Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-06-2016, 18:43   #961
God Member

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
...the credit rating agency Standard and Poor have been wrong in the past about the economic growth of this country....
Just watched "The Big Short" last night. If you want the reality about the self-appointed Credit Rating Agencies take time to watch it.
It'll make you madder than a hare in March, or at least it should if you care about the way we have all been, are being, and will continue to be shafted by the global investment banks and their sycophantic agencies like S&M and Moody's.
Every time I hear on the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation that some foreign-owned investment bank is threatening to send staff to another country because of the LEAVE vote, I give a hearty cheer. Send 'em all to Las Vegas where they belong.
cashman likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-06-2016, 19:03   #962
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The times i have heard that,is as many as the times they say after- we aint gonna send anyone.
Old 29-06-2016, 20:14   #963
Beacon of light

and it is those same banks that lobby the big cheeses in the Eu so that the banks agendas are fulfilled.
Goldman Sachs fudged the figures about the greek economy when Greece was trying to gain entry to the Eu...had they not done this Greece would never have met the criteria for entry.
I don't think I could bear to watch your recommendation...my blood pressure would not stand it...and the TV might come a cropper.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2016, 21:54   #964
God Member

Was Carney still with Goldman Sachs when that happened? Odds on it'll be that or another investment bank he creeps off to after he's finished trousering his pay from Osborne.
Old 29-06-2016, 23:43   #965
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Was Carney still with Goldman Sachs when that happened?
No. He was Governor of The Bank of Canada. He first joined as Deputy Governor in 2003.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2016, 07:41   #966
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Notice once again "Obamas" sticking his oar in! and telling us and the E.U. how to sort the exit out!! never realised he was Ruler of the world.
Old 30-06-2016, 09:58   #967
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Notice once again "Obamas" sticking his oar in! and telling us and the E.U. how to sort the exit out!! never realised he was Ruler of the world.
Now be fair, there could yet be undiscovered tribes in the Amazon rain forest he hasn't felt he needs to interfere with.
maxthecollie likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2016, 11:27   #968
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Now be fair, there could yet be undiscovered tribes in the Amazon rain forest he hasn't felt he needs to interfere with.
Aye only cos he dont know about em.
Old 30-06-2016, 11:37   #969
God Member

The US national political system is almost designed to be gridlocked into inactivity. As a result many recent US Presidents seem to have had little ability to change things at home so they travel the world telling others how to behave and/or drop bombs on some of them when they don't.
Of course the founding fathers of the US of E got round that problem by making the European Parliament powerless, but well remunerated, so that it can't frustrate the unelected executive.
Old 30-06-2016, 11:47   #970
Beacon of light

Just thought I would pass on some good news...the FTSE is actually HIGHER than it was before the referendum result...shares have gained everything they lost in the panicky hours after ...some of them have even gone up in value.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2016, 12:01   #971
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Yeh know we have been watching the news for a couple of hours now Margaret and that aint been mentioned once, what a shock,
Old 30-06-2016, 12:18   #972
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Aye only cos he dont know about em.
Wouldn't it be grand if he took a year or so off to go look for 'em?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2016, 12:21   #973
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Wouldn't it be grand if he took a year or so off to go look for 'em?
Not sure Less, the 2 front runners fer the next un worry me even more than him.
Less likes this.
Old 30-06-2016, 14:17   #974
God Member

Quote:
Yeh know we have been watching the news for a couple of hours now Margaret and that aint been mentioned once, what a shock,
C'mon, Cashy, we can't be having the BBC breaking the terms of its charter by broadcasting good news for the UK economy.
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Old 30-06-2016, 14:20   #975
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
C'mon, Cashy, we can't be having the BBC breaking the terms of its charter by broadcasting good news for the UK economy.
True they would rather show all the dickheads that cant understand democracy.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..