Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2012, 10:16   #31

Re: School Photo - Benjamin Hargreaves

Thanks for that Retlaw must be my grandad but there was more than 5 children,Victor,Dorothy,Alan(my dad)and twin Kathleen,Jennie,George,Freda & Norman George & Notman still living always fancied tracing my family tree
hassy rvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-03-2012, 11:40   #32
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassy rvr View Post
Thanks for that Retlaw must be my grandad but there was more than 5 children,Victor,Dorothy,Alan(my dad)and twin Kathleen,Jennie,George,Freda & Norman George & Notman still living always fancied tracing my family tree
This is an extract from his military history sheet, it only shows the children, when he was serving, any born after that date will not show on any military records.

Retlaw.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Coo. George V. 1361 R.F.A.-21a.jpg (112.4 KB, 30 views)
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 14:32   #33

Aww thanks so much it was great to see that I really appreciate it,never seen anything like that before. I,m only a novice on laptop and only came upon this site by chance didn,t really know what I was doing so when I came upon the school pic I was well excited.
Old 07-03-2012, 16:42   #34
I am Banned

Quote:
Aww thanks so much it was great to see that I really appreciate it,never seen anything like that before. I,m only a novice on laptop and only came upon this site by chance didn,t really know what I was doing so when I came upon the school pic I was well excited.
They run classes on using computers & the internet at Accy Library, you can also access Ancetry for free if you start to do a family tree.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:43   #35

Thanks will have a look into it.
Old 11-05-2012, 19:05   #36

I attended Benjamin Hargreaves around the same time. I don't recognise anyone but they do look familiar. I remember Andrew Evans, Phillip Mitchell, Margaret East, Brian Gunton, Linda Wilson.
ataylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 19:19   #37

I also attended Benjamin Hargreaves in the 50s I remember Margaret East,Linda Gorton Judith Glasson,Alan Smith David Smith ( who was no relation ) I also think Stephen Brown was in my class too.I remember Mrs Palk also the headmaster Mr Pilkington who wasn't very nice to me just because I was left handed. .
Marl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 15:13   #38

Andrew Evans was killed in the Falkland conflict so sad he was a lovely lad he used to play out with my friends and I after school have some great memories of those far off days.
Old 25-10-2012, 20:56   #39
Mog

Quote:
Hi I,m on this photo front row seated I was Barbara Coo I to remember Ian Entwhistle,Alan Smith Duncan Hickling
Duncan Hickling ended up at St Christophers 1958 to about 1960. Was a bit of a bad lad at school always in trouble. No idea what happened to him. When he left, never saw him or heard about him.
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 19:00   #40
Junior Member+

Firstly, I have to say that I was really shocked to open this thread and see my mothers name before my eyes. I went to Benjis until 1988 and just caught the name, and was intrigued. Let me explain, I am Margaret Easts` son, and I certainly didn`t expect to see her name on the internet. When she went to Benjis she lived at New House cottage, right at the top of Sandy Lane, past Leemings pad.
Is think she is on this photograph, but I`m not too sure not having seen many early photos of my mum. Can anyone confirm which one she is? I`d hate to be wrong.

Sadly, my mother died just over 2 years ago and the one thing I miss the most is talking about old Accrington.
TheBookieSaswaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2012, 12:15   #41

Your mum isn't on the photo she was too young I was in same class as your mum she was a playmate of mine...So sorry to hear she has passed away,she was a lovely lass.
Old 28-10-2012, 14:10   #42
Senior Member+

I am in touch with a couple of lads called Glasson, likely the brother of a girl mentioned earlier

I want to trace a lad called John Wild,who went to Benji's, then the Grammar Schol and became a teacher. Now 71yrs old
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 09:40   #43

Bob - John Wild was a master at Merchant Taylors on the Wirral. He will now have retired, but they might be a starting point.
Balbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 17:26   #44
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marl View Post
Your mum isn't on the photo she was too young I was in same class as your mum she was a playmate of mine...So sorry to hear she has passed away,she was a lovely lass.
I may have heard your name before Marl, she had many tales to tell of yesteryear.

She was a lovely lass, you`re right, I am biased though.

Thanks for the reply.
TheBookieSaswaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2012, 12:10   #45

Was hoping to see my Dad Harry Jackson on the pic but after working it out he had left a couple of years before it was taken ;(
Debbie Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..