Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2009, 04:25   #1846
God Member

Re: weather??

Holy faeces ... there is a tornado warning out for Kingston and Prince Edward county .... I'll send you guys a postcard from Oz
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-08-2009, 05:58   #1847
God Member

Tornado warning is over .... Toronto got hit pretty bad with storms and torrential rain ... 50mm in one hour .... town of Vaughan, north of TO declared a state of emergency, over 200 homes badly damaged ... we had quite the storm, but it looks like it's over for now ... still under a major thunderstorm warning for the rest of the night.
Old 21-08-2009, 07:18   #1848
God Member

Just seen pics of Vaughan on the news .... roofs missing, barns flying through the air, trees uprooted, automobiles rolled down the street .... and no one was hurt!!!! Amazing.
Old 21-08-2009, 09:58   #1849
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Just seen pics of Vaughan on the news .... roofs missing, barns flying through the air, trees uprooted, automobiles rolled down the street .... and no one was hurt!!!! Amazing.
Well at least Ossy has its good points Eric, we don't get that kind of weather, well not quite that is
Old 21-08-2009, 16:53   #1850
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well at least Ossy has its good points Eric, we don't get that kind of weather, well not quite that is
A little bit of active weather makes life more interesting
Old 21-08-2009, 17:12   #1851
God Member

And now it looks like Hurricane Bill will hit Atlantic Canada on Sunday ... seems like it will arrive as a category 2. Looks like it will get wild and wet on the Rock.
Old 22-08-2009, 09:18   #1852
Resting in Peace

On Sunday my Daughter flies out after her holiday here in the UK. For the last 5 years she has lived in Vietnam, but is now moving to Zhuhai in China, I just happened to mention to her yesterday about this new place and I said it isn't near where all the bad weather has been lately, quite calmly she said ya right in the middle
Old 22-08-2009, 09:52   #1853
God Member

Quote:
On Sunday my Daughter flies out after her holiday here in the UK. For the last 5 years she has lived in Vietnam, but is now moving to Zhuhai in China, I just happened to mention to her yesterday about this new place and I said it isn't near where all the bad weather has been lately, quite calmly she said ya right in the middle
I've just looked on google earth.
Be thankful that she is well away from, and not downstream of, Three Gorges Dam
Three Gorges Dam is a disaster in the making, China admits - Times Online

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2009, 15:01   #1854
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I've just looked on google earth.
Be thankful that she is well away from, and not downstream of, Three Gorges Dam
Three Gorges Dam is a disaster in the making, China admits - Times Online
The link is throwing a 404 at me Margaret, I know that this place where she will be living is in Guangdong province, never heard of the city or the Province. I'll google it myself and see if I can come up with
Old 02-09-2009, 19:32   #1855
God Member

What gorgeous weather we are having! Bright, sunny, nice breeze off the lake, going down to the low teens at night .... ah And it will last though the week. Soon the trees will start to turn .... can't wait for Fall; beautiful season .... and hockey starts soon .... and the hunting seasons open up; and the fishing is still great .... will probably go out for duck and geese; but I think that this year I will shoot deer with my camera (finally decided to buy a good one, and to use it for something other than gathering dust).
Old 03-09-2009, 09:02   #1856
Resting in Peace

Quote:
What gorgeous weather we are having! Bright, sunny, nice breeze off the lake, going down to the low teens at night .... ah And it will last though the week. Soon the trees will start to turn .... can't wait for Fall; beautiful season .... and hockey starts soon .... and the hunting seasons open up; and the fishing is still great .... will probably go out for duck and geese; but I think that this year I will shoot deer with my camera (finally decided to buy a good one, and to use it for something other than gathering dust).
I just hate it Eric when your on bout your lovely weather when I'm looking out of my window at 10am lights on in the house and it p****** down
Old 03-09-2009, 11:05   #1857

Quote:
Holy faeces ... there is a tornado warning out for Kingston and Prince Edward county .... I'll send you guys a postcard from Oz
It,s springtime in OZ,come on down!
south aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:01   #1858
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I just hate it Eric when your on bout your lovely weather when I'm looking out of my window at 10am lights on in the house and it p****** down
I look out of my window and see the Tinker brook has risen by fifteen foot overnight, after all this torrential rain.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 16:17   #1859
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by south aussie View Post
It,s springtime in OZ,come on down!
Thanks a bunch ... but fall is just around the corner, and I wouldn't miss it for anything
Old 03-09-2009, 16:20   #1860
God Member

Quote:
Hey, look at the bright side .. in a couple of months I could be up to my ass in snow Just got a Canadian Tire flyer today telling me of all the good deals on snowblowers and winter tires .... oops, "tyres".

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..