Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2008, 17:36   #31
Junior Member+

Re: Eating Out - English!

how much is it at whittakers? is it nice?
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination.
rishtonette is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-11-2008, 00:04   #32

Some things dont change do they, the Corporation Arms was good in the 60s, good to know its still going. By the way whats the Moorcock at Waddington like now used to work there in the 60s, it was a high class place then.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2008, 02:16   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchman phil View Post
'erindoors and myself have decided to take our parents out for a meal. Now we'd just pick any old restaurant for ourselves but our parents are strictly English meals only and would never dream of a curry or pasta or noodles.
So, apart from the crappy style carvery places such as Mother Redcap and the Gamecock, where in Hyndburn can we go for a decent 'English'??
Thanks in advance!
Nothin wrong with mother redcap and gamecock
Old 06-04-2009, 17:09   #34
Senior Member+

Been in one of my favourite pubs for lunch today, The Black Horse at the top of Warner Street and they have a new menu plus are doing tea time specials Mon-Thurs 4pm till 7pm, eg pork chop, egg and chips, or steak pie chips and peas, or 7oz fish, chips and peas for £3 ! There are more choices too and you can have a pint with your meal for the total of £4.95 !
They are also doing a curry club on Mon/Wed/Fri from 4 till 7 very reasonably priced eg Lamb samosa and a Chicken Korma £5.
Think all this kicks in from 6th of this month, and well worth a visit!

Kids welcome too!
Old 06-04-2009, 20:28   #35

the best place and a favourite of ours is Harwoods in guess where yes your right Great Harwood used to be the lidget all home cooked and the best service around and reasonable
esteemedjuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 23:55   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteemedjuju View Post
the best place and a favourite of ours is Harwoods in guess where yes your right Great Harwood used to be the lidget all home cooked and the best service around and reasonable
isnt that the one on way out to rishton?
if so it shut down months ago
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:41   #37
Junior Member+

cant agree with comment about Redcap and Gamecock Jae Swift. They are both crappy places with crappy food but I suppose you gets what you pay for and for 3.50 u aint going to get decent food are you!!!! Where is good pub food in Hyndburn? difficult to answer as Ossy is bereft of decent nosh - Britannia is awful, Duckworth Hall is all fozen food or pre cooked sliced meats( have u tried the Sunday lunches???) and went to White Bull last week which is atrocious!! No wonder we were the only people in the pub at 6.30pm on a Saturday
bobs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:21   #38

Have you tryed the red-cap they do good food .
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 22:37   #39
Junior Member+

Mallard - no its not good food its cheap food done crappy style for cheap price. ts not good value its cheap rubbish. Why do we all think good value is cheap all of a sudden ? Thats all thats going to be left soon and then we will all be sorry sad gits!!I only up here visiting from Kent for a couple of weeks and I can confirm that pub food in Hyndburn is truly awful/terrible/pathetic/rubbish etc..............
Old 12-04-2009, 23:43   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobs11 View Post
Mallard - no its not good food its cheap food done crappy style for cheap price. ts not good value its cheap rubbish. Why do we all think good value is cheap all of a sudden ? Thats all thats going to be left soon and then we will all be sorry sad gits!!I only up here visiting from Kent for a couple of weeks and I can confirm that pub food in Hyndburn is truly awful/terrible/pathetic/rubbish etc..............
the carvery at sycamore farm is much better for an extra 3 quid
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009, 11:37   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
well if carlisle's in kent, why should we take notice?
Old 13-04-2009, 21:07   #42
Junior Member+

wot u on about Carlisle?????????????????? Never been an not goin hopefully!!!!!!!!!! Kent rocks!!!!!
Old 13-04-2009, 22:12   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
wot u on about Carlisle?????????????????? Never been an not goin hopefully!!!!!!!!!! Kent rocks!!!!!
thats were yer location says, look at yer posts.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:20   #44
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Went to Over Coffee last night. What a fantastic change to have a decent restaurant in Accy. The food was lovely and plenty of it, nicely cooked and presented. There was plenty to choose from and a nice atmosphere in the restaurant. It was also very reasonably priced and a nice change for us to be able to share a bottle of wine without one of us having to drive. We'll definitely be going back..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 20:42   #45

I took my aunty to Duckworth Hall a fortnight ago and it was very good, Marie Ball
Marie Ball is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..