Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-01-2008, 21:24   #1
God Member

Biorb fish tank

I'm thinking of getting a Biorb fish tank.

Has anybody got any experience of these? Would you recommend them?
What fish do you keep in it?

A couple of years ago I started a marine tank and it was a total disaster! One thing after another, cost me a fortune and in the end they died.

I thought that a Biorb with either cold water or tropical fish, haven't decided yet, would be easier to manage.

Anybody any advice?

Thanks.
Accrington Web
Old 20-01-2008, 22:26   #2
God Member

Re: Biorb fish tank

Don't buy one.

They're a waste of money in my opinion and they're tacky! I used to work at aquamania selling them!

Nobody used to have many problems with them though, pretty straight forward to change the filters and the lights, but they're just not worth the money and you cant really put that much in them!

Trust me on this one!
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 15:43   #3
God Member

Thanks, Blazey.
Old 23-01-2008, 09:41   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Thanks, Blazey.
No problem,

there isn't really a particular tank I can recommend but the Juwel ones are good quality, they just dont come in fun shapes like the Biorb. You'll get more enjoyment out of a nice tropical tank though and they're pretty straight forward to look after.

Whoever advised you to try a marine tank with no experience with other fish must've been just after your money. I actually dread to think who much you spent but I bet I can safely say at the minimum around 2 grand... unless of course they sold you cheap and nasty stuff!
Old 23-01-2008, 09:51   #5
God Member

oooo noooooooo lilly, dont get a marine tank, they cost a lot of money to run and the fish are expensive anyway, richard has 4 tropical tanks and has always said he'd love a marine set up but there is no way he could ever afford it, steer well clear unless you have lots of money

and if you have got loadsa money then i reckon you should share it wi yer cousin
Old 23-01-2008, 09:54   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
oooo noooooooo lilly, dont get a marine tank, they cost a lot of money to run and the fish are expensive anyway, richard has 4 tropical tanks and has always said he'd love a marine set up but there is no way he could ever afford it, steer well clear unless you have lots of money

and if you have got loadsa money then i reckon you should share it wi yer cousin
If you read what she said she said she'd already bought one years ago you silly mare. She was wondering about biorbs because she wants a cold water or tropical tank!
Old 23-01-2008, 09:59   #7
God Member

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 23-01-2008, 13:13   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Come on you silly mare, read the posts before commenting
Old 23-01-2008, 13:16   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Come on you silly mare, read the posts before commenting

shut it you, and stop stalking me
Old 23-01-2008, 13:21   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
shut it you, and stop sucking me
I never touched you
Old 23-01-2008, 13:29   #11
God Member

lol you tit
Old 23-01-2008, 16:04   #12
God Member

Quote:

That's right, I did have a marine tank a few years back. It was dreadful. Like Blazey said, I probably should never have attempted it with no previous experience of fish keeping, it was much more complicated than I anticipated.

I reckon altogether I must have spent about £1500. What a waste.

Still, you live and learn eh?

I'm thinking of getting coldwater or tropical now as I think I could cope ok with them.
Old 23-01-2008, 16:07   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
That's right, I did have a marine tank a few years back. It was dreadful. Like Blazey said, I probably should never have attempted it with no previous experience of fish keeping, it was much more complicated than I anticipated.

I reckon altogether I must have spent about £1500. What a waste.

Still, you live and learn eh?

I'm thinking of getting coldwater or tropical now as I think I could cope ok with them.
If you do you might want to have your water tested just incase there are high levels of any harmful chemicals in the water. Aquamania do it at around a fiver per test but you can buy a testing kit for around 20-30 pound (which can sometimes work out cheaper) and do it yourself at home.

That way your less likely of ending up with dead fish, but resist temptation to buy too many fish at any one time and check that the fish you buy will get along ok with the others. Some fish will 'peck' other ones to death.
Old 23-01-2008, 16:10   #14

Aquamania is that the one that has lots off dead fish on the top of its tanks in blackburn
Old 23-01-2008, 17:54   #15
God Member

yep thats the one, unlike great harwood which has white spot lol

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..