Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2009, 17:57   #31
God Member

Re: Vigilantes......

With you OO

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
Accrington Web
Old 30-10-2009, 18:04   #32

Everybody makes mistakes in their lives; it's how you deal with those mistakes, and atone for them that matters.

To own up, here, to making such a mistake shows a strength of character, and a real degree of remorse for actions carried out. It would have been very easy to have just kept quiet and let it blow over.

Ash

http://www.unlimitedricepudding.com/
Old 30-10-2009, 18:07   #33
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister Onymfo View Post
Isn't about time we all calmed down and started to put this hideous episode in the club's history behind us.

Peolpe are being worked up into a frenzy and normally sensible individuals are saying and doing very regretable things.

The club is safe Ilyas and Peter have seen to that and we are all very grateful for their generosity and dedication to the club. Repay them by behaving like civilised members of the public. Get behind the team, Ilyas, Peter and Dave can discuss the future running of the club and we must get behind them all in encouraging them to make the best descision for Accrington Stanley, not threatening and barracking.

Come on people let's show the world that it is a better place because Accrington Stanley is still around because at the moment alot of folk must be wondering why they bothered helping to save us.

Macca you must be applauded for your honesty and your willingness to accept what may lie in store for you as a result of your actions. I hope you will become a better person because of this, I don't think you are that bad a guy to start with everyone has had a stressful and emotional time because of this but now we must take a deep breath swallow hard and work together to make a better future for our club.
Best post I've read all week.....I hope every one takes note.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 30-10-2009, 18:13   #34
Member.

Rob I won't repeat what I said in the txt, I hope you get at last 150 hours community service under Mick Schultz.

It takes a big man to do what you did (after the event) and despite being what I said, I sincerely hope that the club can take it on the chin.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 30-10-2009 at 18:16.
Old 30-10-2009, 18:34   #35

Hmmm painting on a wall thats terrible I wonder what you get for being negligent with the actual running of the club and nearly getting it closed down twice, thats what has led to passions being this high in the first place.
Old 30-10-2009, 18:47   #36
God Member

emotions always get the better of us right or wrong it just shows the passion rob has got for the club he has sacrificed more than most for stanley time and effort with the supporters club .weve all done something through passion we have regretted so i think rob should be forgiven.after all it wasnt mindless it was driven by passion.

Last edited by cmonstanley; 30-10-2009 at 18:54.
Old 30-10-2009, 19:28   #37
Senior Member+

No right to comment on ASSF, but for my money you don't get out of Chairman of the OSC that easily
Old 30-10-2009, 19:55   #38

Rob, there but for a bl==dy long way from Selsey go I. Guess most can be pushed into hearts ruling brains on occassions -it's done now so don't let it drag you down mate.
Old 30-10-2009, 20:03   #39
Senior Member+

respect for coming on here and confronting your actions.
Old 30-10-2009, 21:20   #40

I think Rob has had the courage to own up for what he has done and will make amends for what he has done, therefore why are we going on about this, lets put it behind us and look to the future with Rob still as the chairman of the OSC and a member of the ASSF. I for one do not believe that anyone else at the moment could have done or will do as good a job as Rob has been doing.

We need all the good people with passion and pride to get Stanley back on its feet.

I for one am fully behind keeping Rob at the forefront of the OSC and as an active member of the ASSF and hopefully a future mover and shaker for getting the Supporters Trust up and running.
Old 30-10-2009, 21:41   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

who is going on about it phoenix? Rob asked fer comments, all i have read whilst not condoning, fully understand how it came about,
Old 31-10-2009, 00:10   #42
Senior Member+

Silly,but with full transperency.

Forgiven.
Old 31-10-2009, 11:11   #43

rob i know your passion for stanley you did the wrong thing but in life we all make mistakes the things you have done for the club more then make up for this one mistake i forgive you On Stanley On
Old 01-11-2009, 20:55   #44
Junior Member+

Well Mr Russell, in my opinion you are a trespassing vandal, you broke onto the ground and de-faced property you then feel that a box of high viz vests and half harted appologies will make things better. You have been spouting now for weeks about how you and your followers want to save the club, its a good job Mr Hayes and Mr O'Neill have a little more self restraint. You should be arrested and banned for life, I just hope that you are made an example of and that the night you spent in the clayton end is in fact the last time you ever get onto the crown ground again....True fans of Accrington Stanley would never think of doing something like that, and as for casually walking past a tin of spray paint? what a load of garbage.......You'll be telling me next that Whinstanley was stood there gauding you on....
Old 01-11-2009, 20:59   #45
God Member

Kenny, if your post is a light hearted one and meant as a joke, then fine, but if you are serious, then you are talking utter garbage! To say that macca is not a true fan!!!! And where do you get half hearted apology from???

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..