Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2023, 14:18   #46

Re: Where have the blogs gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Like you Dorothy, I have no green thumb.
It was once said of me that I could kill silk plants with neglect…but I can grow weeds!
Dandelion salads are supposed to be good for you Marge even though my Mother insisted that they, (how shall we say) made you (wee wee),I think ? is what she said
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-02-2023, 14:23   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Yes Roy is busy (making a living) he's working down under at the moment (no he won't have time to visit Dottie) I'm sure when he gets back he'll look into the blogs meanwhile, if instead of complaining about the football site, people were to do as you suggest, i.e. put some interesting threads on, maybe, just maybe others will join in.

I know I would.
Tek up suppin Hobgoblin Less, always interesting to see the bottom of a pint glass
Old 19-02-2023, 14:32   #48
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Tek up suppin Hobgoblin Less, always interesting to see the bottom of a pint glass
No thanks, I prefer Suppin' in pubs with real folk, and a pint glass is always more interesting when full, an empty glass needs to be forgotten and replaced.
cashman likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2023, 14:56   #49
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Dandelion salads are supposed to be good for you Marge even though my Mother insisted that they, (how shall we say) made you (wee wee),I think ? is what she said
They aren’t dandelions Taddy, they are something that lies close to the ground…
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2023, 16:45   #50

Quote:
No thanks, I prefer Suppin' in pubs with real folk, and a pint glass is always more interesting when full, an empty glass needs to be forgotten and replaced.
I also sup in a pub, where the away supporters come to see the "original" ground that was where the "original", Accrington Stanley used to play and where as a schoolboy I once played in an Inter School football match, not the "new" so called local pub on Whalley Road.
Old 19-02-2023, 23:12   #51
Full Member+

Quote:
instead of complaining about the football site

It wasn't a complaint, more of an observation that Stanley related threads have 297,762 posts compared to 338,270 posts in General Chat Forum and that Stanley related threads seem to get more traction on the forum.
Margaret Pilkington and taddy like this.
Old 20-02-2023, 03:44   #52

Less, it doesn’t really matter how many Stanley threads there are, what matters is there are never enough other threads going. You are right, we must all do our bit to make it interesting and to encourage more contributors.

By the way, I am sorry Roy won’t have time to drop in. I would have given him a reet nice cup of tay, would have been happy to make him a brew, and maybe would have thrown in a chip butty for good measure. Never mind, he’ll never know what he’s missing.

One more thing, we are real folk too…..
Margaret Pilkington and taddy like this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2023, 08:10   #53
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryewolf90 View Post
It wasn't a complaint, more of an observation that Stanley related threads have 297,762 posts compared to 338,270 posts in General Chat Forum and that Stanley related threads seem to get more traction on the forum.
When AccyWeb was at its height there were many topics and threads, they made the Stanley site look small by comparison.
I would suggest that the Stanley site hasn't increased their number of posts just they are probably the same as they were. What is obvious is AccyWeb posts have decreased, this can't possibly be blamed on the Stanley Forum it is due to the lack of input from us, the remaining members.

Right I leave you now I've found life out there far more stimulating than life on here, if you ever crack the problem (and you won't do that by blaming others) I might bob back occasionally, do enjoy.

Last edited by Less; 20-02-2023 at 08:14.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2023, 08:59   #54
Beacon of light

Less, you are right in what you say about the posts to the Stanley part of the forum LOOKING to be more because there is less participation in the other part of the forum.

And while you are telling us that we should be posting threads and posts, you yourself are saying that you might pop in from time to time to see if there is anything of interest.
Well, that is not exactly what you are telling us we should be doing….and yes, you will tell E that it is your personal choice, but if we all do what you are going to do then there WILL be nothing to come on the site for….unless of course you are a football fan.

You have in the past, been a great poster and although I may not agree with your thoughts on things, I always found your viewpoint interesting.
We need more people with diverse views on topics of the day, coming and posting.
People like you.
You find life out there more stimulating than on here…..yet you blame the remaining members for this…..you are one of those too.
dotti34 likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 20-02-2023 at 09:01.
Old 20-02-2023, 10:13   #55
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

There are far less posts on the stanley forum these days, people that dont use it would not be aware of it i think.
Old 20-02-2023, 10:18   #56
Beacon of light

Cashy, there are less posts all round but the proportion of thread are to the Stanley part of the forum….because that is what interests those posters.

There are those of us who have bern here a while that have little interest in football and it makes it hardly worth visiting when you see only posts to Stanley.

I have tried posting threads that might get some posts, but they disappear pretty quickly.
Obviously, they must have no merit in the Stanley circle.
dotti34 and taddy like this.
Old 20-02-2023, 12:46   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
They aren’t dandelions Taddy, they are something that lies close to the ground…
I like the new Avatar Marge
Old 20-02-2023, 14:03   #58
Beacon of light

Well, I don’t, but I can’t do anything about it for now.
The system does not accept custom avatars
Old 20-02-2023, 15:10   #59

Oh Dear, Hazel sometimes uses the phrase, "Well I don't" but it's usually when her knicker's are twisted.
Old 20-02-2023, 15:25   #60
Beacon of light

Thanks Taddy…that made me chuckle on a grey old day.
taddy likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..