Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2017, 09:00   #1216
Senior Member+

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I have just been watching a proclamation by a former President of Czechoslovakia, saying its time to leave the E.U. and he gives damn good reasons why they should, be very interesting to see what if anything develops from this i reckon,
I read that the Polish PM or President said that Poland will leave the EU rather than accept any migrants, I think that was a result of a poll, even though the majority would prefer to Remain, but not if it means accepting migrants
Accrington Web
Old 08-07-2017, 09:16   #1217
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
I read that the Polish PM or President said that Poland will leave the EU rather than accept any migrants, I think that was a result of a poll, even though the majority would prefer to Remain, but not if it means accepting migrants
Now there is a politico looking out for his land & people. (If just a tad necky, as it's alright for his folk to go wandering all over europe in particular the UK, but he'll not have no "Gimmegrants & rapefugees" at his house, actually quite a smart move though)
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:26   #1218
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1197033]The thing about many of those younger generation is that they did not vote.

think a lot did and some actually wanted to bring in a lower voteing age limit to attempt to get their own way in the referemdum. could be due that most of the people the youngsters follow pop stars and media luvvies were all for remain.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:33   #1219
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1197039]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The thing about many of those younger generation is that they did not vote.

think a lot did and some actually wanted to bring in a lower voteing age limit to attempt to get their own way in the referemdum. could be due that most of the people the youngsters follow pop stars and media luvvies were all for remain.
Or also it could be they are so sodding Naive they are clueless. like we did when we were young, know it all, but know nowt.
KiTChener and maxthecollie like this.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:56   #1220

[QUOTE=cashman;1197040]
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
Or also it could be they are so sodding Naive they are clueless. like we did when we were young, know it all, but know nowt.
You're so right, Cashy, when I think back to when I was 18-21, my political views were so much different than they are today.

I think it's called life experience!
monkey hanger likes this.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:10   #1221
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

[QUOTE=cashman;1197040]
Quote:
Or also it could be they are so sodding Naive they are clueless.
Again all down to the social marxism control of the msm, schools & outfits like the bbc, aided & abetted by successive governments dumbing down education standards, twisting standards, morales & attitudes to pursue their agenda. Changing what was "our" normal into something unpalatable & to be disdained & rejected by the new generation of coffee coloured, unthinking, unquestioning, subservient, nation less, malleable drones. Coudenhove-Kalergi anyone?

http://www.disclose.tv/news/the_kale...d_trump/131637

Looks like the plan is in full swing, but once again the true British Have stood firm against another wave of aggression to our culture & ways via Brexit, but it's an uphill struggle, especially when we're fighting an enemy from within at the same time as the enemy from without!
Old 08-07-2017, 10:33   #1222
God Member

seems as anyone is allowed a culture but the british.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:35   #1223
God Member

[QUOTE=cashman;1197040]
Quote:
agree but there,s a number that will use em and promise em anything for their own ends.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:53   #1224
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Some of those students that did vote VOTED TWICE, that should be investigated and prosecutions should happen.
Cashy that was in the general election, not the referendum.

Yes, any fraudulent voting should be investigated...but it won't change the current situation.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:00   #1225
Beacon of light

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1197039]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The thing about many of those younger generation is that they did not vote.

I was talking about the referendum...and the younger people did not vote in the large numbers that we saw in the general election.

Maybe that is because the EU were not promising to have a money tree they could shake and pay for everything.

The large turnout of students for the General Election was because they wanted all their own way and a bag to put it in...and Jeremy Corbyn promised them this....knowing that there was a likelihood he would never have to live up to these promises....and if he had got in....well, then he would have just driven the UK even deeper in debt....or driven those who he considers 'rich' to distant shores....taking their money with them.
He would have had to break many of his promises...but in the process he would have bankrupted the U.K.

YOU CANNOT HAVE WHAT YOU CANNOT PAY FOR!
This is a concept which is alien to many people who live on 'tick'
Old 08-07-2017, 11:06   #1226
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
especially when we're fighting an enemy from within at the same time as the enemy from without!
The enemy within is the most pernicious and the most damaging.
Defeating them takes a lot of cunning and resolve.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:08   #1227
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1197047]
Quote:

YOU CANNOT HAVE WHAT YOU CANNOT PAY FOR!
This is a concept which is alien to many people who live on 'tick'
Unless of coarse you fall for the rubbish Corbyn was promising.
KiTChener and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:13   #1228
God Member

but don,t worry folks you know that our lives have been enriched through all the multiculturism we have in this country. they keep on telling us all this all the time eventually we will all believe in this brave new world created for us by our politicians over the last 50 odd years.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:57   #1229
Senior Member+

I read yesterday that McDonnel has appointed a new Chief of Staff, which I believe is funded by the taxpayers. Is it by coincidence that his family name is Corbyn?
maxthecollie likes this.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:27   #1230
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
I read yesterday that McDonnel has appointed a new Chief of Staff, which I believe is funded by the taxpayers. Is it by coincidence that his family name is Corbyn?
Not at all its Corbyns son.
maxthecollie likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..