NEVER vote for them again, whilst fools that seem only to listen to the arse kissers rather than the ordinary Labour voters remain in office. thats my 2 pennyworth.
It's a party that lost it's way quite a while ago, seems to have as many millionaires and wannabe millionaires as the Tories, which means they are more influenced by greed than their party members and the ordinary people that would at one time traditionally vote for them, (fortunately despite their lack education these folk have woken up to this fact and no longer support these graspers).

I suggest that Labour starts a campaign to remove these greedy members and get back to grass roots, distribute a few hearing aids and start listening to people again instead of telling them they are too stupid to understand.

I nominate the following as the Chairman to organise this:-

and to assist him at a local level this 'loyal member':-

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 11:20   #1168
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Have just listened to Blairs arrogant drivel this morning, basically he says he understands Brexit us ignoramuses dont. Well ive got news for him, and its probably the same for many people i think! when i voted leave, i never imagined it would be easy or straightforward, but as far as i was concerned in the long run,it would would be much better, especially for my grandchildren, also i know quite a good few who voted remain, who have told me "Now" they are happy to leave, for various reasons, many being the bullshine they have been fed from the media, so me for one hope Blair carries on gobbing off, cos i think it will put more people on the leave bus.
Old 17-02-2017, 11:40   #1169
Beacon of light

I cannot find words to say how I feel about this oxygen thief.
It was also in the Accrington Observer this week that 20% had changed their minds about how they voted in the referendum...though it was not clear how they had changed their minds, whether it was'for' or 'against'.
Like you Cashy, I never thought for one minute that it would be easy, or for that matter without some cost, but knowing this did not change my vote in the least.

Tony Blair is an arrogant man who thinks he knows more than the electorate..But he does not live the life that the majority of us live so he is in no position to judge us, or for that matter to tell us how we should think, act or vote.

I also think this is a misguided attempt to put him back in the public eye. I wish he were in the public stocks. I would be the first to throw a to,ato at him...and it would tinned(jumbo catering size).
I hate the man for what he has done to this country.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 11:49   #1170
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I could find the words, but i dont want to be banned Margaret,

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..