Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-11-2016, 12:24   #1141
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Of course many politicians didn't want us to leave the EU.
They had good reasons to want us to stay...it means that if something is wrong they have an organisation(which is severely mistrusted by the General public) to blame. It means that they don't have to work hard formulating rules, regulations, laws by which we live.
It means that many of these politicians can jump on the EU gravy train when their careers in the POW is over..a lucrative future is almost guaranteed.

Of course the exit from the EU is made to look difficult. These people want us to believe that they have a role to play in this difficult process. A role that only they( the political elite) can undertake.
And, in the great scheme of things son, who do you think would do this process better?
We have the government we've got until the next election...who knows what will happen after that...?

The vote to leave the EU was a huge shock to our political elite. They really thought that we, the electorate would be cowed into believing that we would never survive outside of this nasty corrupt organisation
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-11-2016, 12:53   #1142
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

The eu Army just got a step closer despite the eu shills squealingly & shrilly denying such an outcome as lies & panic mongering from the Brexit advocates. Yesterday evening MEP's met to discuss said policy, now according to some it's not a done deal (really?) as it still requires ratification by member states. ( Yeah well, in that case it's a done deal, since when has the eu let members rejection get in the way of pushing through their specific agenda)

DAWN OF EU ARMY: MEPs APPROVE new £420million-a-year SUPER FORCE to defend Europe | World | News | Daily Express

And for all those millennial snowflakes who scurry off to their "safe space" when someones opinion or disagreeing with their liberal world view "traumatises" them, you're going to be in a whole world of Über-anguish when your conscription papers land on your doormat!

What? You didn't realise you'd be conscripted? Well you can thank that marvellous lefty liberal icon Gordon "the Moron" Broon for signing us up to the Lisbon treaty ...... it's all there, nice & inclusive in that one eu document.

Should've voted with the Brexiteers/Kipperists then shouldn't ya!
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 22-11-2016, 13:11   #1143
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
And, in the great scheme of things son, who do you think would do this process better?
Had the question been posed 6-8 months earlier I'd of had no hesitation in endorsing UKIP, but over the intervening months they've become divided & fractious, not good as party & not good as party to redeem & save the Uk from past political ineptitude.

Hopefully they'll get themselves squared away in the near future & if Arron Banks comes up "Trumps" with his new proposal (see below) just maybe a UKIP+Indie allegiance could well make inroads into our, at present, morally corrupt political cesspool.

Trump?s UK allies put Remain MPs in their sights ? POLITICO
Less and cashman like this.
Old 22-11-2016, 13:20   #1144
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thats a very interesting read, just hope it comes to pass. have doubts cos it will be a very hard swamp to drain, but fingers crossed.
Old 22-11-2016, 14:06   #1145
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Banks’ declaration, after meeting Trump, that he wanted to “drain the swamp” of the House of Commons by standing 200 candidates against 200 of “the worst, most corrupt MPs,”
It will be interesting to see whom will be targeted as the 'corrupt 200', that will only leave 450 less corrupt M.P.'s to target at a later date.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 14:34   #1146
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats a very interesting read, just hope it comes to pass. have doubts cos it will be a very hard swamp to drain, but fingers crossed.
Yes and it is a hard job to remember you are in there to drain the swamp when you are up to your eyeballs in crocodiles. Good luck with that one.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2016, 21:22   #1147
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

So UKIP are now under new management, Paul Nuttall a Bootleite (not far from our house) is now the main player for the kippers, he talks the business more or less but not to everyones tastes. It now remains to be seen if he can run the course or will he jack it like James?

Whatever he does he needs to get a grip on the party PDQ, reaffirm the goals & reassure the wayward that he, his crew & the party will be going where the supporters want it to go, in the process getting their she-ite squared away to pressure dithering dismay, screwing down hard & ruthless on the dismal liebour incompetents & picking up all their disenchanted ex supporters.

The lads on trial as of now, I do hope he can live up to & maybe even exceed the expectations that kipper converts are quietly but impatiently waiting for.
Old 30-11-2016, 09:36   #1148

Was down in Kent 2014 when they were getting a Ukip guy in. Amidst all the tv camera crews I nipped into the Ukip office to ask for some info to read on the train home and after asking for a bag of handouts the staff inside didn't really have a clue what they did or didn't have. A few moments later I was accosted by a tv presenter for my thoughts on the election result to which I said if that office is anything to go by the new local MP wont ave a clue!
Old 30-11-2016, 10:16   #1149
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPastry View Post
Was down in Kent 2014 when they were getting a Ukip guy in.
'Scuse me! But Kent happens to be a fair old size from my recollection, could you be a bit more precise as to the constituency? Opining on a single office & just after a vote (European Parliament at that) doesn't automatically define how things will pan out now does it? Just poke your nose in to the local region & I'm pretty sure you'll find similar incidences from other politicoes & parties.

UKIP storm to first place in Kent as European election results revealed for South East
Old 01-12-2016, 11:47   #1150
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPastry View Post
?...after asking for a bag of handouts the staff inside didn't really have a clue what they did or didn't have.
That's outrageous, Mr. Pastry.
Most political party have millions of leaflets to give away, asked for or not, and every word in them is true and every promise made is fulfilled.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 12:12   #1151
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

also many of staff in all political partys offices tend to be volunteers,
Old 01-12-2016, 14:04   #1152
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Hopefully this week-end will give Brexit a boost & a further kick in the teeth to the corrupt EU due to a 2 pronged attack. Italy is to vote on Renzis (an EU plant) tenure & ideas, as it stands he's expected to be shown his arse allowing 5Star to step in, they want a return to the lire & fiscal control back in the hands of the Eyties, there's also a somewhat Euro sceptic attitude running through its core followers.

Then a little further north & we've got Austria & their re-run (after alleged dubious behaviour from the libs/left) for the presidential position, mainly symbolic but interesting none the less. Hofer leaning towards national issues, less EU & Van der Bellen, Europhile greeny. (I know who I want to win) Despite it being as mentioned, mainly symbolic, it has a definite bearing on where Austria will go in the near future. If Hofer wins, a referendum on the EU & elections are a possibility with the eventual removal of Austria from the EU. Should Van der Bellen take it, Austria can resign itself to even more EU & immigration.

All you need to know about Austria's presidential election

So late Sunday early Monday I'm assuming Junker & his cronies will be seething over these damned miserable un-European, Europeans!
Old 03-12-2016, 17:40   #1153
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Further to the above post in reference to the Austrian presidential elections, the lefty hand wringing snowflakes were to have a 1000 plus protester march today, all to rail against the evil nazi Hofer & his views, must've been a tad cold in Vienna today.

Anti-Hofer Demo Flops after Fewer Protesters Turn up Than Journalists and Police

Must've been twinned with the Uk school of lefty "No, not soap" remoaner students against Brexit, that didn't bother their arses to vote but whinge like bitches when things don't go their way.
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:39   #1154
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

So the Austrians & Italians have done their dirty little deeds, Austria going with the same ol' same ol' mainly brought about by the influence of the major cities & their bubble mentality (fools to themselves). And the Italians have actually displayed a modicum of common sense by binning Renzi, result, the upper echelons are all in a quandry & the "Fuhrerin Merkel & Stab" are no doubt quite perturbed with the outcome.

Meanwhile over the week-end in the good old UK, the feeble minded are still in denial (Smegg, Fannyon, Bliar) spouting their foolishness. And Gawd 'elp us, Daisy DisMay prepares to face the (EU leaning) Supreme court to bang out the actual abstruseness of the vocabulary of article 50! Furthermore the traitors within (Davis & BoJo) are seen sliding on the actual definition of "Out means out!" to "Well actually,we could ....."

Enter the enraged Scouser! On hearing the duplicitous whinings from aforesaid Davis & Johnson, Mr.Paul (Bootle Scally) Nuttall the new Kipper boss chucks his two pennorth worth into the mix. Threatening Jezzer CorpyBin & the Abbotpotamous that their acolytes are now fair game & ripe for targeting from here on in up to 2020 & he's got his beady little eyeballs (all 4 of 'em) on DisMay & her crew of "Brexit means Brexit" sort of, kinda, maybe, if I really must Brexiters? (Judge them by their actions).

According to the "Bootle Scally" the rise of the Patriot begins this Thursday 8th Dec in that much lauded metropolis Sleaford & North Hykeham! (Er ... Where exactly?) For those requiring enlightenment, Slea & N-Hyke lies in the heart of "Bomber command" Country, Lincolnshire, just south of Lincoln & about 45 miles west of Skeggy (Lawd save us)!

Now, if anywhere should & would have patriotic roots, this surely must be the place right? A County that watched & counted the brave youth (ours & our allies) out & counted the diminished numbers back in after they'd sallied forth day & night in defence of our realm in the dark days of the 1940's. I do truly hope, for the sake of the UK, that there still exists in this area a strong spirit, willing, to once again fight back against the rising darkness crawling out from an ever more overbearing oppressive Germany dominated Europe.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:09   #1155
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

We have now got 4 Days of nonsense with the judges, yet Article 50 does NOT need to be triggered to leave the E.U. Fact, Also the Media have NEVER latched onto that fact, do yeh NOT find that very odd? cos i do, it says everything to me about the people with a bob or two,

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..