Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-03-2008, 12:43   #166
Senior Member+

Re: Morning After Pill

to quote George W Bush 'I have opinions of my own, strong opinions, but I don't always agree with them'

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-03-2008, 12:44   #167
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
to quote George W Bush 'I have opinions of my own, strong opinions, but I don't always agree with them'
I love George Bush, he's so unreasonable.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 12:56   #168
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I imagine that if I actually said that it would've been in jest.

I wouldn't come onto this forum and ask for places in Lancaster would I, that would be stupid of me, hence why I said 'asking for places in accrington would be stupid as I am in Lancaster' proving the point that I was obviously NOT asking for the morning after pill for myself.

I am still on the pill as I only left my boyfriend 3 weeks ago, and I went on the Pill in the first place because it helped regulate my periods. I had to change pill for health reasons though and the new pill doesn't have the same effect.

Obviously I'm not a perfect catholic or I wouldn't be on the pill in the first place. Even so, I did not expect everyone to make this there own business just because I asked for a pharmacy or place to get the morning after pill.

Now, I think I have managed to answer everyones questions. I am an honest person and I wouldn't be ashamed to say if I needed something like this, but what saddens me is that other people might be put off asking for things like this in the future because of the horrible responses they may get.

Health is very important, and any questions relating to medication and health clinics should not be met with tarnishing assumptions from other people. If I had asked where a friend could find a GUM clinic in accy would you have assumed she ha slept around without protection?

For all you know my friend could have been raped, and instead it was assumed that she had had sex with no protection. Maybe if she had, she wouldn't be going forward about it now because of the way she was perceived on this forum, she'd probably be afraid of being treated exactly the same by the authorities, who are after all normal people like you.

It's just not appropriate is it?

Some of you I expected better from.
Personally, I would prefer not to have such information about your private life.

Being human we all make assumptions, and you must do the same at some point, it is natural that some of the assumptions we make will be wide of the mark.......folk won't be judgemental if you don't tell folk your private stuff.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 22:24   #169
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy View Post
i have looked through this thread and can see that it has wanderd off a hell lot from someone asking a simple question, everyone has to add there 2p worth and i was starting to wonder why???? Is it that people hav nothing better to do with thier time???? It seems sad that no one person coud give a simple non judgement answer, It confuses me as to why???
what about this ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keetah992000 View Post
mm i dont know if i am right but i seem to remember something bout police knowing where emergency drugs can be obtained on days like this - long time ago though - maybe a long wait at A&E
i wasnt judging
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 22:45   #170
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I love George Bush, he's so unreasonable.
I too love Bush
Old 27-03-2008, 22:46   #171
Senior Member+

Neil!!!!! Pmsl

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 23:07   #172
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I too love Bush
I thought you would prefer sensimilia

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 23:13   #173
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Is that some play on words meaning legs or boobs?
Old 27-03-2008, 23:20   #174
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Is that some play on words meaning legs or boobs?
it's a play on words .....for grass, dope, skunk, bush, sensimilia
I presumed a man of your worldly wisdom would know the terms for marijuana/hemp/cannabis

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 23:22   #175
God Member

Quote:
Well at least it's female for him

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 11:05   #176
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Personally, I would prefer not to have such information about your private life.

Being human we all make assumptions, and you must do the same at some point, it is natural that some of the assumptions we make will be wide of the mark.......folk won't be judgemental if you don't tell folk your private stuff.
I would prefer not to go into it but when it's my only way of defending myself because i'm being branded a feckless slapper then what choice do I have?

If I was really how people perceive me on this forum this would've been a much different thread, but I am a nice person so I will leave it as it is.

I don't care if being on the pill makes me a bad catholic, least I am a responsible human being.
Old 28-03-2008, 12:24   #177
Beacon of light

I don't think you need to justify yourself to us...after all what do our opinions of you really matter?
If you feel you are a nice person, then what we think of you is immaterial...and your personal information is unnecessary.
Old 28-03-2008, 16:27   #178
God Member

Quote:
That's not bush ... that's "bud."
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2008, 01:48   #179
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I don't think you need to justify yourself to us...after all what do our opinions of you really matter?
If you feel you are a nice person, then what we think of you is immaterial...and your personal information is unnecessary.
Nice or not, people have feelings and tend to defend their reputation. Maybe I should just creep off to my corner and let everyone assume I am irresponsible and dirty?
Old 31-03-2008, 06:38   #180
Beacon of light

I don't think that is what I said Blazey....but if that's what you want.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..