Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions and help! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/)
-   -   Is it happening to you? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/is-it-happening-to-you-58168.html)

cashman 09-06-2011 13:22

Is it happening to you?

Yesterday @Today Accyweb is going "Dead Slow" when clicking on stuff, seems fine on other sites i go on, am now brassed off n sodding off fer a while:(

garinda 09-06-2011 13:31

Re: Is it happening to you?

Ok, for me today.

Margaret Pilkington 09-06-2011 13:37

It was like that for me a few weeks ago.
It worried me a bit. I thought that the machine had picked up something nasty(although, I would have been surprised as the antivirus I use is spot on)...anyway I ran a big scan, nothing showed up.

I had been getting alerts that my browser was out of date and urged to update to IE9.........and I did this.....things ran faster and much more smoothly, but I was impressed with IE9.......was advised to convert to Firefox as a browser.
Since then...much much better. Faster, smoother and with fewer bugs.

I know this won't much help your query Cashy, as you were one of the peeople who advised Firefox......so I assume that is what you are currently using.
Maybe you need to upgrade to a newer version.
What do I know?(Not a lot).

Royboy39 09-06-2011 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 911256)
Yesterday @Today Accyweb is going "Dead Slow" when clicking on stuff, seems fine on other sites i go on, am now brassed off n sodding off fer a while:(

Could it be to do with that iffy ad at the top of the page?:confused:

cashman 09-06-2011 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 911259)
It was like that for me a few weeks ago.
It worried me a bit. I thought that the machine had picked up something nasty(although, I would have been surprised as the antivirus I use is spot on)...anyway I ran a big scan, nothing showed up.

I had been getting alerts that my browser was out of date and urged to update to IE9.........and I did this.....things ran faster and much more smoothly, but I was impressed with IE9.......was advised to convert to Firefox as a browser.
Since then...much much better. Faster, smoother and with fewer bugs.

I know this won't much help your query Cashy, as you were one of the peeople who advised Firefox......so I assume that is what you are currently using.
Maybe you need to upgrade to a newer version.
What do I know?(Not a lot).

it usually tells me about upgrades, so dont think its that.:confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 911260)
Could it be to do with that iffy ad at the top of the page?:confused:

dunno roy, but its still at it.:(

mallard 09-06-2011 14:31

its ok

Retlaw 09-06-2011 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 911256)

Accy web has been slow to open for weeks now.
All other sites open normaly. One site tells me to upgrade to IE 8 or 9, but when I do those dammed pop ups "script error on line ???" "do you wish to continue", start appearing. My pop up blocker is set to maximum.

Retlaw

jaysay 09-06-2011 17:49

It varies with me some days its a bit slow, but funnily its like grease lightning today:D

cashman 09-06-2011 20:59

still taking 3/4 mins to open a page as the norm, some even longer.:( whatever the cause can only put folk off imho.:(

Tealeaf 10-06-2011 07:36

Why don't you put 50p in the electric meter and then see if it runs any faster?

Mick 10-06-2011 07:40

There are 2 reasons this could be happening
1) the site is doing an auto backup
2) Roy is mucking about updating things changing things or adding things
if it was at night then its a good chance it was a backup
if during the day it more lightly to be Roy
hope this helps

Neil 10-06-2011 07:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 911322)
still taking 3/4 mins to open a page as the norm, some even longer.:( whatever the cause can only put folk off imho.:(

Which browser are you using or have you tried?

Try opening a private browsing window and log into AccyWeb again. If it is ok then it is probably something in your cache/cookie that is slowing you down. Another member had a problem unable to login, when she tried the private browsing it worked ok so I said to clear cache, cookies and history and try again.

To do this in Firefox or Internet Explorer press CTRL SHIFT P
In Google Chrome its called incognito browsing and you press CTRL SHIFT N

Try it next time its being slow because I was on about the same time last night when you posted and it was ok for me so it looks like your PC/connection.

Is it just AccyWeb thats slow or other sites as well?

cashman 10-06-2011 08:58

only happening on accyweb,neil am using firefox, ta fer instructions but useless to me, aint a clue. dont even know what "Shift Key" is.:confused:

jaysay 10-06-2011 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 911357)
only happening on accyweb,neil am using firefox, ta fer instructions but useless to me, aint a clue. dont even know what "Shift Key" is.:confused:

:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::r ofl38::rofl38:

Thats a classic cashy:D

Benipete 10-06-2011 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 911357)

It's the key between Ctrl and Caps Lock.:)