Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2013, 09:35   #16
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Housing estate off whinney hill

They probably pay less money for their houses because they are next to a smelly tip then complain about the smell
Old 12-02-2013, 09:45   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
To ressurrect this thread: The tip was on northern news this morning,apparently some of the residents on Whinney Hill are complaining about smells coming from the tip.This makes me think:Somebody thought it would be a good idea to put a housing estate on this site next to the tip which had been there for 50 odd years People then buy a house on the eatate next to the tip and then wonder why there are smells!!
Ya it makes you wonder Dave, its like people in Ossy who buy houses on Park Lay then complain about kids and the kids playground being installed. if you buy a house opposite a park you expect it to be used by the community, its like buying a house on a main road then complaining about the traffic
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:08   #18
God Member

See this old thread
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ing-33045.html

There are links in it to the regulations that tip owners are required to comply with, and a phone number to use when nearby residents have problems.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 19:07   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
To ressurrect this thread: The tip was on northern news this morning,apparently some of the residents on Whinney Hill are complaining about smells coming from the tip.This makes me think:Somebody thought it would be a good idea to put a housing estate on this site next to the tip which had been there for 50 odd years People then buy a house on the eatate next to the tip and then wonder why there are smells!!
Why blame the tip?
Maybe some of the ghosts have died and they're going off a bit?
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 21:00   #20

imagination is rife on this thread,i drive down the motorway from colne and know when we hit the tip area it stinks, even at 70miles an hour,
glad i dont live near it, and that is down to the living, cant imagine who,s idea it was to build near it,
janloot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 21:56   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janloot View Post
imagination is rife on this thread,i drive down the motorway from colne and know when we hit the tip area it stinks, even at 70miles an hour,
glad i dont live near it, and that is down to the living, cant imagine who,s idea it was to build near it,
some of that whiff can be put down to the sess pit at the bottom of the slip road leading to the roundabout..

if im coming taht way i put on air recirculation a few miles before i hit it

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 22:06   #22
Senior Member+

I get used to smelling it walking through Clayton everyday
Old 12-02-2013, 22:26   #23
I am Banned

Yeah but what about when Jacksons do their muck spreading at the other side of Enfield ?
No contest but at least that's only a couple of times a year.
Not good days for hanging ones smalls in the window :-)
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 08:22   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by janloot View Post
or who was daft enough to buy one either
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 10:33   #25
Resting In Peace

Just wondering - I replied to this post yesterday and my post has been deleted. I try to keep my language clean but aren't we allowed to talk about excrement?

Last edited by Neil; 13-02-2013 at 13:11. Reason: removed quote
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 10:41   #26
Senior Member+

That Stinks.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 10:49   #27
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Just wondering - I replied to this post yesterday and my post has been deleted. I try to keep my language clean but aren't we allowed to talk about excrement?
Perhaps you quoted someone that was removed?
Best thing, P.M. the mods to find out rather than fill the site with more stuff for them to delete.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 10:59   #28
I am Banned

Quote:
ditto susie123
Hence my test post..
Ok I did make an obscure reference to a Japanese play but I thought I had a valid post.
In essence residents have been contacted by a private company offering to represent them in action/clains to the tip for the nuisance caused. Cynic that I am I see that as "ambulance chasing"

I hope the mods don't redact or blitz this post for using the word essence
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 13:22   #29
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:

I deleted your post and one it quoted because it got around the swear filter with +'s instead of the usual *'s.

Sometime I edit them, sometimes I delete them, it just depends if I am busy/on my phone/can be bothered etc.

I put a post up ages ago saying I may delete posts with swearing without letting you know.

If you have to use *'s or +'s or something else to post a word because the swear filter won't let you or you think you should blank it out then it is obviously not suitable for the site.

Last edited by Neil; 13-02-2013 at 13:24.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 13:37   #30
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I deleted your post and one it quoted because it got around the swear filter with +'s instead of the usual *'s.

Sometime I edit them, sometimes I delete them, it just depends if I am busy/on my phone/can be bothered etc.

I put a post up ages ago saying I may delete posts with swearing without letting you know.

If you have to use *'s or +'s or something else to post a word because the swear filter won't let you or you think you should blank it out then it is obviously not suitable for the site.
That's not fair - it wasn't my post that had the ++ in but Mobertol's, post 24, the one I was replying to, and that's still there...

Anyway I don't think the word we are referring to is offensive enough to need ++ or **, probably would have quoted the whole word myself, but then I'm a plain speaker as most folks on here are aware.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..