Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-07-2017, 12:18   #1246

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Corbyn, Jones, Sturgeon, are determined they will put every obstacle they can to change the terms of the Referendum
monkey hanger likes this.
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-07-2017, 13:31   #1247
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I just wish Blair would sod off and quietly die.
X10 with bells & knobs on! But not totally quietly, I'd love to hear his petulant whining being wound up as he bleats out his last "Why doesn't anybody like me?"
cashman likes this.
Old 17-07-2017, 08:23   #1248
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I can honestly say I despise Blair as much as i did Thatcher, and i never thought that would ever be possible,
same for me but i did think thatcher was truthful, but blair, made arthur daley look honest.
hilleluk likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 17:28   #1249
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
same for me but i did think thatcher was truthful, but blair, made arthur daley look honest.
Thatcher was viscious and out for revenge against the miners, she didn't care about communities she destroyed many and as for her assistant with his 'get on yer bike' attitude, nah I got on my bike, moved several times attempting to find work, ended up in areas I didn't know and lowe and behold, if you did find work you had to put up with last in first out attitude when she squeezed the last from companies.

So there folk were stuck in towns they didn't know amongst strangers whose families would naturally find jobs for their own rather than someone they didn't know.

Yes, and all done wasting the money being made from the North sea oil and gas boom that could have been used far better.

The best thing I did was scrimp and scrape until I could come back to Accrington, not the best place in the world but amongst folk I know and a far better place to be unemployed than some of the drug ridden theiving places I had forced my family to live in.
pallyman likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 17:37   #1250

Can't agree with you Less. Margaret Thatcher was the best PM this country has had in my lifetime. Waiting for the PELTERS. Now if you had said TONY BLAIR I would have agreed
Old 17-07-2017, 18:52   #1251
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I have to disagree strongly with the statement Thatcher was truthful, the Belgrano is a good example of that evil cows truth, she also set the police on the miners, i saw the injurys to women @ children when they smashed to bits a soup kitchen run by women @ kids inYorkshire, the best thing that evil bitch ever did was DIE. I can also recall a conversation between 2 policemen in Burnley saying thanks to Thatcher they were getting much overtime to beat miners up, if some people think she was the best, they know nothing of what occured during the miners strike, if they did know they didn't care a jot.
pallyman likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 17-07-2017 at 18:56.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 07:43   #1252

Scargill is a Hypocrite of the highest order
Old 18-07-2017, 09:25   #1253
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilleluk View Post
Scargill is a Hypocrite of the highest order
Which is what to do with Thatcher being an evil bitch?also scargill was correct but underestimated the pit closures, he may have gone about it the wrong way but there was more pits closed than he ever predicted.
pallyman likes this.
Old 18-07-2017, 10:22   #1254
God Member

think that thatcher really divided opinion throught the country. some in non mining areas thought it was a war she had to win to smash all union power and others wanted her to fail big style. what got me one day when i went to a pub quiz and the answer to a question was margeret thatcher. the shouting of good old maggie, wish she was back etc. astounded me as most of the people there were on minimum wage and not what i,d class as a typical tory voter if there is one. plenty of rumours going round in south yorkshire at the time and the main one was that not all the coppers at orgreave and other places were not actually coppers but the army in police uniforms.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 18-07-2017, 17:26   #1255

Quote:
Can't agree with you Less. Margaret Thatcher was the best PM this country has had in my lifetime. Waiting for the PELTERS. Now if you had said TONY BLAIR I would have agreed
I have no objection that you disagree with me, perhaps you were in a secure job during that time and therefore thought screw you Jack I'm O.K.?

I however along with many, many more were crapped on from a great height by that bitch, anything we as a family have acheived since then was despite her and her kind, I don't consider Blair to have proved himself anything but a self seaking liar, but she went out of her way to ruin the lives of many ordinary folk, the two of them are different but equally despicable blights on our history.
cashman likes this.
Old 19-07-2017, 08:13   #1256
God Member

the thing about the thatcher years is that there were many loosers big style but others never have had it so good. same with areas of the country as well. a lot of it was to do with where you lived and what you did. remember going on a train journey between birmingham to wolverhampton in the mid eighties and seeing all the delerict factories in various states of demolition throught the journey. go down south and you thought you were in a different country.
Old 19-07-2017, 09:39   #1257
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
the thing about the thatcher years is that there were many loosers big style but others never have had it so good. same with areas of the country as well. a lot of it was to do with where you lived and what you did. remember going on a train journey between birmingham to wolverhampton in the mid eighties and seeing all the delerict factories in various states of demolition throught the journey. go down south and you thought you were in a different country.
What the bitch actually did was create a SELFISH society, and its gone even worse over time. imho.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 19-07-2017, 13:51   #1258

Yawn
Old 20-07-2017, 07:55   #1259

Quote:
Yawn
Is that the best you can do as a reply to the criticism of your Goddess?

Couldn't you have come up with something to prove that she was, as you claim, the best P.M. we ever had?
cashman likes this.
Old 20-07-2017, 08:44   #1260

Yesterday afternoon I was looking at Youtube, sometimes they have a Recommend for you, there is was Glenda Jackson's speech in the House of Commons about Margaret Thatchers Death, I remembered it was a shocking speech, but chose toe watch it again. It was worse the second time around. I then went to Accy Web, yours was the first comment I read, YAWN just summed up your post. Margaret Thatcher is not my Goddess, she was, in my opinion a Great Prime Minister.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..