Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-08-2008, 06:30   #31

Re: Botox

Beauty hasn't got anything to do with the way you look. Its an attitude, its the way you look at life, not the way life looks at you. My mum is in her 80's and has never had anything done to her appearance and she is THE most beautiful woman I have ever seen. She has grace, composure and dignity, shes lovely, shes kind, sensitive and caring she is truly a beautiful person.
So I would say no to botox.
Old 13-08-2008, 06:52   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibi View Post
dont mind a bit of pain
could'nt agree more , karma due
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 08:02   #33
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
could'nt agree more , karma due
I was looking for a nice picture for you, of someone having needles stuck in their eyes, since you like pain, when I came across this.

Cosmetic Acupuncture - Reduce Signs Of Aging, Facial Acupuncture

Which might actually be an alternative to having Botox.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 12:29   #34

For more info on Botox check out LASIK BOTOX Cosmetic Plastic Surgery Eyelids Blepharoplasty.
karenswl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 17:22   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I was looking for a nice picture for you, of someone having needles stuck in their eyes, since you like pain, when I came across this.

Cosmetic Acupuncture - Reduce Signs Of Aging, Facial Acupuncture

Which might actually be an alternative to having Botox.
ooh now this might be worth thinking about I would like to point out my lines are not that bad people are probably thinking i'm a prune or raisin or I have a face like a deflated ballon...

The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed .......Sebastine Chamford
fibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 17:24   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmc View Post
How does that work ???? eyes open, you jump up and go to the mirror, only to see that in fact you're dead ......... hang on, how did you get out of bed or open you're eyes even....
It could happen!!!! in my world anyway it's lovely in fibi land anythings possible

The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed .......Sebastine Chamford
Old 13-08-2008, 18:03   #37
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

oooo look what botox can do for you....
Old 13-08-2008, 18:05   #38

LOL who says I don't look that good now :-)

Old 13-08-2008, 22:14   #39
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonny_tuesday View Post
My mum is in her 80's and has never had anything done to her appearance and she is THE most beautiful woman I have ever seen. She has grace, composure and dignity, shes lovely, shes kind, sensitive and caring she is truly a beautiful person.
So I would say no to botox.
Your mum sounds absolutely wonderful, and truly a beautiful lady Bonny, unfortunately, we are not all endowed with these lovely qualities, including myself, so will just keep slapping on the plonk for now, to try and aspire to at least outward attraction.

Panther : that picture is soo funny.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2008, 10:10   #40
Resting in Peace

Just reading a report in the paper this morning. Oil OF Ugly have done a survey of women in the late teens early twenties and it seems that lots of young ladeeeeees think that after 28 a womans life is down hill from then on. To me lots of women get better with age, that is if they don't let themselves go, but the majority look after themselves more thse days than they ever did
Old 16-08-2008, 09:19   #41
Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Just reading a report in the paper this morning. Oil OF Ugly have done a survey of women in the late teens early twenties and it seems that lots of young ladeeeeees think that after 28 a womans life is down hill from then on. To me lots of women get better with age, that is if they don't let themselves go, but the majority look after themselves more thse days than they ever did
Couldn't believe that when i read it!
Think its very sad that women feel that way.
I'm 24 and am very happy with how i look,can't see that changing in 4 years!
I have never worn make-up apart from my wedding day,never used any moisturisers or beauty creams and can't see me starting any day soon!
Old 16-08-2008, 10:32   #42
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
Couldn't believe that when i read it!
Think its very sad that women feel that way.
I'm 24 and am very happy with how i look,can't see that changing in 4 years!
I have never worn make-up apart from my wedding day,never used any moisturisers or beauty creams and can't see me starting any day soon!
My eldest daughter's 40 and he doesn't wear make up, or very little, mind you neither did her mother for that matter
Old 22-08-2008, 21:44   #43
Resting in Peace

There is a programme on tomorrow about it ... not sure which channel though:

I would like have to get rid of my deep frown line... ha don't have any laughter ones....

but I am scared in case it goes wrong so just have to keep my fringe :-)
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 00:28   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
My eldest daughter's 40 and he doesn't wear make up, or very little, mind you neither did her mother for that matter
I only wear make up on weekends at work, or if I'm going out
Well, wear mascara constantly, apart from in bed!

Am 27 now and not sure in a year would I think my life has gone downhill and would need Botox lol
Hopefully not
Old 23-08-2008, 08:01   #45

I wear makeup for special occasions, work or just as a pick me up.

In fact, i have a 'face', so if I know I am walking into a situation that I know I will be uncomfortable with, I'll put my slap on. Think my wierd phsychology bit can then treat it like a different person, can hide behond my mask.

Botox, had a freind that had it done on her frown lines and smile lines. It did the job, she looked good and her self confidence went through the roof, so was worth it just for that.

These days, dependant how bad, theres so many creams etc which I was always cynical off, but have tried and do think they make a difference. Less expensive and drastic to botox
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..