Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-10-2009, 22:11   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Vigilantes......

Great post

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

Accrington Web
Old 29-10-2009, 22:17   #17
God Member

Ive no idea whats gone on, but great post WM...............totally agree

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Old 29-10-2009, 23:44   #18

whoever as done this r not true stanley fans as a true stanley fan would not cause damage to there own football club it dont make sense
Old 30-10-2009, 01:35   #19

Posted via Mobile Device it would of bin some sad little boy hearing about us on the news and thought it would be fun to do summat like that... True coward i say
Old 30-10-2009, 11:16   #20
Resting In Peace

What has been done ????
Old 30-10-2009, 14:55   #21
God Member

I agree with every post that has been made about the person who did this.

it was me.

I hadn't intended to do anything and disagree with anybody who thinks it is a good idea. The way it happened was that I had decided i wanted to sleep on the Clayton End as it may (or may not) have been the last time the ground was in that condition. Drunk and emotional I climbed over the fence to make my way to the clayton end. Whilst doing so I looked all around the ground and probably spent quite some time reflecting on everything I had witnessed there over the years. I happened across a can of spray paint and had a moment of weakness. I sprayed 'time to go' in 6" letters across the bit of wall that leads into the Gazelle Lounge. I then went to the Clayton End and tried to get to sleep after texting the first ten people in my phone to tell them where I was - including Dave O'Neil.

I am by no means making excuses for what happened just explaining why it happened.

I have spoken to Mick Schultz this morning and Dave O'Neil to apologise. I have also sent an email to Dave and Rob to explain and admit in full. I have also offered to reimburse whoever cleaned it up and have offered a case of stewards hi-viz vests as further apology.

The matter is now being dealt with by Dave and the police.

I offer my full apologies to all those fans who have acted in a way that hasn't caused any more upset or damage than necessary. It goes without saying that it won't happen again (by me) and I would implore everybody else to continue to act in a responsible and well behaved manner - it will get us nowhere. If members of the OSC and ASSF feel that I brought either organisation into disrepute then I will resign my position (it is only right). Please contact me by email, phone or PM to let me know.

Once again, sorry to everybody who I have let down - including myself.

Rob
Old 30-10-2009, 15:09   #22

Rob you have done what a lot of people felt like doing at the time, its easy to see red mist with the events that took place.

Well done for being honest about your actions, its a pity other people did not come clean, which led you to take such actions.

I forgive you

CLAYTON RED

"Have You Seen The Force Called Stanley"
Old 30-10-2009, 15:16   #23
Super Moderator

OK, Rob, you let your heart rule your head and did something stupid, but top marks for being totally honest about it. As Clayton says, it might have been better if others in the club had been as painfully frank as you.
Old 30-10-2009, 15:16   #24
God Member

Got to agree with Clayton Red Macca, yes it was bloody stupid to say the least but at least you've had the guts to own up & apologise and have tried to atone for your actions.
I think we can all understand how you were feeling at the time and my personal opinion is that I don't think there is any need for you to resign although that is your decision.
Old 30-10-2009, 15:22   #25
God Member

Were you anywhere near the gents when the words 'time to go' sprang to mind? if so I'm sure a good yuman rights lawyer could sort things out.
Old 30-10-2009, 15:43   #26
God Member

Smile Re: Vigilantes......

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I agree with every post that has been made about the person who did this.

it was me.

If members of the OSC and ASSF feel that I brought either organisation into disrepute then I will resign my position (it is only right). Please contact me by email, phone or PM to let me know.

Once again, sorry to everybody who I have let down - including myself.

Rob
Macca, as a member of both of the above, plus being a Stanley fan and a friend of yours, I feel you have done enough by owning up and by contacting the club. I feel you have no reason to resign from any of your positions.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
Old 30-10-2009, 16:45   #27

Isn't about time we all calmed down and started to put this hideous episode in the club's history behind us.

Peolpe are being worked up into a frenzy and normally sensible individuals are saying and doing very regretable things.

The club is safe Ilyas and Peter have seen to that and we are all very grateful for their generosity and dedication to the club. Repay them by behaving like civilised members of the public. Get behind the team, Ilyas, Peter and Dave can discuss the future running of the club and we must get behind them all in encouraging them to make the best descision for Accrington Stanley, not threatening and barracking.

Come on people let's show the world that it is a better place because Accrington Stanley is still around because at the moment alot of folk must be wondering why they bothered helping to save us.

Macca you must be applauded for your honesty and your willingness to accept what may lie in store for you as a result of your actions. I hope you will become a better person because of this, I don't think you are that bad a guy to start with everyone has had a stressful and emotional time because of this but now we must take a deep breath swallow hard and work together to make a better future for our club.

Last edited by Minister Onymfo; 30-10-2009 at 16:47. Reason: Typo's
Old 30-10-2009, 17:28   #28
Junior Member+

well Rob very emotional post you did BUT you vandalised the ground illegally you entered the groud illegally you went too far , no one else has done anything like that and WE ALL feel confused but there are other ways !!! sorry mate it was wrong!!!
Old 30-10-2009, 17:47   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.F.J.F.C. REDS View Post
well Rob very emotional post you did BUT you vandalised the ground illegally you entered the groud illegally you went too far , no one else has done anything like that and WE ALL feel confused but there are other ways !!! sorry mate it was wrong!!!
???

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
Old 30-10-2009, 17:52   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.F.J.F.C. REDS View Post
He has already admitted he was in the wrong and has apologised to everyone connected to the club, fans, ASSF and OSC. Why put something like the above. Rob is perfectly aware he went too far, he has had the guts to own up to his misdemeanors, however in comparison to what has gone one prior to this, it is minor. Rob is Accrington Stanley through and through, he is always the first to put forward ideas to help with fund raising not just for the ASSF but the OSC as well. As far as I am concerned, the incident should be laid to rest and put in the annals of history. At least he didn't go onto the pitch and damage that, as was done in the past. Let sleeping dogs lie.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..